PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to get the vinyl lining and a few other q's about the ella bags

cchavez
01-06-2004, 01:52 PM
I really want to get the black toile w/ gigham inside, black twill and monogram. Since this bag will be my everyday bag I think I will get the Caroline. The Elaine might be too big??? What do you think??? I have been using my Little Tripper lately and this will replace my LT for the spring...kind of like a combo diaper bag/purse.

Anyway, I think this bag is very classic so how would it look w/ vinyl lining? I have a fabric diaperbag that is all covered in vinyl and that looks ok but I don't know how it would look w/ just the insides covered???

Any thoughts? I have attached a pic of the fabric combinations but the bag pictures is the anna not caroline or elaine. Thanks.

blnony
01-06-2004, 02:09 PM
I don't think I'm going to get the vinyl lined. I've never had a problem with stuff spilling in my bags, and I just don't like the feel of it.

I measured the bag I'm currently using and its about the size of the Elaine, maybe just a little smaller, and its about the right size. I've noticed that even for an everyday bag, I like having a little extra room because Audrey is at the age (toddler) where I have to have a sippy, snacks, toys, diapers, wipes, books etc. ALso, I like to put my things in it as well.

I really like the design you chose though. Very classic looking.

Momof3Labs
01-06-2004, 04:34 PM
I've never needed the vinyl either. And I also want an Elaine, partially because it is a good size, but also because the base isn't too small. Some of the bags taper so much that I'm not sure how well they would function as a diaper bag.

Just looked at the Caroline design - will 10" be tall enough? Once you get a wipes container, bottle/sippy, diapers, etc in there - will you be able to close it?

emmiem
01-06-2004, 04:39 PM
Does anybody have any idea how the backpack will work for the diaper bag? Is it big enough for a older infant or toddler?

I like the Roman Glass or the Sacchon material. Is that flowers in the Sacchon?
Michele

houseof3boys
01-06-2004, 05:02 PM
I think it's flowers. It is asian-esque. When I first saw it at a glance it was like a geisha abstract print. Call me crazy!

I keep going back to the Roman Glass too!

Aimee did say that the pockets in the diaper bag are the same as the others just taller. I don't know how it would be with a toddler. Ask her opinion, she has a baby herself so she is savvy about the mommy stuff we all have to carry!