PDA

View Full Version : Ella bag order question

momtoemma
01-14-2004, 07:53 PM
For those of you that have ordered Ella bags on the group discount, did you just go to the build-you-own option to place your order or did you do it via e-mail with Aimee? I think I've finally narrowed down my selections and want to get this order in before I change my mind for the 10th time! Also, does anyone know if the bottle bag is insulated?

Thanks!

LD92599
01-14-2004, 08:27 PM
I ordered it via email back and forth w/ Aimme and then called to finalize everything and give my credit card. I found it to cumbersome to use the build-your-own option on the website.

I do not think the bottle bag is insulated, but I'm not positive. I'm thinking about it as something to hold MY drinks for when we're out, as my strollers don't have cup holders (something to hold a Panera or McDs soft drink cup!). I wonder if that would fit?!?

HTH

Laura
mom to William

cchavez
01-14-2004, 08:30 PM
I called in my order. So what did you decide on?

blnony
01-14-2004, 08:42 PM
You won't get the discount if you order through her website. She asked in email that I call to finalize the order, which I also preferred using a CC.
She also has great ideas about designs and can confirm by looking at the materials if they go together well.

momtoemma
01-14-2004, 08:52 PM
Well, I plan to order 2 bags, but right now, I'm trying to narrow it down from 3! I want either the Lily or Elaine in either the Patchwork pink (this is a new sample I found on her website under diaper bags)or the paper doll/dress-up pattern as the main fabrics. I will probably change the bottom of the bag to sage green twill if I go with the patchwork one or maybe denim if I choose the paper doll fabric. What do you think? As my other bag, I want the Caroline to use as a purse-type bag. I will order it in the central park black and white toile with the black gingham ribbon trim. What did you order?

Melanie
01-14-2004, 09:21 PM
I ordered over the phone.

Stephanie, I love that patchwork pink nursery rhyme with a sage twill! Beautiful!!

I hadn't thought of getting the bottle bag to hang on a stroller...good idea! I had one of those insulated ones for my chicco and the thing was such a pain to get straight and it finally snapped off when folding one time.

cchavez
01-14-2004, 09:41 PM
I basically got the fabric combination you are getting for your purse in the Lily so I can use it as a diaper bag. :)

cinrein
01-15-2004, 11:36 AM
I have an older (and much uglier-LOL) version of this Tupperware insulated bag that I use on my jogging stroller.
http://order.tupperware.com/pls/htprod_www/tup_show_item.show_item_detail

It stands up by itself and is nice and tall and wide. I don't know if it's my stroller of what, but the bag doesn't flop around much when we're walking.

HTH
Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

chlobo
01-15-2004, 12:45 PM
I'm looking to get a lily with the dragonfly & ladybug pattern on top & the green ginham on the bottom portion. However, its not clear from their website if you are allowed to have 2 fabrics for the body of the Lily. Does anyone know?

Also, do you think the green gingham is too dark for the interior? Will it be ok?

Finally, for those who ordered the lily, did you get the extra stiffness? Do you think its necessary?

One more question. which fabrics are available for the interior of the bag? Is it the Solid/Gingham selection? Or the Coordinates?

Thanks

Momof3Labs
01-15-2004, 01:08 PM
You can get two fabrics for the body of the Lily - three of the bags on her site have the two fabrics:

http://ella-bags.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=E&Category_Code=Lily

And it is my understanding that any of the fabrics are available for the interior of the bag, although we found out that using the pink stripe on the inside would result in an additional $15 fee (that we weren't willing to pay). I don't know why - that's all that Aimee told me.

I'd suggest that you contact Aimee directly with the rest of your questions - she is very helpful and knows the bags better than most of us, who haven't seen them IRL yet! She can also tell you if the green gingham matches the fabric that you chose, before you place your order.

nitaghei
01-15-2004, 02:05 PM
About the interior fabric - there is no additional cost for a solid or gingham, but there is a $15 additional charge for a "decorator" fabric, according to Aimee. I was thinking about the hot pick circles for the interior, but, like Lori, wasn't willing to pay an extra $15!

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

Momof3Labs
01-15-2004, 04:20 PM
Ah, thanks for explaining this, Nita!!