PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas who could do this?

blnony
01-19-2004, 11:36 PM
I've found a fabric that I love for a diaper bag. Its from the same site that Aimee uses www.thecottonshop.net
Does anyone who know who might be able to make me a bag if I supplied the fabric?

liya
01-20-2004, 01:42 AM
I bet ISM could do it and i bet if you ask the gal from ELLA she will do it as well.... They are ususally pretty nice about this sorta stuff cause they aim to please....They will tell you what will work in the bag well and what wont and if it can work for a bag im sure they will be more than happy to do it...If you see a bag in a WAHM site you like or hear raves about just contact the wahm and ask about making a bag with fabric you will supply and how much of a discount you will get for your own fabric use..

HTH

houseof3boys
01-20-2004, 10:26 AM
I would defintely ask Aimee, especially since she uses that fabric supplier. She might get a discount. Worth asking Brianna...

blnony
01-20-2004, 10:46 AM
here are the two fabrics that I really like; any opinions?
(My main stroller is silver and red -- hence the red theme! :) )
http://tinyurl.com/368jk

http://tinyurl.com/27hs2

nitaghei
01-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Brannon at www.bubblegumbags.com will make a bag with your fabric. I had exchanged emails with her a while back, but neither one of us could find the fabric I wanted. She seems great to work with.

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

houseof3boys
01-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Love the red marbles. That is a really cool pattern.

khakismom
01-20-2004, 11:56 AM
Very cool fabrics Brianna! I have to admit I'm partial to the retro dots--love 'em!

I agree with everyone else: ask Aimee, Brannon, Mackenzie. My guess is that they all would do it. Let us know what you find out. I bet alot of people here would love to pick out their own fabric and create a diaper bag!! :) Have fun!

blnony
01-20-2004, 01:24 PM
Well, thats a no from Amy at Ella Bags. I guess I'll try the ISM person. I'm kind of bummed. I didn't think it would be that hard.
:(

blnony
01-20-2004, 01:50 PM
ALso a No from ISM. :( I'm running out of options here.

Edited to add: Bubblegum bags is closed to custom orders. Double :(

nitaghei
01-20-2004, 03:20 PM
Email Brannon anyway! I saw the other post after I'd posted here - and she did mention the possibility of squeezing in a couple of custom orders.

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

cvharris
01-20-2004, 03:42 PM
Maybe check out some sellers on eBay who make diaper bags. There are quite a few of them and you can look at feedback.

What a bummer that Ella and ISM won't do it.

mattysmom
01-20-2004, 04:03 PM
Sorry about ISM - I emailed Mackenzie too with your question, but she explained that she needs the fabric to be a certain weight, etc. But she did say that she'll have 5-6 new fabrics up on the website by this weekend - maybe you'll like one of them?

PS - I like the fabrics you chose - but who is Aimee (or what does she make?)

blnony
01-20-2004, 06:20 PM
Aimee does the Ella Bags.

liya
01-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Ebay baby!!! Check on ebay and see.......Keep at it Brianna i know the bubblegum gal will do it...give her a buz....JIC :)

tarheelmom
01-20-2004, 11:45 PM
I'm not sure what kind of bag you are looking for, but I bought a tote style bag from this lady on Ebay. Here is the link to her current auctions page:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=customforyou&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

I was extremely pleased with her workmanship. I got a tote with nice long handles and 3 pockets on the inside. It has a really cute chenille fringe on it. I emailed her and asked if she did custom work, and I copy and pasted here from her reply:

"Yes, I do custom work. Normally I cut a top piece 16" wide by 9.5" in height and use a solid border at the bottom, I can provide the solid bottom and inside lining, etc. and would do this as a custom auction for you as a "Buy it Now" For now I do custom auctions at $28.00 which will include the shipping."

If this style of bag is what you are looking for, I don't think you would be disappointed in her sewing skills - I was thrilled with my bag.

Carmen
Mommy to Ryan and Seth

khakismom
01-21-2004, 10:54 AM
Brianna, there's a little company here in my town that will do it for you (www.claveryhandbags.com). They said they can use heavy cottons or lightweight upholstery. You provide 1.5 yards for the outside of the bag, she prefers to use her gingham linings (in red, black, or pink) for the inside because it is waterproof. Her bags normally run $70 and she quoted $7 off so I think it would run you about $67.

She said you would need to call her to order it--can't be done online--and she can either invoice you via PayPal, or you can send in a check with the material to her address.

PM or email me to get more information if you are interested. Hope this works out for you! :)