PDA

View Full Version : A little off topic

Calmegja2
01-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Has anyone seen a Jellybag by Besso in person?

http://www.modenaltd.com/clcts/besso.htm?OVRAW=berkin%20jelly%20bag&OVKEY=bag%20birkin%20jelly&OVMTC=standard

And cheaper:

http://www.shoesusa.com/shoes/new0293.html

Can you see through it, or is it more opague?

I'm thinking, especially the large size, that this would make a pretty swell diaper bag, bt in size and cleanup, but I can't tell if a person can see through it or not.....

rorycam
01-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Yes, I have. Our TJ Maxx and Marshall's both have dozens of them (the actual Besso bags, not knockoffs) for $60, so don't pay $100+ if you can get to a TJ Maxx or Marshall's. I saw them just this afternoon. They are cute bags and pretty opaque--I don't think you can see much through it. It is more like a thick rubber.

The main thing that would keep me from using it as a diaper bag is that in person it did not look like it would fit over the shoulder very well and would be hard to carry, but I did not try it on, so that may not be true. The ones are saw were mostly the large tote and the large Birken, in pink, green, blue, and brown, and the colors are very pretty. The clean-up definitely would be easy. HTH!

Rory

rorycam
01-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Yes, I have. Our TJ Maxx and Marshall's both have dozens of them (the actual Besso bags, not knockoffs) for $60, so don't pay $100+ if you can get to a TJ Maxx or Marshall's. I saw them just this afternoon. They are cute bags and pretty opaque--I don't think you can see much through it. It is more like a thick rubber.

The main thing that would keep me from using it as a diaper bag is that in person it did not look like it would fit over the shoulder very well and would be hard to carry, but I did not try it on, so that may not be true. The ones are saw were mostly the large tote and the large Birken, in pink, green, blue, and brown, and the colors are very pretty. The clean-up definitely would be easy. HTH!

Rory

emmiem
01-18-2004, 01:18 AM
I would think that a thick rubber latex bag would not mold to your body or arm at all which would make it uncomfortable to wear. Also, wouldn't it stick to your arm in warm weather?
Emmie

emmiem
01-18-2004, 01:18 AM
I would think that a thick rubber latex bag would not mold to your body or arm at all which would make it uncomfortable to wear. Also, wouldn't it stick to your arm in warm weather?
Emmie

Calmegja2
01-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Cool. I'll check them out in person.

I never thought about them sticking. I just read that they were being gobbled up in Southern California, so it would be an all weather thing, but that's actually a very good point. Thanks!

Calmegja2
01-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Cool. I'll check them out in person.

I never thought about them sticking. I just read that they were being gobbled up in Southern California, so it would be an all weather thing, but that's actually a very good point. Thanks!