PDA

View Full Version : Questions about bike trailers and seats

vpalmer
01-13-2004, 10:12 AM
We are looking to purchase a bike trailer or bike seat this spring for DD who will be one year old in June. I have a couple of questions for those of you who own one or both of these products.

1) What brand do you prefer?

2) Are the less expensive trailers or bike seats worth buying?

3) Do you prefer a bike seat or bike trailer

4) At what age did you begin using the seat/trailer? Was your child content while riding?

Thanks so much for your input!

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born on 6-12-03

vpalmer
01-15-2004, 11:27 PM
Bump. Anyone have any input?

Thanks,
Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born on 6-12-03

LoveMyBabyBeans
01-16-2004, 12:16 AM
We have the Chariot Couger 2 Bike Trailer and LOVE it. Everything I read and researched said that trailers are the safest bet. This particular trailer can be converted and used for:
biking
jogging
strolling
cross-country skiing (yes, you read that right)
and hiking

There are few different Cougar models. We chose the Cougar 2 to fit 2 kids.

Here's a link where you can check them out. http://www.chariotcarriers.com/html/main_product/cougar2/specs.html

1) What brand do you prefer? see above

2) Are the less expensive trailers or bike seats worth buying?
We got our cougar, the bike kit and the jogging kit for a total of $425

3) Do you prefer a bike seat or bike trailer
Prefer trailer

4) At what age did you begin using the seat/trailer? Was your child content while riding?
My kids are 3.5 and 1.5, but I think you can start using the trailer with a baby who can sit up well.

I LOVE this trailer/stroller. BTW, lots of people complain about other brand bike trailers saying that they don't make very good joggers and if you plan to use it as a jogger, to just buy a good jogging stroller. Well, this bike trailer, when converted, makes a GREAT jogger.

vpalmer
01-16-2004, 09:28 AM
Kerry,

Thanks so much. I especially like that it converts to a jogger as well. We do a lot of camping and hiking so it would be nice to have a stroller we could use for that purpose. We currently have a Combi stroller which is great for the mall or neighborhood walks but would not be so great for camping and hiking. Thanks for the input.

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born on 6-12-03