PDA

View Full Version : Best Diaper Bag for airplane travel with baby and toddler

sueprinter
01-03-2004, 01:13 AM
I have a one year old in diapers and a three year old in pull ups, both need sippy cups, snacks, changes of clothes, sweaters and toys for airplane trips. I have a large I'm still me bag which is great for short trips, but is horrible for plane trips since it doesnt zip shut, and doesnt hold nearly enough stuff. I dont like back packs, I much rather have a tote/messenger bag with shoulder straps so I can have easier access to the bag. An outside pocket for my stuff and/or the bording pass would be great. Price is not really that much of a consideration, just really need something to meet our needs pretty quick for upcoming trip, that will be easy to carry. Any suggestions?

jesseandgrace
01-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Hi. I don't know where you live, but I have an Oilily diaper bag that is ideal for the airplane. I think you can only get Oilily at the stores - we have two in Boston and I know there are other stores scattered about the country. It is also just a really nice bag. I saw a cute diaper bag on lesportsac.com under something like misc. bags. I don't know how big it is, but I know it would be a good material for travel - nice and light.

ginamlee
01-03-2004, 07:14 PM
For airplane travel, I like the Lands End Do It All DELUXE (not the regular). It is nice and big; I often used it for baby's luggage.

newmomnyc
01-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Hi-- I'm looking for something similar, and I'm trying to decide between the One Step Ahead backpack and the Land's End Deluxe backpack. If anyone has seen both of these I'd love a review. Thanks!

sarsah
01-04-2004, 11:28 PM
My favorite airplane travel diaper bag is the LeSportSac baby bag. http://www.lesportsac.com/store/7528_5202.html I got mine for around $25 at TJ Maxx or Marshalls and love, love, love it for airplane travel.

It has one outside pocket on each side (one is larger and closes with velcro, the other has a zipper). There is also a large pocket which holds the changing pad and is great to slip your boarding pass in and two bottle/sippy cup pockets, one on each end of the bag. The center compartment is very roomy and the bag has both a shoulder strap and handles.

Sarah.....Jason & Devin's Mommy