PDA

View Full Version : misc. questions regarding Ella bags....again!

cchavez
01-07-2004, 04:55 PM
I figured this would get lost in the other long design post:

Do you know if her bags stand up on their own or is the extra interfacing necessary?

Since Diego will be one in the Spring, this will be more of a toddler tote....do I need the changing pad? As I mentioned I hardly carry mine w/ me (I have one in the car) and I am probably going to buy the Huggies disposable pads.....

Also, Aimee mentioned that since I am short I should get 24 inch straps (I am getting the Elaine)...any other petite women agree??? Thanks.

cvharris
01-07-2004, 05:04 PM
I think the bags stand up on their own. I prefer my bags to be on the stiffer side, so I opted for the extra interfacing. Aimee told me she thought extra interfacing was a good idea on the Lily bag, since it is so tall.

The changing pads are 12" x 20". The one I like from my lands end bag is 30" long. I just didn't think that their changing pad would be big enough, so I didn't get it.

I am 5'5" and I got 28" straps. But I do have wide shoulders and I like my bag to hang lower than most people do - I like my elbow to be free above the bag, if that makes any sense. Do you have a tote bag at home you can try out?

papal
01-07-2004, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the tip on the changing pad.. i have the LE one too and it is much larger than the 12x20. i think i will use my LE pad in the ella-bag even though it does not roll. i wonder if the LE would fit in the backpack style though.. hmmm..

Momof3Labs
01-07-2004, 06:01 PM
I rarely use a changing pad anymore - it's too bulky to carry around. I throw in a receiving blanket instead.

I am 5'4" but plan to get the 26" straps - I have a tote bag with straps that length, and it works well for me.

Melanie
01-08-2004, 12:43 AM
(duh moment) What a freakin' great idea lori! I don't need padding, just size with a toddler. I have a bunch of those thin flannel blankets.

pritchettzoo
01-08-2004, 01:11 AM
I will echo Melanie--what a freakin' great idea! (idea...idea...idea)

I love these boards! I'm going to save $10 and get some more use out of the 5 ba-zillion blankets we've accumulated. Oh, and that just paid for the upgrade to the Lily. Woohoo! Tnanks, Lori!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)