PDA

View Full Version : lands end little tripper help

samanthac
01-18-2004, 11:31 AM
I'm investigating purchasing a LE little tripper diaper bag. I usually carry the following items:

*3 diapers
*ziplock bag of wipes
*changing pad
*tube of desitin
*burp cloth
*one outfit
*a stuffed toy (like a whoozit)
*one or two bottles
*wallet, cell phone, keys, notepad, and lipstick

Right now I'm using an old gap tote, which is big enough, but I can never find anything in it. I'm open to anything so if you have any other suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I'm just sick of the big, black, bottomless hole feeling. Oh, my son is 4 months old now. I don't mind buying one diaper bag now and one for later when we might need to tote more/less stuff.

Thanks for your help!

samanthac
01-18-2004, 11:31 AM
I'm investigating purchasing a LE little tripper diaper bag. I usually carry the following items:

*3 diapers
*ziplock bag of wipes
*changing pad
*tube of desitin
*burp cloth
*one outfit
*a stuffed toy (like a whoozit)
*one or two bottles
*wallet, cell phone, keys, notepad, and lipstick

Right now I'm using an old gap tote, which is big enough, but I can never find anything in it. I'm open to anything so if you have any other suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I'm just sick of the big, black, bottomless hole feeling. Oh, my son is 4 months old now. I don't mind buying one diaper bag now and one for later when we might need to tote more/less stuff.

Thanks for your help!

kfcboston
01-18-2004, 12:24 PM
I have the new little tripper and really like it so far! It's definitely for short trips, and it would certainly fit what you list here. It comes with a changing pad in its own back pocket, and has two outer side pockets that hold one bottle each. The front pocket is for your stuff, and you could fit the diapers, wipes, desitin, outfit, cloth and toy in the bag itself. I have the light blue one, and love the color!

HTH!

Edited to add: The changing pad it comes with even has a zipper along the edge (not exposed to baby's skin) where you could stash away the wipes.

kfcboston
01-18-2004, 12:24 PM
I have the new little tripper and really like it so far! It's definitely for short trips, and it would certainly fit what you list here. It comes with a changing pad in its own back pocket, and has two outer side pockets that hold one bottle each. The front pocket is for your stuff, and you could fit the diapers, wipes, desitin, outfit, cloth and toy in the bag itself. I have the light blue one, and love the color!

HTH!

Edited to add: The changing pad it comes with even has a zipper along the edge (not exposed to baby's skin) where you could stash away the wipes.

smulvehill
01-19-2004, 11:52 AM
Hi,
I think the reply you've already received says it all in terms of what the bag can handle. But here's my two cents! I received it for Christmas and while our baby isn't here yet, I think it will be great for quick trips. AND my husband has already said that the Little Tripper we have (black) is not too feminine or "purse-looking" for him to use -- he already has plans to use it himself when baby arrives and says it looks like those messenger bags men use now instead of briefcases, etc. The light blue interior fabric takes care of the black hole syndrome. It has tons of pockets, including an outside pocket for your wallet, cell, keys (with key clip) and lipstick so Mom's stuff is easy to access without rooting around inside the bag. I'm sure it will work well for us. If not, no one's better than Land's End about returns!

Sarah

ScrapNancy
01-19-2004, 12:04 PM
I have the older version of the Little Tripper, before the redesign. I have to say I really like having two diaper bags.... I also have the LE Do it All, the old version. In the little tripper I carry two diapers, wipes, diaper disposal bags, one bottle and formula dispenser, burp cloth, and my personal items like keys, debit card and cell phone and pda. It is perfect for "little trips" like a quick grocery run when I am unlikely to actually need any of the items but should have them just in case. For a longer shopping trip or other outing, I use the bigger bag which contains everything but the kitchen sink....multiple bottles, half a dozen diapers with wipes, desitin and disposal bags, burp cloths, clean outfit, toys, motrin and anti-gas drops, solid foods if I think I might need them, camera if I want it, etc. You get the picture....major overkill for an hour run to the grocery store but great for a trip to the mall or grandma and grandpa's house. I'll bet you have multiple purses for different needs....I'd apply the same philosophy to diaper bags!

samanthac
01-19-2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks for all of your advice. Meanwhile, I'm also wondering whether the new version can fit a bottle of water and a magazine on top of all of the other items I listed.

I have a bigger diaper bag for longer outings, but I can never find a diaper in it, let alone my cell phone or wallet. I'm looking for something that has more compartments so I can easily access things I need. I'm usually not out more than a few hours at a time, but I always keep a change of outfit, etc. with me just in case.

Thanks again for all of your input.

kfcboston
01-19-2004, 09:50 PM
I'd say the mag shouldn't be a problem, but it's possible that 2 bottles PLUS water and all the other stuff might be pushing the envelope. It might be doable but it would certainly be getting crowded.

HTH!