PDA

View Full Version : Daddy Diaper Bag for Toddler and Newborn

wendygrace
01-03-2004, 10:46 PM
Help! I don't know where to start but just realized that our current hospital given diaper bags are just not going to cut it for a toddler and a newborn so I need some suggestions. My dh is a sahd so he will be using it most often for short runs but also to long trecks to the doctor's office. I will be breastfeeding the newborn and the toddler is in sippy cups and jars of baby food. We still bring extra clothes for our messy toddler and he's attached to a blankie which will need to go in there too. As well as toys for both kiddos. Oh and we cloth diaper so I suppose this bag is going to need to be huge! Anyone have any ideas? TIA

amp
01-08-2004, 03:38 PM
I am still in search of the perfect diaper bag. I have one that's too big and one that's too small. DH likes both of them, though, since they are not babyish. They are both the Eddie Bauer diaper bags you can buy at Target. You can also get a different but similar style of these at BRU and through Eddie Bauer. They are like a canvas/nylon type material (I don't know what it really is) and you can get them in blue, black or green. They seem fairly sturdy too. Like I said though, I find the small one to be just a bit too small, but the large if pretty big and makes me feel like I'm carrying a suitcase! I'm pleased with their appearance more than anything.

Melanie
01-08-2004, 04:22 PM
What about the big Land's End bag?
I don't see it on their website anymore, but they're on eBay a lot.

Lynnie
01-09-2004, 10:34 AM
I got a kenneth cole reaction bag (two of them actually...) from a children's consignment store in my area, and my husband loves them both. they are dark/chocolate brown, and made out of a sturdy vinyl, with good pockets and compartments. one is more of a tall tote, and doesn't zip close, so we use that for short weekend trips. they were in great condition, and very very cheap - i think i got them both for under $20. The other actually had the outside pocket fall apart when grandma washed it in the washing machine, and then i happened upon another almost identical one, but in black, at another second hand store for 7.50. I am going to get a prettier one for me (as a treat since i am expecting babyboy#2 in april) but the kenneth cole ones were great for my husband, and he never felt uncomfortable carrying them. good luck !

Calmegja2
01-09-2004, 10:43 AM
My DH far and away prefers to carry our Diaper Dude bag when he's with the kiddos.

You can get it at Babystyle.com....