PDA

View Full Version : Post your Ella bag designs here!

Momof3Labs
01-06-2004, 06:32 PM
If you know what you want (or have a good idea that you don't plan to order), post it here! I could use some inspiration! Of course, if you don't want to share your design, that's okay too, but it's fun to see what everyone else picks out!

blnony
01-06-2004, 07:04 PM
I'm sorry I can't give much inspiration...I've been driving myself crazy trying to decide.
I really really like the Paris Print but I just can't decide what other fabric looks good with it.
I also think I may get a boring one....:) (I'm sure my DH will be glad for that idea....;) ) The blue/yellow cabana with light denium and matching yellow trim and inside.
But I want a funky one too..but I'm such a chicken!

ginamlee
01-06-2004, 07:14 PM
I'm going for the Lily size. I have a bag about the size of the Elaine and it is too small. I guess I am a heavy packer.

I want the body of the bag to be Cabana Stripe Ocean and would like the stripes to go horizontally.

I want the bottom of the bag to be Roman Glass Stone.

I'd like to have the prints separated by a matching khaki tan Custom Band and also have a khaki tan inside. I'd like my strap to be 2 sided. I'd like the khaki tan on one side and Roman Glass Stone on the other.

Options and accessories I'm going for:
button loop closure
additional pockets - all with elastic
key loop
changing pad with vinyl - Cabana Stripe Ocean with the stripes going the length of the pad
ditty bag - Roman Glass Stone
paci pouch - Roman Glass Stone

I checked with Aimee, and she said that the Cabana Stripe Ocean and Roman Glass Stone do coordinate well.

cchavez
01-06-2004, 07:54 PM
Not very original but I love the look.....

Black Central Park Black tolie, black gingham inside, black twill bottom and black gingham ribbon

I know I want a monogram but can't decide if I should get just one letter "C" or three....three would look better on a larger bag (I am probably getting the Elaine)...but does "CCG" look weird.

I am going to get the button/loop closure, extra pockets, key loop and changing pad.

Picture of fabric choices attached.

LD92599
01-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Here's what I am thinking about:

Backpack Style
Keyloop
PaciBag
Changing Pad
Xtra Interfacing
Addt'l Pockets

Dark Ultra Suede Bottom *or* denim
Red Twill or Red Cabana Stripe for the upper
something light for the interior, either red gingham or a stripe

Not sure about the vinyl inside...I probably should do it ~ but will that add a lot of bulk and weight?

I'd love a burberry-type plaid for the outside though...I wonder if she'll have this in when she posts new fabrics. Petaluma has the burberry-type...but Ella seems to be more customizable at a better price.

Both of my strollers are red...and I love red...

Laura
mom to William

houseof3boys
01-06-2004, 09:35 PM
Gina that sounds great. She mentioned that you had placed your order today. I like the two sided straps and might do that too!

How on earth did you decide on all of this already!!?!?!?! :)

bluej
01-06-2004, 09:38 PM
I'm going for a more conservative look (this time around).

Elaine
light ultra suede top
red cabana bottom and inside
Red 'B' monogram

extra pockets
changing pad
make up case (to function as my mini purse...money, lipstick, etc)
key loop

I think that's it, but don't hold me to it!

ginamlee
01-06-2004, 10:34 PM
That Red Cabana Stripe was REALLY drawing me, too. But, I decided on the lighter spring/summer colors for this bag. Maybe she'll continue to do this for us if we send enough referrals and I can get something with that fabric for fall... Hmmm...

(I told her to PLEASE include business cards with my order. I am constantly stopped about my bags and slings!)

houseof3boys
01-06-2004, 10:42 PM
She will do it again. She already mentioned that when we started having so much interest when I kept emailing her with so many questions. I am emailing her tomorrow morning with additional names with emails that are interested (the ones that emailed or posted today) and then it will be the cut off for this go around at 5 PM. It seems feasible to do this every 2 months and we'll probably just keep the main Baby Bargains account and then do a sign up with deadline again and have 30 days to order.

Just another excuse to have a bag for every season. :)

houseof3boys
01-06-2004, 10:44 PM
I think that sounds really nice Jen. What about the straps? You could do the cabana on that or just a plain red?

blnony
01-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Okay...honest opinions. Is this too loud?
Here is my idea...

Elaine tote with tie closure

Top body in Paris Cream print - Hot pink solid band - very stripe watermelon bottom. Hot pink solid inside - stripe - or Paris print? and pink straps?

I'm adding three extra pockets with elastic tops; key loop; and maybe a striped changing pad to match?

Momof3Labs
01-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Is she posting more fabrics on Jan 20? I thought that the spring fabrics were the new fabrics for 1/20? Will there be more to pick from??

houseof3boys
01-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Nothing new will be added, they will just be available after 1/20. So, if you choose from those fabrics I would imagine she can't start on your bag until she gets them in on the 20th.

houseof3boys
01-06-2004, 11:02 PM
I think solid pink interior since the others might be too busy to find stuff inside the bag. What about the straps hot pink on one side and the paris print on the other?

Momof3Labs
01-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Okay, I've decided. No matter what I look at, I keep on coming back to the Rocket Rascals. And I love the one she has on her diaper bag page. So this will be it!

http://ella-bags.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/red%20rocket%20rascals%2002.jpg

I'm going with the Elaine, and think that I'll add the paci pouch, makeup case and additional 3 pockets, and want the button top closure. I was going to order one for myself and my mom, too, but will wait until I see everyone else's designs - especially since she says that she'll do the discount again!

bluej
01-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Crap! I overlooked the straps! Hmmm, ultra suede on the outer side and cabana stripe on the inside? I'm going to have to visualize this for awhile now! Which reminds me, I need to measure to see how long/short I want my straps. This customizing is a LOT of work!

blnony
01-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Lori-
That is too cute. I really like it a lot.

This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. It sounds fun...but then it turns into panic almost...which is crazy..I don't know why I'm so worried about it!! :D

Edited to add: it may be b/c I've been on the computer so much today because our heater downstairs is broken and Audrey and I have had to be couped up in the upstairs all day and I need a simple thing to worry about instead of freezing to death! ;)

khakismom
01-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Debbi, when is the deadline to order our bags this time around? Thanks! :)

houseof3boys
01-06-2004, 11:54 PM
You have 30 days to order because your name is already submitted to her. The deadline to submit names is tomorrow (Wednesday) at 5 PM EST.

kathsmom
01-06-2004, 11:58 PM
I am interested in the Flora bag, since it seems to be about the same size as a Little Tripper. I love the one she has on the website that is in sage green toile with a pink/green striped interior. I think that pattern might be too girly, but I love the shape of the bag.

Is anyone else interested in the Flora bag? Or am I the only one? I really don't need a huge bag, since Andrew hates to be out for a long periods of time. I was considering the Caroline, but someone posted that they thought it might not be tall enought, which would be a concern of mine.

As far as fabrics, I love the farm print one (I think it's called Ollie and me), as well as the Rocket Rascals. I was thinking of getting blue gingham for the body of the bag, denim for the bottom, blue gingham on the inside and straps of denim. I wonder if she could do just one shoulder strap, because I just don't like 2 straps. I would get the key loop and paci pouch. I am thinking of getting a changing pad as well. DH is going to shoot me!

firsttimemommy
01-07-2004, 01:42 AM
Wow, everyone has GREAT designs! Makes me want more than one! I have some ideas for a fall bag now!! Here is what I have so far - I managed to narrow it down quite a bit, but still have a few decisions to make :)

Style:
Elaine or Lily (need to measure my current one that is just a bit too small) with button or snap closure

Bottom:
Dark Denim (for sure)

The Rest :
Top pink twill with paisley custom made band (if possible) between pink and denim, denim and paisley strap, interior pink
OR
Top in very stripe watermelon with pink piping, denim and pink straps, interior pink

Extras:
the paci pouch OR small makeup bag in paisley or very stripe

I'll look at it again tomorrow to see if one of the combos looks better then - right now I am leaning towards the first one.

Ronda
Mommy to Jenna born 1/10/03
and Jacob due 4/28/04

cchavez
01-07-2004, 09:30 AM
I wasn't thinking about the flora but the caroline which is smaller than the Elaine. DS also does not long to be out long but now I am thinking I will probably get the Elaine....he is getting older and it can only get better right??? How old is your DS?

Calmegja2
01-07-2004, 10:19 AM
I have to say, after perusing that page for about an hour, that I really, really like the toile backpack without the feathers.

I swear, I never liked toile, but after I got the toile Zolo, I have a whole new appreciation for it, and that backpack is just elegant.

nitaghei
01-07-2004, 10:37 AM
I still need to add my name to the list - but this was what I was thinking about:
Elaine bag; extra pockets; key loop; possibly paci pouch

Body: Geo Squares - Black
Base: black twill
Custom band - hot pink to divide base and body
Interior - Hot pink circles
Strap: Geo squares black / hot pink.

This is a major departure from my usual minimalist look!! :) But at least it isn't a lot of money.

Please reassure me that it isn't too much!! SOMEONE???!!

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

nitaghei
01-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Debbi,

I'm emailing you, too - but my emails have often got lost. So could you please add me to the list?!!
Nita, email is obedcocker @ yahoo.com (delete spaces, of course!!)

I swear - I dreamed about these bags last night - during the 45 minutes DS let me sleep.

Thanks!

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03

houseof3boys
01-07-2004, 10:51 AM
NIta I had dreams of the bag too! I just can't decide which one. :)

houseof3boys
01-07-2004, 10:54 AM
I'm doing Geo Squares too but I'm still deciding on the rest. I THINK I am going with red where you chose pink but the rest is the same except I might do red inside since the b/w circles are on back order.

Good choice Nita!!!!!!!

cchavez
01-07-2004, 11:08 AM
That sounds great! But if you wanted to do "less" you could get solid pink inside. hth

nitaghei
01-07-2004, 11:11 AM
I was debating between the red and hot pink. And I looked very closely at the b/w circles!! :) Are you thinking of a solid red interior?

The weird thing is - I usually detest pink and circles. But hot pink is a whole different color, right? ;) I've been feeling so drab and down, that hot pink might be the shot I need!

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03

blnony
01-07-2004, 12:02 PM
I dreamed about these bags too!!! I've got to this order done so I will stop obessing!! :D

heidi_timms
01-07-2004, 12:18 PM
Man I'm having such a hard time deciding. So far, I like the watermelon stripe fabric and the two paisley patterns in the spring collection (not together LOL-one of these as a main bag fabric). I have having a hard time visualizing a bag though with trims and inside and outside colors. Any ideas?

I like hip/trendy stuff. The watermelon stripe reminds me of the Fleurville Mothership which I love the fabric, but hate the size. I think that I'm getting the Elaine, but I'm going to have to get the measuring tape out.

I am definitely getting a changing pad, but I'm having a hard time deciding on whether to add plastic to the pad. With the plastic that would bring the changing pad up to $19! That seems sort of expensive for just a pad.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

cchavez
01-07-2004, 12:26 PM
That is very expensive for a changing pad...so I am not going to add the vinyl.

cvharris
01-07-2004, 12:27 PM
For some reason, the girls with kitties print is calling my name, even though I have a boy and I'm allergic to cats. :) I think DH would die if I got that one, though.

I really like the black/white circles, too. It is really tough to decide.

blnony
01-07-2004, 12:54 PM
Finally....I made a decision. I just placed my order.
Aimee was so sweet and had some great ideas.

I went with:

Elaine tote (which is 6" deep/ not 4" as it says in one place on the site)

Extra Pockets with Elastic

Key Loop

Small Make Up Case

And a tear away snap on the straps so they can "lock together" when I have the bag on my shoulder

I didn't get the changing pad; I don't need it with the age Audrey is right now and I figured I could always get a solid colored one later if I wanted to.

I went with the Paris in Spring time print on the top; hot pink band; then black twill bottom. Hot pink inner and tie closure. The straps are Paris print on outside and hot pink on the inside.
The hot pink is a little "redder" than pinker, if that makes sense.

Also, you get free shipping if your order is over $35!!

Woo hoo!! Only $44 for the entire thing. I'm so impressed, I can't wait to see it!!!

Thanks Debbi for getting this ball rolling.

Melanie
01-07-2004, 01:10 PM
I love all the ones you're doing.

I am getting the lily. I have this thing about my bag not appearing to be stuffed full, and the elaine is the size of my SS, which is stuffed full and looks it. So I figure I can fit the same amount, but it won't look that way. :P

Top exterior:
http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/ellabags/EB039.jpg

piping:
http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/ellabags/EB022.jpg
(she said it matches...)

Bottom & inside:
http://www.sewingfabrics.com/home/images/swatches/A897.250x250_thumb.gif
(it turns out that the red wouldn't match)

I got the changing pad with vinyl (I know it seems pricey, but I know I'd miss it otherwise) in the cream dragonflies and the red cabana.

I also got the extra three pockets and a button/loop closure.

She was so nice to talk to. I think we're bombarding her today...LOL.

Three week turnaround sounds not bad considering how many orders she's getting. I'm excited!

papal
01-07-2004, 01:19 PM
Nita.. that sounds lovely!! i was going to go with the geo-squares too but since we live in the same town and might meet and then have same bags i will go with my other first choice.. the cameo topsy turvy backpack . :)
i like your idea of doing something so different on the inside.. i think i will be brave and follow suit.
i really liked rocket rascals but someone rightly mentioned that spring means khakis and whites for clothes so i decided to go with the cameo topsy turvy instead. it pretty much would match anything solid.
arrrrghh... too many accessory decisions!

ginamlee
01-07-2004, 01:36 PM
I placed mine, too.

Build Your Own Bag $30.00
Lily Upgrade $10.00
Add Pockets (diaper bag) $3.00
Add Key Loop $1.00
Changing Pad $12.00
Vinyl to Pad $7.00
Ditty Bag $10.00
Paci Pouch $6.50
Total: $79.50

I think it is a great price for all that I am getting! I'm so excited!!!

liya
01-07-2004, 01:52 PM
i like the green...LOL with that dragon fly....:)

cinrein
01-07-2004, 01:53 PM
Gina,

What fabrics did you end up getting?

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

blnony
01-07-2004, 01:59 PM
I like the red with the dragonfly print. You could go with a tan band and tan twill inner that matches the print if you'd like a stiffer fabric inside. I like red a lot; so take my opinion with a grain of salt! :D I just think it looks more summer-like.

cinrein
01-07-2004, 02:07 PM
I like both--it really depends on how much you want the bag to "pop". Maybe the green with a red band?

If you got the plastic lining inside the bag, wouldn't that make it stiffer?

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

ginamlee
01-07-2004, 02:10 PM
For the body, I went with Cabana Stripe Ocean. The stripes will go horizontally.

The bottom of the bag is Roman Glass Stone.

The prints are separated by a matching khaki tan Custom Band and the bag will have a khaki tan inside. The straps are two sided: khaki tan on one side and Roman Glass Stone on the other.

My changing pad will be Cabana Stripe Ocean with the stripes going the length of the pad. The ditty bag and paci pouch will be Roman Glass Stone.

Aimee said that she is very excited to see how it turns out. She compared the fabrics and they do coordinate very well. She also said that the Roman Glass Stone is turning out to be a pretty popular fabric.

I think everyone should post photos once their bag arrives!

cinrein
01-07-2004, 02:37 PM
It sounds so pretty! I'm liking the Roman Glass Stone too.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

cvharris
01-07-2004, 03:22 PM
What about the red cabana stripe for the bottom (going horizontally)? On the diaper page, she has a small diaper bag with the topsy turvy print and a red cabana stripe bottom that is very cute!

Melanie
01-07-2004, 04:02 PM
That sounds gorgeous.

We all must post photos when we get them!

I'm excited. This sounds like a good quality bag for a good price. I was sharing a concern with her that I had about picking a lightweight fabric for the interior and she said they interface both the exterior and interior of their bags. Plus if you want, you could add extra interfacing, although I didn't.

cvharris
01-07-2004, 04:04 PM
I chose the Lily bag in Kiwi Sky Pink stripe (going vertical) with a dark denim bottom and a matching iris colored ribbon. Inside will be solid iris.

The Elaine is similar in size to the regular ISM bag I have. I find that I need a little more depth in that bag, so I went with the Lily. I added the extra interfacing, additional pockets, and key loop. I got 28" straps - same as my ISM bag, enough so I can comfortably get by elbow out of it. I chose a magnetic snap closure.

Total came to $49, $40 for the Lily, $5 for the extra interfacing, $3 for the add'l pockets and $1 for the key loop.

I thought the changing pad would be too small for us so I'm going to use one I already have. I'm still thinking about maybe getting the ditty bag.

cchavez
01-07-2004, 04:11 PM
You know I am debating about the changing pad. I hardly ever carry mine. I leave one in the car and I have a few extra that I can probably use and that are black....plus they make those disposable Huggies ones now....

blnony
01-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Melanie-
What fabrics did you end up choosing?

firsttimemommy
01-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Okay, I was feeling pretty good about my choice until I read all of yours!!!! I am the queen of indecisiveness anyway, so tell me what you think:

OPTION ONE:
BOTTOM: Dark Denim
TOP: Pink Twill
CUSTOM BAND: Very Stripe Watermelon OR Paisley (under patterns/prints section)
INTERIOR: pink twill
STRAPS: denim and custom band color

OPTION TWO:
BOTTOM: Dark Denim
TOP: Very STripe Watermelon horizonally
CUSTOM BAND: pink twill
INTERIOR: pink twill
STRAPS: denim and pink twill

OPTION 3:
BOTTOM: Black twill
TOP: Dragonfly Green
CUSTOM BAND: Red twill
INTERIOR: Red twill
STRAPS: Black and red twill

OPTION 4:
BOTTOM: Black twill
TOP: Pink Twill
CUSTOM BAND: Black Geo Squares
INTERIOR: Pink Twill
STRAPS: black twill and black geo squares

Are options 3 and 4 too "fallish"?

I am getting the paci pouch OR the small make up bag, the key loop and the snap closure on the straps. Either button or snap closure to bag (which is better???)

I tried to cut and paste the fabs, but it wouldn't work!

Thanks for your help!

Ronda
Mommy to Jenna born 1/10/03
and Jacob due 4/28/04

cchavez
01-07-2004, 04:47 PM
That looks great!

cchavez
01-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Ronda, they all sound nice but I like 1,2 and 3 more than 4. If you go w/ a twill top you might want to consider a monogram in contrasting color?

cvharris
01-07-2004, 04:52 PM
I like Option 2 the best. I think the colors of the watermelon stripes would look great with dark denim.

As for the closures, button/loop would give you more room than snap. It allows the top of the bag to be more open.

papal
01-07-2004, 05:26 PM
I haven't placed my order yet..but here is what Aimee and I have come up with.. i am not very bold so the topsy turvy is pretty courageous for me!
PLEASE let me know what you think!

Backpack style bag: $45
Main fabric : topsy turvy cameo
Bottom: Dark Ultrasuede
Trim: Light sage piping
Interior :Light sage (should i get something more fun??)
Options:
Extra pockets $3
Key loop $1

Total so far: $49 (i am trying to stick to my $50 budget)

Thinking about getting outside pockets as well. $8
I will use my LE changing pad as it is bigger than the one she offers as someone pointed out. I would have liked a matching roll-up changing pad but for now I will stick with the LE one.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1861.jpg

khakismom
01-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Melanie, I think your bag is going to be gorgeous!! I love the fabrics you have picked out! I am still trying to decide--you gals are way too fast for me. :)

ginamlee
01-07-2004, 05:40 PM
I like option 2 the best for a spring/summer bag. :)

Lynnie
01-07-2004, 05:50 PM
what is the website ?? .... i may want to jump on the bandwagon, too, and only have a few minutes before the five o'clock deadline (unless i misread something as i was scrolling down...)

blnony
01-07-2004, 06:01 PM
www.ella-bags.com

you need to sign in or make an account and sign up for the newsletter. Our group for the discount is baby bargains.
If you email her and let her know you want to be a part, I'm sure that would work.

khakismom
01-07-2004, 06:09 PM
I am still way undecided. I love stripes and am digging Cabana Stripe Sky, but what color ostrich trim would you get? Sage? Also, what do you think goes well with this fabric?

(I love this stripe so much I almost bought it in a shower curtain! How sad am I?... :))

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1862.jpg

Momof3Labs
01-07-2004, 06:12 PM
I LOVE the topsy turvy cameo with the sage trim - your bag will be just fantastic!!

blnony
01-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Maureen-
If you call Aimee; she has great recommendations. I think she has the advantage having the fabric right there, and she was so sweet and helpful when I couldn't make up my mind too.

brittone2
01-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Okay girls...

First of all, I don't even know what size I want to get...I'm due in February w/ our first. So far I have a LE new little tripper, and just ordered the DIA (classic, not the new one) as well. THese are my ever-so-practical bags. I figure they will work in terms of a smaller bag for shorter outings and a big bag for longer outings (and I tend to overpack). I want a fun bag though too!!! :)

BTDT moms...should I go with a "medium" sized bag between these two? What would work well...should I go w/ an Elaine or stick w/ a Lily since I'll be an overpacker expecially in the beginning?

Also, our Inglesina Zippy stroller is the FN6 color, which is olive green with a "smokey turquoise" trim (like the "dusty turquoise" shown on the LE website. That's the easiest way to explain it. Not bright at all, not dark blue/navy either).

I don't know if it is new mom dorkiness or not, but I want the bag to
*somewhat* match the stroller (at least not clash!!!), but I have no idea what to go with! My stroller is sort of "modern" looking I guess, so I want a fun bag to go with it.

Here are some of my ideas...

1. Roman glass stone upper w/ dark denim bottom and a band of some color
2. Kiwi stripe top (if it didn't clash w/ olive...I'd need a swatch I guess) and denim bottom (again, w/ some band)
3. Cabana stripe ocean w/ denim bottom and a band of some type...

I can't even get to the point of worrying about interiors yet, but I'd probably go w/ something lighter in color and solid.

Did any of you request a swatch? I'm not sure if Aimee can even do this. If not, I guess I'll call her and get her input as far as what would not totally clash with the olive (I think it is hard to tell w/ a lot of the greens on her website...I'm not sure how bright they are...like the kiwi stripe for example).

Thanks for any advice...:)

Beth

cvharris
01-07-2004, 08:01 PM
I went to the Inglesina website and took a look at your stroller. I think the roman glass stone looks like it has the same olive color in the background, so if you're trying to match your stroller, I think that is the best choice. Your stroller has some black in it, too, right? So you might consider black for the bottom.

Hard to tell with the kiwi or cabana stripe ocean in terms of matching the stroller. These were the two I considered b/c I like stripes and they are very springy. Your stroller looks more fall colored to me with the olive. I got the kiwi and she said it was a bright lime green, accented with light blue and periwinkle, light pink and burgundy, and cream. I love lime green with dark denim.

Another thought, the topsy turvy sage also looks like it matches, if that's your style.

I would send Aimee and e-mail with the stroller picture and see if she has any ideas? And you can ask her about the swatches.

LD92599
01-07-2004, 11:09 PM
Here's what I ordered:

Backpack in Burberry Nova plaid (it's on order!)
Small Makeup Back
Vinyl Inside
PaciBag
Changing Pad
Extra Pockets

Can't wait...I'll post a pic when I get it!

Laura
mom to William

brittone2
01-07-2004, 11:26 PM
CV Harris-
Thanks for the suggestions. I think some may be too limey. I emailed Aimee and she said she has several fabrics that have olivey colors in them, she's going to look and then let me know. Swatches are 1.00 per 4 inchx4inch swatch including shipping, so I asked her to pick out a few that she thought might match.

The inglesina website doesn't do a good job depicting the olive color on their site unfortunately. It looks almost grayish on most people's monitors. It is much more olive than it looks on there, which makes it tougher to match. There is black, but that is pretty much just the basket. The trim is blue around the canopy and on the napper bar. So it makes it tough to give Aimee a good idea, unless I can get a good pic w/ the digitial camera of the stroller color. If she can find a few swatches for me, that would help tremendously. She's getting back to me tomorrow w/ more info.

Thanks for looking for me!! I appreicate it:)

Beth

khakismom
01-07-2004, 11:44 PM
Laura, she has the Burberry plaid too? I didn't see it on her web site. If this is true, then all bets are off and I'm getting my backpack in this fabric! :)

Thanks!

houseof3boys
01-07-2004, 11:57 PM
You guys are so funny. I am frantically packing to go out of town until next week and I'm not going to get a chance to obsess (I mean choose my fabric) and order before I leave. It is way too hard of a choice!!! I might get two of them, especially with the burberry option now.

I'll have to catch up with all of these great design ideas when I get back next week I guess. This has been very exciting and I hope we all love our bags!!!!!

:)

LD92599
01-08-2004, 12:10 AM
It's not on the website...I emailed her telling her what I'd *like" and she emailed back saying she'd just ordered a few yards of it! YEAH!!!!

I'm not into whimsical prints...more "classic" stuff so this'll fit the bill for me!

Laura
mom to William

Melanie
01-08-2004, 12:13 AM
The red twill doesn't match the dragonfly...she said the shades are different.

Also, on the website it showed $5 to add vinyl to the changing pad, so that's the price I got. She said whatever she was looking at had a typo.

Melanie
01-08-2004, 12:34 AM
Is that the lighter-blue burberry? ooh...I like that!

Melanie
01-08-2004, 12:40 AM
Maureen, I like those stripes. Take this with a grain of totally-non-trendy-up-to-date-with-latest-styles grain of salt, but...

I'd get the stripes vertical with a solid to match the periwinkle or lighter green (or pink if you like pink). Ostrich trim...what about the mardi gras? I like her example where the trim matches the interior. In any case, just not the same color as the bottom. I would definitely has Aimee her opinion. She answered my questions in email a few times before I decided and called her.

cchavez
01-08-2004, 11:42 AM
That is a beautiful bag! I wouldn't change a thing.

missliss55
01-08-2004, 03:23 PM
I am so excited to get a new bag but am totally overwhelemed as to what fabrics to choose. I want something fun but not too crazy. Aaahhh! Maybe a toile. Help! Does anyone have any suggestions.

Melissa and Emma (4/16/03)

cuca_
01-08-2004, 03:57 PM
Ok, so I am thinking of two possible combinations, and just e-mailed Aimee about them to make sure they match, aren't too too busy, etc... I would appreciate any opinions about these, as I am having a bit of trouble picturing the final product. Here are my two options:

Option 1-

Pink Sky wine stripe for the body of the bag
Black twill for the bottom
Fashion girls black pastel for the piping and the lining

Option 2-

Sky Pink Red Stripe for the body of the bag
red twill for the bottom
sky pink paisley for the piping and the lining

I don't know if I am considering using too many fabrics. I like simple things in general, but I think the colors above would be nice and springy. I wear a lot of black, but I also wear some red, and I am not overly concerned with matching my wardrobe exactly. I currently have a navy blue and red bag which I love and have survived for 7 months so far with just that, but feel like it would be fun to have something colorful for spring. TIA!!!

Momof3Labs
01-08-2004, 05:34 PM
One thought - piping is very narrow, so the only prints that will probably work well on piping are solids or stripes (vertical). I think that both of those prints are too big for a custom band, too.

JMHO!

Melanie
01-08-2004, 05:50 PM
I really like the sky pink red stripe (combo 2), but I have to agree that either you selected for piping will probably just look like a multi-colored confetti.

Actually I like your #1 combo a lot...I'm just always drawn to blue more than pink.

cuca_
01-08-2004, 07:57 PM
You are both right about the piping. Plus, I Aimee e-mailed me and told me that if I use a designer fabric in the inside it's $15- more, which I don't think its worth it. So now I am thinking of just having a solid interior, although I do like the designer fabrics that I had chosen for the interior, so maybe I could use those for the bottoms. Any ideas?!! How about a solid color band if I end up using the print for the bottom or even if I use a solid. What color would you use? TIA.

sweetbasil
01-09-2004, 01:25 AM
What about either pairing:

Pink Sky wine stripe for the body of the bag
Sky Pink Paisley for the body of the bag (one for the top, one for the bottom)
a Solid Twill custom made band

or

Sky Pink Paisley for the body of the bag
a Solid Twill for the body of the bag (one for the top, one for the bottom)
Pink Sky Wine Stripe for the piping

I think the different colored backgrounds in the two patterns (Pink Sky wine stripe and sky pink paisley) is nice--- where sky pink red stripe has the same background as the sky pink paisley. That was just the first thing that came to mind when I put the swatches side by side on my monitor.

HTH :)

Lynnie
01-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Hey everyone, I need a little help ... I am not sure about all the extras (I got added to the list at the last minute -thanks by the way!!- and am relatively new here) - just wondering if anyone got what her website calls "added stiffness" ?? And, if anyone has a bag, whether that would be needed or not. Also, is the only difference between a diaper bag and not a diaper bag the additional pockets ? I have e-mailed aimee, but don't want to be a pest, and figured that alot of you guys are experts on all this.

I am considering the cabana ocean, maybe with a dark blue or periwinkle somewhere, but some of the ideas on here have been great, and original (like gina's i think...) - would love to see pictures, and i will make sure i live in a different town (or state) before totally plagarizing anyone's idea!

may also get the ollie and me (farm scene) for my preggo sis in law who is doing the nursery with cowgirl accents... what do you guys think would look better, a simple sage trim, or a red gingham ? I guess i could do both, have the gigham on the bottom, and the sage as the dividing trim and inside, and maybe for one side of the straps...

thanks in advance for any input. almost wish i had never discovered this folder on the board, as before, with my first baby, my "obsessions" were limited primarily to strollers and cribs... really don't need any more, but with this and the sling folder, i am hooked. sigh.

lynn

Momof3Labs
01-09-2004, 12:54 PM
I know that someone talked about the extra stiffness on another recent Ella bag thread.

I love the Ollie & Me fabric and think that would be adorble for your SIL! I like the idea of the sage gingham and sage twill to accent it - it won't overwhelm the print, so the print will pop. The red might be too much since most of the colors in the print are watercolor-ish/subdued.

Lynnie
01-09-2004, 01:03 PM
thanks for responding, and for the reassurance !
now, i just need to do this AFTER work....

thanks again, and i will look for that old thread on stiffness

lynn

cuca_
01-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Julie - Thanks for your advice, you are right about the background colors. I hadn't thought about putting them next to each other, I was just trying to visualize it and that certainly did not work! I can't decide now -- too many options. I am now thinking of the Disco Dot flamingo.

chlobo
01-09-2004, 05:47 PM
I am goona go with

dragonfly & ladybug print for the body
Sage green gingham for the lower portion

and I'm still trying to decide about the interior - either -

sage/pink plaid
or
extra-wide green stripe

I'm thinking of getting either a snap or a button. Has anyone had experience with either of these?