PDA

View Full Version : Question/help: Just received my Petunia Pickle Bottom Backpack!

caroline9
12-24-2003, 10:26 AM
HI! I just received a PP Bottom Bam Bam Boxy backpack after I read a lot of positive reviews of it, so I ended up requesting it from my sister but I received it today and it is HUGE! I already had an Eddie Bauer backpack (BRU), and I love the print of the fabric, so I am wondering if I should exchange it for a toddler tote.(those are so cute! All of this offends my sense of value, but they are so pretty! I don't want my sister to be hurt, even though it was just something I picked out and sent her a link to. The problems I have with the backpack are that
a.)It doesn't seem practical, and it is so large, and
b.)I already have a backpack, and
c.)it is not really waterproof feeling on the inside and
d.) It only has one large pocket in the middle.

I got this thinking it would repalce my purse, and everything does fit in it once I stuff it, but I would never carry this anywhere I don't think, in comparison to a toddler tote. Does anyone have the tote, and can it be worn over the shoulder? Will I get used to the size of the backpack? I sling my daughter a lot, so a backpack is nice, but as I said, I do have the EB one. I am only 5 feet, so maybe that is a problem! I would love some advice as I need to return it ASAP if I am going to!
Thanks so much for any input! (and thanks Emmiem, I did get the message that you liked the toddler tote!)
Caroline
Mommy to Isabel 05/06/2003

kensjen
12-24-2003, 12:02 PM
Hi Caroline!

Wouldn't ya know, I have the toddler tote! LOL :)

I was also surprised at the size of the backpack, I saw it on a mom at BRU before I bought it. But since the fabrics are so gorgeous, I just HAD to get the tote. I love it! It is a bit smaller than the backpack, and yes, you can wear it over the shoulder-perfect for that. Some of the things that bother you about the backpack will probably still bug you with the tote...not a lot of pockets...not waterproof....but it is worth the sacrifice for style. hehe You can definitely use this one like a purse later, and it holds enough for a quick trip out. I don't use it all the time, but it's nice sometimes when I want to feel less "mom-ish", YKWIM?

Darn, I would have brought it to play group, had I known. Which fabric did you choose??

To confuse you more....did you look at the bags at
http://imstillme.bizhosting.com/store_index.html
They have a great pocket system, and some nice prints. Also backpacks.

Hope you figure it out! I know, it's an expensive thing, so you feel like you have to REALLY like it!

Have a good holiday,

caroline9
12-24-2003, 12:42 PM
LOL HI Jen! I did look at the I'm still me bags, and those still look big for replacing a purse to me(though I admit my purse is enormous!) I do like the backpack option of the ISM, but I find that around here (or anywhere for that matter), it is essential to have sometihng with a zipper b/c I just don't trust that people won't keep there hands out of my purse. I also found a black backpack that is really streamlined, and a pastille diaper bag but that is $170.00!!!! I could get 3 slings with that, LOL! I like the toddler tote so much, and I don't want my sister to find out about the return, that based on your advice (and emmie's!) I think I should just get it. Do you have a LE little tripper? Everyone seems to think those are great, as well as the urban sling (which looks huge, and would serve a different purpose). You helped trememndously, now I feel good about swapping it out for the toddler tote!

Edited to add, I would get the bam bam, which one do you have?
Caroline
Mommy to Isabel 05/06/2003

emmiem
12-24-2003, 01:02 PM
I have the Jaguar and the Land of the Lost. In most pictures, the color of the Land of the Lost seems pale. It really is a yummy brown color with green peacock feathers. The brown is just one shade lighter than chocolate. The jaguar, of course, is black on black with red piping. Love it!
Emmie

C99
12-25-2003, 11:31 PM
Well, I don't know if I will be much help, since I thought the PP boxy backpack was *too small*. But I recieved the I'm Still Me tote bag for Christmas and it's fairly small and will fit over your shoulder. I'm actually going to exchange it for the XL in the backpack style and a different fabric.

Imperia
12-27-2003, 03:13 AM
I think it's a personal thing, people have different opinions regarding size. My husband bought me the PP Shrimp Roll backpack as a gift, and when I saw it I thought it was a decent size for my taste, although the baby isn't here yet so I don't know what my needs will be quite yet. I liked the backpack because it can be worn as a backpack OR over the shoulder, which is nice. I would also prefer a bag that is a little too large than too small that I have to cram full of things and was literally bursting at the seams.

If you really want to switch, just tell your sister you appreicate the gift, but after seeing it in person it's a little large. so would she be okay with you exchanging it for the toddler tote.

Imperia