PDA

View Full Version : Land's End Little Tripper diaper bag

susukal
12-22-2003, 04:03 PM
I checked their website and they have two models for the Little Tripper. There is a slight difference in size and price, but I am not sure what other differences there are between the two. Does anyone have either or can compare the two? The description on the website is not detailed...

here are links to both bags:

http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,1467,1_2_1943_47583_89159_67606_5:view=-1,00.html?sid=8725011052511120050

http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,1467,1_2_1943_47583_72288_50735_5:view=-1,00.html?sid=8725011052511120050

Thank you
Sahar
#1 edd 1/12/04 (almost there :D )

kfcboston
12-27-2003, 05:11 PM
Sahar -

I just received the $21.50 "new-and-improved" version of the Little Tripper. The other one is just their older model. I think there might be a few posts on these backs if you search. I can't compare them, or speak to mine since I just got it. But it looks like it'll be great!

HTH!

Calmegja2
12-29-2003, 11:06 AM
I've got both...are there any specifics you'd like me to compare?

I prefer the new one....but I'd be happy to tell you what's what... ;-)

susukal
12-29-2003, 01:12 PM
Jessica,
Is there anything is the new one that's not in the old? Does it fit a lot more stuff?
I am looking for a diaper bag that's not too big but, at the same I would like it to fit the basic stuff that mommies take with them on short trips.
If you don't mind me asking, why do you like the new one more?

I am not sure as to which one to get...

Thanks for your help :D
Sahar
#1 edd 1/12/04

Calmegja2
12-29-2003, 01:25 PM
I think it's a little sleeker, a little more purselike, and better organized. I think both bags hold just about the same amount of stuff.

The reason I prefer it is twofold...

The front flap zips down to reveal a really well organized section, which perfect for a wallet, lipstick, key fob, and slots for handgel, wipes...it makes everything really convenient.

The second reason I prefer it is because there are two bottle holders, one on each side of the bag. We don't use bottles, but I can roll up my hotsling, and always have it ready to go on one side, and then I can place a sippycup or cellphone in the other one.

Also, the interior is contrast lined (light blue), so when you open the interior to look into it, you can see quite clearly.

The changing pad is also a great change, with a little zippered pocket for wetwipes in the pad. The stay nice and moist, and it's just a clever idea.

We use our old Little Tripper as a camera case now, and it's great for that. I really liked it when I had it as a bag, but the new one is just more smartly designed. ;-)

susukal
12-29-2003, 01:45 PM
:) Since I already have a bag for my camera I guess I'll go with the new one :P

Thank you SO much for your detailed feedback...It really helped A LOT. The new Little Tripper it is!

Sahar
#1 edd 1/12/04 :7

sarsah
01-04-2004, 11:37 PM
I have both as well. The 'old' one looks like it would hold more, but I think the new one actually has more room in it.

Here's what I like best about each of them:

'old one':
- has handles and a shoulder strap
- opens really wide so you can find stuff inside easier
- doesn't fall over easily (I have to hang my new one, otherwise it's always falling over on its side)

'new one':
- has bottle pockets on the outside (can also be used for a tall, think wallet, cel phone, keys, bottled water for mom, etc. if you only carry one bottle/cup/etc.)
- a lot 'thinner' and more 'purse like'
- doesn't constantly fall off my shoulder like the old one seemed to do
- has a deep outside pocket for the changing pad which can also hold your grocery list, coupons or other papers
- changing pad doesn't fall out of the bag
- light colored interior

It's about '6 of one, half dozen of the other' in my opinion, but I think I like the new design a little better.

Sarah........Jason & Devin's Mommy

Melanie
01-05-2004, 03:05 PM
How much can you fit in the new ones? If someone could list what they carry in theirs, I'd appreciate it. Also, if diapers, specify what kind/size.

Thanks