PDA

View Full Version : Diaper bag indecision...Maybe you can help?

smallestangel
12-26-2003, 09:16 PM
Hi

I was all set to order the Delux Backpack Diaper Bag from Lands End. Here's the link: http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,,1_2_1943_47583_89158_67605_5:view=-1,00.html?sid=0706058122734190050

But now, I'm not so sure. I'm waffling on the LD bag because I've begun to wonder if it's too big for us. We don't go out a whole lot and wouldn't be taking the baby all over the place. Basically just to the doctor's and on small trips to the mall and such.

If you have this bag (or something similar), do you think it would be overkill for our needs? What other bags can you recomend? The Little Tripper maybe?

Thanks

Amanda
It's a boy!
Jacob David :)
3/9/04

Momof3Labs
12-26-2003, 09:32 PM
I'd suggest using either the hospital diaper bag or a cheapie (I got one for $10 at TJ Maxx) until you know what your needs are. Everyone packs differently, and it depends on a lot of things (cloth or disposable dipes, bottle or breast fed, what kind of stroller you use, etc) that you might not know until baby is here. Diaper bags are so personal - one person's dream bag is another person's nightmare!

Kimberly H
12-26-2003, 10:07 PM
Amanda, I have the LE Deluxe Backpack diaper bag and it's big...big enough that we'll be using it as our daughter's carryon for the trip home from China.

We're going to use the LE Little Tripper for around town and the Deluxe Backpack for longer trips.

ncmommy
12-27-2003, 03:53 PM
Amanda - we have the LE backpack too, and we only use it for long daytrips. I find it to be way to bulky for everyday use. I'd get the new little tripper - I love mine - just the right size and cute too!

sadie2
12-30-2003, 02:17 PM
hi there, just wanted to chime in how much i love the LE deluxe backpack...as for those smaller trips, one of the best things about the bag is that it comes with a smaller tote bag that you can certainly fit a few diapers, keys, small wallet and a baggie of wipes...it IS a bog bag, but the smaller thing makes it terrific.