PDA

View Full Version : Ella bags--so what did you order?

khakismom
01-19-2004, 12:49 PM
Alright ladies, those of you that have ordered your bags from Aimee, what did you decide on? I ordered my first bag--I will be ordering another bag next week (got to split up the cost a bit for DH ;)). I ended up with a backpack in Palm Beach, the Lilly Pulitzer-looking fabric, on top with the pink twill on the bottom. I got a light blue twill for the inside and the ribbon is pink. For the trim, I got the light blue twill piping.

So what did you order? :)

emmiem
01-19-2004, 03:07 PM
If our name is on the list, is it too late to order?
emmie

houseof3boys
01-19-2004, 03:17 PM
No, we have until Feb 7th (I think :)) to put the orders in.

I still haven't ordered mine and I organized the darn thing. Decisions, decisions....

houseof3boys
01-19-2004, 03:17 PM
That bag sounds great Maureen. Very cool for spring and summer. Is your order next week for fall/winter? :)

Piglet
01-19-2004, 04:22 PM
I ordered the Red Rocket Rascals, just like on the site, in Caroline size. I have a 2 1/2 year old and don't carry more than 1 diaper, a few wipes and a pajama with me when we go out.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2024.jpg

My friend went in with me and she got an Elaine in the Central Park Cream and Black, Black Twill bottom, black twill (or maybe gingham) inside with Black Ostrich trim!

I can't wait!

khakismom
01-19-2004, 06:12 PM
LOL! DH wishes! :) It's actually for summer (but it could be used for fall and winter). My staples in summer are bright pastels, or khaki, red, black and white. So I am going to get another backpack--I love them in the summer, esp with 2 kids (look Ma, no hands! ;))--in Black Dots, with the black/white toile on the bottom, red twill inside, red ostrich trim, with red ribbon closure.

Better get on it Debbi and decide!! :) I can't wait to hear what you order. Thanks again tremendously for setting this up! :)

blnony
01-19-2004, 06:38 PM
When do you think we'll get our orders? I'm wanting to get a backpack (just for traveling) but I don't want to order until someone has gotten theirs and we have a review, but I want to get the discount!

sbjf
01-19-2004, 08:38 PM
When I looked at the Ella bags I designed a Lily EXACTLY like your friends! I like the classic look of the materials paired with the more fun/whimsical ostrich trim! Please post a pick of your friend's Elaine if you can!

I think the one you ordered is REALLY cute I can't wait to hear how you like it in person, I bet it's even cuter!

I think I may pass on the Ella's, mainly because I love the fact the ISM's allow me to have either a tote or a backpack in one. I'm just having trouble deciding on a fabric for the ISM's.

Melanie
01-19-2004, 09:34 PM
She said about 3 weeks, I think. I ordered on Jan. 7th...not that I'm counting the days, but that would have it arriving the last week in January.

I got the Lily (bigger one) in Cream Fireflies with a Sage Twill bottom/inner, and the Red Cabana Piping. 3 Extra Pockets. Changing pad with the Red Cabana & Cream Fireflies.

houseof3boys
01-19-2004, 09:39 PM
So I went to the website to look and obsess a bit more on my bag and noticed she put some new pics up. I bet if we keep checking the site some of the first bags she did for us will appear!

Here is what I'm talking about.....

http://ella-bags.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=E&Category_Code=DB

toomanystrollers
01-19-2004, 09:55 PM
I still have no clue :) I'd like something to coordinate with my green silk zolo coming soon! Hmmmmm......

cchavez
01-20-2004, 10:04 AM
I got the Elaine w/ black CP toile, gingham inside, black twill on the bottom, button/loop closure and my initials monogrammed. Oh, I also got the vinyl inside. I am thinking mine will arrive next week...just in time for my b-day!!! Aimee said she would send up a tracking email.

khakismom
01-20-2004, 12:04 PM
Christine, let us know how you like the vinyl. I was debating it on my bag and decided against it. So I'm wondering about it for the next now! :) Your bag sounds beautiful--I love that you got it monogrammed! Be sure and post a review and some pics when you get it!

LD92599
01-20-2004, 01:33 PM
I ordered the backpack in the Nova Check (special one time deal!) w/ black twill bottom and red piping. Added vinyl inside, extra pockets (don't recall if the extra pockets are n the inside or outside!), changing pad (realize now I didn't REALLY need that after reading on here about using a receiving blanket..DUH!), paci pouch, key loop and a makeup case!

I can't wait to get it!

Laura
mom to William

blnony
01-20-2004, 01:39 PM
Well, I'm a little saddened that she won't let me provide a fabric for my 2nd bag; but for the one I did order I got the Elaine, with the Paris in Springtime print, hot pink band, black twill bottom and hot pink inner. Extra pockets, snap on handles to keep them together, make up case, and key loop.

cuca_
01-20-2004, 04:43 PM
Just got off the phone with Aimee. I ordered an Elaine in the ink spot with a black twill bottom, a red custom made band and red twill inside. I added a key loop, extra interfacing and additional pockets. I'm very excited!! She said I should be getting it around the 10th of february, so I will post pictures then. Thanks Debbie for getting this deal!

houseof3boys
01-20-2004, 05:00 PM
That sounds like the one I *think* I am getting! I was on the site again thinking about the extras and saw the paci loop and wondered what the difference was between that and the key loop (besides $1) ?

Melanie
01-20-2004, 05:26 PM
I don't know what the paci-loop is, but the key loop is just a fabric loop so if your keys have a hook on them you can hook to it.

chlobo
01-20-2004, 06:43 PM
what's the benefit of extra interfacing?

cvharris
01-20-2004, 06:56 PM
Extra interfacing makes the bag stiffer and stronger.

I am also wanting to order an Elaine in the ink spot. I can't decide what color I would get on the inside and for the band, I'm not much of a red person. I was going to wait until I got my first bag to see how I liked the bags in general before I placed another order.

I ordered a Lily in the kiwi stripe with a dark denim bottom and a matching blue ribbon/band. Inside is blue. I got the add'l pockets, key loop, and extra interfacing. I'm hoping to get the bag sometime next week. She said three weeks when I placed the order a while back.

cuca_
01-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Debbie, from what Aimee told me there are two different kinds of key loops. The one for $1 is, as Melanie said, just a fabric loop to clip your keys to. My keys have a hook so I got that one. The other key loop that she offered, which I am assuming is the paci loop, is $2.00 and it has a snap on it to hook your key chain to. Hope this makes sense. Chlobo, the extra interfacing makes the bag stiffer. I wanted to get this and asked Aimee about it and she did recommended it for the ink spot fabric. Will let you know what I think once I receive the bag!

Carmen

sweetbasil
01-22-2004, 12:34 PM
Well, I finally ordered my bag this a.m....I got the backpack, with skyflower bursts at the top, kiwi sky pink stripe at the bottom, with salmon colored piping and matching twill inside, 2 paci loops (one for a paci, one for keys), and a ditty bag. I can't wait 'til it gets here! :)

khakismom
01-22-2004, 01:18 PM
Julie, I had to get on the site to check out the fabrics you chose, and cute, cute, cute! That bag is going to be fabulous! Great colors!

jayhjay
01-22-2004, 03:03 PM
They skyflower with the kiwi sky pink stripe in the backpack is the exact combo I was considering! I doubt I can hold off long enough to see yours, but just in case, will you post pics?

sweetbasil
01-22-2004, 05:21 PM
I'll gladly post pics of the bag when it gets here...FWIW, Aimee said she was sure those fabrics were made to go together, so it's probably a good combo. I don't know if attachments with umbedded pics take up more room than links, but I'll err on the side of caution so this thread doesn't take any longer to pull up ;)

Edited to add: Sorry I didn't include the pics before- I didn't mean to make you go back to the site, Maureen. That could be a dangerous place for me to re-visit! :D

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2073.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2074.jpg

khakismom
01-22-2004, 05:42 PM
Oh my goodness, no biggie! When I said "I had to go to the site", I meant that I was *compelled* because I really wanted to see those fabrics. I couldn't remember what they looked like. And you're right--they go together perfectly! :)

jayhjay
01-22-2004, 06:14 PM
You are right. When I emailed them they sent me to the designers web site. THese two fabrics (along with the blue stripe) are all part of the same collection. When you see them there, it is easy to see which of the designers fabrics coordinate. I think it will be very sharp!

FWIW, if i remember correctly, the site is www.artofthemidwest.com and you click on fabrics.