PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Bags Patterns

Alex1276
01-12-2004, 11:30 AM
I have been lurking for some time now. This board is filled with information. I have a question- has anyone ever made their own diaper bag? If so, what pattern did you use?
I love the ISM bags and PPB. I am not a fantastic sewer, but I do have people that could help me out.
TIA,
Alex
Mommy to Philip
10/24/03

bunnisa
01-15-2004, 12:25 AM
I haven't made one yet, but I plan to. I see all the cute bags and think, hey, I could make an even cuter one for a lot less money.

I know all of the major companies have patterns.

Here's a free one: http://www.bundlesoflove.org/diaperpattern.htm

Let me know if you run across a particularly cute pattern!

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric (Wilkes)
6/16/03

egoldber
01-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Honestly, I think the bags like the ISM, Bubblegum and Ella bags would be VERY easy to sew. The question is could you do it for a good price? The fabrics tend to be pretty expensive and by the time you bought a pattern and fabric, you probably could have bought one for the same or less.

But I think that a PPB style bag would be fairly difficult to sew.

HTH,

Alex1276
01-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Simplicity has some really cute diaper bag patterns. They look similiar to ISM. I am going to attempt to make a bag for the Summer. I just have to find the time to start looking for materials! My husband thinks I am crazy. I am trying to explain how diaper bags are like shoes- you can never have enough!

Alex
Mommy to Philip
10/24/03

Alex1276
01-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Simplicity has some really cute diaper bag patterns. They look similiar to ISM. I am going to attempt to make a bag for the Summer. I just have to find the time to start looking for materials! My husband thinks I am crazy. I am trying to explain how diaper bags are like shoes- you can never have enough!

Alex
Mommy to Philip
10/24/03