PDA

View Full Version : In search of the best big diaper bag for daytrips

newmomnyc
12-23-2003, 10:54 AM
I need a big diaper bag! We have been househunting and going on day trips out of NYC and I end up having to take two bags, which is a pain. I was thinking about the Baby Sherpa bag, but from what I remember of it, the main compartment isn't that big and there's a huge food compartment (?). What I carry with me:

A couple of bottles, sippy cup, a couple of jars of food
Thermos (not a huge one)
change of clothes
Diapers and wipes
some toys and a couple of board books
Personal items
blanket, hat, jacket for baby

Any suggestions? The jacket doesn't necessarily have to fit in the bag.

nitaghei
12-23-2003, 11:15 AM
If you don't care about style - the Lands End Do It All - the original, not the improved version. It should be able to hold all your stuff. I used it for a plane trip earlier and this is what it held:

Blanket; change of clothes; wipes and diapers; first aid stuff; cooler pack with 2 EBM bottles (Medela); Avent bottle converted to sippy cup; Hotsling; several toys and 2 board books; all my junk (filofax, 2 pairs of glasses, wallet, cosmetic case, 1 paperback, my water bottle etc.) and I still had a little room left over.

I'm not sure if I had his coat stuffed in there - but probably not.

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

sarsah
01-04-2004, 11:42 PM
I would suggest the LeSportSac baby bag. I think it's a perfect size for day trips and very light weight to begin with, so it's not too heavy when loaded down with stuff. It has great pockets on the outside and is stylish too with lots of fabric patterns to choose from.

They are pricey, but you can find them on eBay and if you're lucky at TJ Maxx or Marshalls in discontinued fabric patterns (mine came from TJ Maxx for around $25).

Sarah.......Jason & Devin's Mommy