PDA

View Full Version : For the gals that were on the fence about shopping cart covers...

liya
01-01-2004, 02:24 PM
Which covers did you guys finally end up choosing...Please post your reviews if you've already received it..... :) Lil' ol help for a still confused gal(im so indecisive) :D...LOL

sntm
01-01-2004, 11:11 PM
Snazzy Baby -- very cute, seems to be just the right amount of padding, fits the cart well, buckle is a little difficult to fix to the cart, doesn't fold down very neatly (though I haven't seen the others for comparison), customer service is leaving something to be desired (they ran out of fabric before doing my free blankie and are giving me some trouble about substitutions)

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

pamela mom of 3
01-01-2004, 11:39 PM
I have the buggy bagg..LUV it! I know some find it kinda bulky but i really like how i can just zip it back into itself, 'cause i;m kinda lazy and i knew if bought one that had a bag i probably wouldn't toss it back in....ok probably not really being lazy more i just lack the time with the 3 kiddo's running wild in the car lol }(

I really like the padding and the pockets, it actually KEEPS my son in the cart, belted in i mean no matter how tight in the past i did the harness up in the carts he would be O-u-T, plus he would kick and scream bloody murder if i dared to put him in them at all, but now not with the cover..he will go in 'cause it's comfy.

It's real costly but i found it well made......really happy with it, i had a cart cover for #1 years ago and it was awful, just something from TRU, wow have they all come a long way lol ;)

GL!

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/fk/flowerkitty.gif[/IMG]

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-02-2004, 12:34 AM
I preface this with I don't care what product anyone buys it doesn't effect me in the slightest BUT I had to say that I personally think Kristie at Snazzy Baby has some of the best customer service I have ever dealt with in my life. I only add that so others will know if it was bad for you I don't think that is consistent or the norm.

I actually at times found her customer service to be too good, if I emailed a question or something I usually got a call about it within minutes...sometimes it's hard to take calls with a little one etc... but I was amazed at the customer service I got.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a problem Shannona and so hope that it works out...also I'd love to see a picture of your sushi cover!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

sntm
01-02-2004, 12:45 AM
I just emailed Kristie back (and dropped your name, Neve -- hope you don't mind!) so we will see. I was really surprised -- I'm hoping it was an anomaly.

I'll try to get a pic taken. You should have seen Jack when we used it the first time -- he was holding on to the rail and rocking back and forth, grinning like a madman. He loves it!

shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

jmofarrill
01-02-2004, 04:03 AM
Neve -- I agree that Kristie is great; I had great responses from her whenever I contacted her. Here's my story, though:

I'm still waiting for my Snazzy that I ordered back on 11/22/03, which was well before the Christmas delivery cut-off date. I called Kristie on 12/12 to see if it would arrive by 12/19 which was when I was leaving for vacation (if not, I was going to have it shipped to another address). She was great getting back to me and checking on my cover, but she didn't have the info for me that day. I called back on 12/15 and left a message; she returned my call on 12/16 to say my cover had shipped. I left for vacation without receiving the cover, and then received an email from LuAnn on 12/24 that there was a problem and I would not be receiving my cover by Christmas. The phrases "mess up on your order" and "mix-up" were used, so I thought it may have been shipped to someone else. I was given the options of either cancelling the order or keeping the order and choosing a larger size blanket as a gift (very generous, I think). I still want the Snazzy, so I opted to keep my order. I looked at the fabrics for the blanket on the website and I chose one, but then I noticed the fabric for my seat was no longer available. I emailed LuAnn about it, and she responded that she was expecting my fabric to come in earlier this week (12/29-30), and she would let me know. Then I started wondering if my seat was ever made! I haven't heard back from either LuAnn or Kristie yet, but I'm a bit too disappointed to call them this week. I'll give them a call next week if I haven't heard anything.

DDowning
01-02-2004, 08:14 AM
I ordered mine back at the end of October. I was to receive mine on the 20th of December but unfortunately, Fed Ex, screwed up the address - something neither Kristie nor I was able to control. Each time I inquired, Kristie's been great and I don't fault her for the delay at all. I just think that there was a case of too much demand and with the christmas rush things were bound to get harried. Besides, DS still isn't sitting up too great yet unassisted so for me, there's no rush to get it this minute. As long as I have sometime in the near future, I'll be happy. FedEx says that I should get my cart cover today or tomorrow - we'll see!

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-02-2004, 12:13 PM
I wonder if it's because they are hand made to and the time it takes to make them thus is reflected by that. So it's a catch twenty two I wanted one hand made but I also wanted it "now" (even though Tristan too was not sitting when I bought mine :)...

I think Luanne is Kristie's mother...her mother made my cover that I know...that meant a lot to me to imagine a grand mother making my cover and not a machine for some reason. But I guess due to that then an increase in orders slows stuff down.

Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

missliss55
01-02-2004, 01:12 PM
My friend and I both have the baby a la cart and love it. Their customer service was fantastic. I had a custom one made and received it in I think 2-3 weeks. The padding is great and it rolls up really nice.

Melissa
DD Emma 4/16/03

calebsmama03
01-02-2004, 02:38 PM
I have to agree that Kristie has great customer service. They definitely are S..L..O..W in getting them out, but I appreciate that they are handmade. I ordered back before the price increase (Sept, I think) and she'd just had a huge influx of orders then their home was threatened by the CA wildfires. Mine took about 2 weeks longer than promised and in return for my patience I received a free blankie (I had not complained or requested anything, FYI, just e-mailed to ask for an ETA). She was always very prompt to respond to e-mails and was always very pleasant. I ordered the bronze silky and she was very nice about trying to describe the color (the mfr had changed the color a bit from what was pictured) and offering to send a different color if I didn't like it.

Shannon - hope your experience gets better!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

sntm
01-03-2004, 12:53 AM
Well, unfortunately, I did not get the response I was hoping for. I'm waiting to see if she gets the sushi fabric back in. I really don't even need another blanket (we must have 10-15 already) but I'm mildly annoyed that I bought the cart cover expecting a matching blanket and for the moment, at least, am not getting the matching blanket. I feel that there should be some compensation for that, whether that means knocking $10 off my total price (which, face it, would be half shipping costs anyway) or giving me a chenille pillow instead, which would be more useful based on everyone's descriptions of how they use the thing. That's supposed to be the advantage of WAHM stores! And I am so loyal when I get good customer service -- I would be recommending it to everyone I know. I do think they grew too fast and got way overextended, but they are going to start losing customers in the future.

Sigh. I still love the cover.

shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

jmofarrill
01-03-2004, 11:56 AM
I heard from LuAnn yesterday; my seat is shipping out on Monday (in my fabric :) ) in addition to the free blankie and the additional larger sized blankie they are giving to me for the inconvenience. I'm glad this has worked out for us. Fortunately I'm still really excited about the seat despite all the set-backs.

cchavez
01-03-2004, 12:49 PM
REally happy w/ my covers4kids cart cover. The price was great and it got here very quickly.

slecompte
01-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Another vote for covers4kids!!! It is great. I was worried that the padding wasn't enough from what I read from some others, but it is perfect, I would not have liked the Buggy Bagg--and I didn't want to spend $70+ for that or Snazzy. Trust me, I couldn't make up my mind for weeks on what to get, and I am really happy now!! I got the little zoo print and it is cute!

Sheila
DD- Molly 05/08/03

sntm
01-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Yay! there's the kristie y'all rave about. she emailed me with some other suggestions (a patchwork blanket or bib in my fabric) so I went for the bib. Also, FYI, she is putting a video on how to fold the cover on the website.

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, Linda!

shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

DDowning
01-05-2004, 04:31 PM
Mine arrived today this morning through FedEx (grrr....what a hassle, I think I'll stick with UPS). I love it but the only dissappointing thing is that the fabric pattern is stitched the wrong way. I ordered the Navy Cruiser fabric (very much like the tan cruiser fabric on the site now). The cars on the blankie (which is more like a burpcloth in size) go right to left like a shirt looks, however the cars on the shopping cart cover face North/South, so that if your baby is sitting in the cart, the cars are going up/down not horizontal like they should - it just doesn't look right. I called Kristie and told her about it and she agreed that the print direction is incorrect. She said, go ahead and use it for now; she's going to a fabric wholesaler this weekend to see if she can find the same pattern and if so she'll make me a new one. She mentioned that they just put new fabric selections on the site last night and to see if there's anything there online that interests me. Now that I see the Navy cruiser fabric in person, with its beach theme and California signs, I'm pretty hardpressed to favor any of the new ones on the site as they tend to be more feminine. I hope she can find the same pattern!

She also mentioned that beginning in February, she is contracting with a sewing house here in California so that she can have a better handle on sewing/quality issues like this. This also should help resolve some of the shipping issues people were having.

luvtoshop
01-06-2004, 03:39 AM
I love my Buggy Bagg. The pattern is black/white gingham and it looks sorta "Grannyish" but I don't care, it keeps my dd clean and it really helped her stay snug in a cart or high chair when she was younger. We use it all the time. I bought it before I saw the adorable fabric at Snazzy. I would LOVE a sushi print cover!

cdlamis
01-06-2004, 02:44 PM
I had the Buggy Bag and loved it. It was SO easy to put into the cart and carry like a bag. I didn't think it was too padded but thats just me. My only gripe was that I couldn't fit it into a highchair- maybe because DD is a big baby.

So, I sold it and bought a SnazzyBaby. I love the patterns and the chenille of the Snazzy. I haven't used it yet but can already tell that it will be harder to fold up and carry. With the BB, I just picked it up by the handles and it stayed in tact pretty well- by this I mean it wasn't flopping over everywhere. probably because its more padded than the Snazyy. I loved that feature of the BB. With the Snazzy, I can tell that it will take a little longer to get it folded into a size that I can carry.

To me, the looks of the Snazzy are worth the little extra work it will take to use it! I bought the Rasberry with pink chenille backing.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b35d0802848f *December pictures

ga_mom2be
01-06-2004, 04:51 PM
I'm going to get this one.... http://kirstensgi12095.goeserv.com/images/newcleanshopper/Shopping_Cart_Cover_Clean_Shopper_Baby_Shopping_Ca rt_Covers.htm

I like the Denim one.