PDA

View Full Version : More Ella bag assistance needed...

khakismom
01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
I have finally narrowed down my gazillion options into two for the two backpacks I am ordering. Opinions are needed please. :)

Ink Spot on top
Central Park Black on bottom
Red Twill interior
Scarlet ostrich trim
Red ribbon closure

AND

Palm Beach on top
Pink Twill on bottom
Baby Blue Twill interior (Aimee will match it for me)
Baby Blue Twill custom band trim
magnetic snap closure

OK, so what do you think? Tremendous thanks!! :)

smomom
01-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Maureen,

I love the first selection. That one sounds so wild and fun! Then again, the second one is nice too....

I don't think you could go wrong with either.

momtoemma
01-09-2004, 06:20 PM
I think these sound like great options! Are you planning to use them more as diaper bags or purses? I'm having trouble visualizing from the measurements whether these backpacks are more like "purse-size" or if they are larger bags? I'm leaning towards the backpack in central park black/white with a black bottom and black gingham ribbon. Just trying to decide if it's too large to use as a purse in which case I"ll probably go for the Caroline tote bag.

Thanks,

cuca_
01-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Maureen - I like both. I would choose the first only because I wear a lot of red and black, I was considering the Ink Spot too and I think it will look good with red. However, the second one would look great too. Very Lily Pulitzer and great for the spring and summer. Could you get both? Can I get some advice too? I am now thinking of two bags (my initial options were way too busy)-

Ink spot
black twill bottom
red or pink custom band trim
red or pink interior

or

Disco dot flamingo
red twill bottom
pink custom band trim
red or pink interior

Sorry to intrude in your thread. :o Anyway, I like both your choices a lot. By the way, the ink spot says its on backorder, any idea when they will get it?

Carmen

khakismom
01-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Thanks guys!! I think I will be getting both. :) I admit I was envisioning Lilly Pulitzer with the Palm Beach fabric, but wasn't sure if it was too "busy". Aimee says that it is the same colors as the Lilly stuff. :)

Carmen, I like both bags you have listed--I think either would be fabulous! I admit I was thinking of pairing the pink with the Ink Spots too. So cute! For the second, you might check with Aimee to make sure that the red bottom would match the disco dots.

I did ask her when the Ink Spot would be in. She wasn't sure, but thought they should know soon. I asked her if I should wait to order and she said that they already had one order in for it, and to go ahead if I liked it, that they would be getting it in. She also said that she wouldn't charge your account/card until the fabric came in.

So many cute ideas! :)