PDA

View Full Version : Question about PP boxy backpack

kaitlinsmommy
01-20-2004, 01:19 AM
I was not planning to get a new diaper bag but I saw a PP at storytime last week and it was GORGEOUS! So I just went to a website and don't understand the changing pad. It says it is attached. Does it unattach? If not, it seems like a pretty dumb design. I can't imagine changing my squirmy toddler and trying to keep her placed on a pad that's attached to something else. What do you know/think? Thanks!

emmiem
01-20-2004, 09:42 AM
It does not come off at all. It is attached to the bottom of the diaper bag. It is also too small for any baby other than a toddler. Most people don't use that feature of the bag. I returned the backpack and bought the toddler tote instead. The toddler tote is smaller and my DD was out of bottles already.
Hope that helps.
emmie

gamommy2noahnavery
01-20-2004, 10:40 AM
I have the PP Boxy Backpack... which I love, but I don't love the changing pad, I acutally never use that feature and my DD is still little at a year, only about 25 inches long. I went to BRU and bought a changing pad to put carry with me, but more often than not, I find myself just using a blanket under Avery or if nothing else is avaliable paper towel...though that is my ABSOLUTE LAST resort!

Since the changing pad does not de-tach, it makes it hard to use for any baby over newborn I think. It's a great concept of having everything convienent but it's too hard IMO

cchavez
01-20-2004, 12:41 PM
My Nicole Miller has an attached pad and I don't like it at all.

If you still want the backpack but don't think the pad will work for you....you might want to try to huggies disposable pad. I bought a pack last week but I have not opened them to see how big they are. I just ordered myself and Ella bag but I did not want to pay the extra money for a changing pad so I plan on using the huggies pads or a pad from one of my other bags....whichever fits best. hth

kensjen
01-20-2004, 01:14 PM
Yes it is dumb! LOL!

I also got the toddler tote. Same gorgeous fabric, but a little smaller and no attached pad!

The toddler tote is just as gorgeous as the backpack, but it doesn't have too much in the way of organization. Just a couple of pockets. It's good for a quick trip, but not when you need a lot of stuff, it all just gets lost in there. I also just use it as a purse sometimes!

HTH!

Melanie
01-20-2004, 01:42 PM
I was staring at that trying to figure out if it detaches...what a poor design. Obviously they did not consult mothers!

kaitlinsmommy
01-20-2004, 07:03 PM
Can the toddler tote be used as a backpack too? If so, that would be fine for us. I don't need anything big or with lots of organization. Thanks for your replies. I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking this design is strange.

kensjen
01-20-2004, 07:07 PM
No, the toddler tote cannot be used as a backpack. :( I love backpacks to!

Have you seen the I'm still me diaper bags?

http://imstillme.com

You can get a backpack, that also converts into a tote. Really nice design and great fabrics too. There is also a sale going on right now for BBB members....

Just another idea!

JenCA
01-24-2004, 10:24 PM
I am glad to know this about the toddler tote. I ordered one earlier this month (the sunset dragon roll--am anxiously awaiting its arrival!) with the hopes that it will be perfect for quick trips. I am also glad to hear that the changing pad is not attached because I think that would drive me crazy.