PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide: Bubblegum bag or ISM??

blnony
01-01-2004, 02:52 PM
After 16 months and four diaper bags; I still haven't found one that I really like or is very functional for me.
I like the tote; and I like both of these bags but I've never seen either IRL.
Are there pros and cons to these two? I want something with enough dividers/pockets to be able to find stuff! :)
Help! I'm trapped!! i don't know which one to go with?
TIA!!

kathsmom
01-02-2004, 12:54 AM
Brianna,

Are you still using CD's at all? If not, I have found that I really like the Lands' End Little Tripper. Not the newest one that everyone likes, but the other one on the website that has 2 handles and a removable shoulder strap. It is $19.50. I love my Baby Trend Activpak, but since Andrew hates to be gone for long periods of time, and I quit packing everything but the kitchen sink, I don't need anything nearly as large as the Activpak.

I am able to fit a wipes container, 3 size 5 diapers, a sippy cup, burp cloth, bib, 2 ziploc snack size bags with snacks, and a few small toys. I really like how it zips open all the way down the sides so I can see everything. I don't use the shoulder strap. I like carrying it by the handles. I know it's not as fashionable as the 2 you are looking at, but I really like it for it's functionality (and for the price:)).

I have a small Bubblegum bag and it is the purse size, so I can't speak for the room or organization of the larger ones for diaper bags. I don't have an ISM bag either. I don't think you could go wrong with either one, as they seem well made according to other posters who have ordered them.

Good luck with finding something! I know how hard it can be!

Take care!

calebsmama03
01-02-2004, 02:30 PM
I went with bubblegum due to price and fabric selection. I LOVE my bag! I have the medium and though I can fit enough diapers, wipes and mommy essentials in it for a shopping day, I kind of wish I'd gotten the large. It has tons of pockets both inside and out, plus I got a matching cosmetic bag to hold my little things. It's wonderful, and Brannon is terrific to work with! I'd recommend it in a heartbeat!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

liya
01-02-2004, 04:21 PM
Neither..LOL i Had mine made by Tonya Petalama Design(in ebay) she is awsome to work with i have her email on hand. She also makes backpacks(im having her make a burberry type backpack style diaperbag at an awsome price. Her bags are sturdy and absolutely gorgeous(i already own a tote). Great CS she is a tad slow on the emails but she anwsers any questions very precisely. She called me to my home one time because her computer was shot down and she was sick but she was SOOOO kind and very attentive. She works very hard on each bag(aprox 4.5hrs on each) and they are sturdy and i tell you her work is awsome...Im trying to find a picture of my bag..LOL ill edit when i have one.. It holds 2 avent bottles about 6 disposies, my formula dispensor a change of clothes keys, celphone and a toy(this is the tote btw her older version...which was smaller she since made them a tiny bit bigger so those with cloth could also benefit)....

Email her and she makes the bag the dimensions you want them with no problem.(she has standard ones but she can custom make them as well)...

jjj
01-02-2004, 05:37 PM
I have a large I'm Still Me bag and it is my number 1 favorite baby item! I've used it since the spring and it has held up perfectly. I haven't seen a Bubblegum IRL - it would be good to know (maybe someone can post about it)if their fabrics and straps are as heavy duty as the ISM which uses cotton webbing for the straps and canvas for the bottom and lining.
Anyway - be sure you get the right size for what you carry - it's hard to tell the size from a picture. I think ISM still has a picture of the inside of a bag on their website.
As soon as I can justify it, I'm going for a spring backpack! :-)
HTH jj

blnony
01-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Thanks everyone. I appreciate your help.
I decided on the Large ISM Tote in Buffalo Plaid.
I have a Little Tripper and Do It All from Lands End; and I don't really care for either. I also have a Combi backpack (I'm not a BP fan) and a Tote from Babystyle.
As Audrey has gotten older; I just find that with all the little stuff I carry, things just get stuck at the bottom and I can find anything. I'm not CDing anymore; so that isn't really an issue now but I just want to be able to find stuff!! :)
I'll report back on the ISM; I can't wait to get it.

cchavez
01-03-2004, 12:58 PM
Liya, can I have her email. I need a new diaper bag for the Spring but the bubblegum and ISM are not calling my name. I am considering an ella bag but would like to look at the Petalam Designs bags. Thanks.

ginamlee
01-03-2004, 07:09 PM
I found her on eBay:
http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=78220574&ssPageName=L2

TraciG
01-03-2004, 07:12 PM
I love the pockets but I think I could have used more room in the middle of the bag and because the bag is fabric it's VERY hard to clean, I returned a Combi traditional bag now I want to check it out again.