PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen a Loom Marsupial Diaper Bag IRL?

sbaker
01-21-2004, 03:43 PM
While searching for strollers online I came across this diaper bag. It looks really interesting to me. I was wondering if anyone has seen or used one....Here's a link to the website:
http://www.loomlife.com/collection/marsupial.htm

I emailed Loom to get more info and a picture of the inside of the bag. Here's the reply:

"Thanks for your email - and your interest in the Loom diaper bag!
I've attached an image of the interior - not a great photo - but
hopefully it will give you a sense of the interior configuration.

Real quick:

The bag is designed to be used with one hand and no eyes - meaning, most
moms are busy with baby or other tasks while trying to grab something
from within their bag. Therefore, the bag has no velcro (which can
degrade and get dirty over time) or zippers (which require two hands to
open). The large front flap of the bag is secured with two magnetic
closures, as is the large rear pocket. These are invisibly nestled in
the lining of the bag - and make a neat 'click!' when they lock in
place.

On the inside, the bag has several pockets specifically designed for
parent's needs:
A carabiner key clip perched on the rim of the bag, to keep keys where
you can find them;
A side pocket just the right size for a box of baby wipes;
An insulated, adjustable bottle sleeve on the other side of the bag;
A large open storage area on the back wall of the bag - for stowing the
included changing pad (also with magnetized closures to keep it folded
up and out of the way when not in use)
Two pockets on the front wall of the inside of the bag: one deep and one
shallow for quick-access
A draw string stuff-sack for dirty clothes, toys, snacks, cosmetics etc.

Keep in mind that I designed this bag to have a life after baby - the
interior rear open pocket is broad enough to hold most lap tops, the
bottle sleeve large enough to hold a water bottle (for yoga/work
outs/travel), and the stuff sack is great for tolietries, computer
cables etc...

Hope this helps you in your decision making Sara!
I'd love to get your feedback on any features you like/don't like- and
of course if you decide to get the bag - I'd really love to hear from
you to know how it works for you.

I wonder: how did you find out about Loom? Just curious. I just launched
the company in October!

Feel free to call or drop a line again - happy to help any way I can.

Thanks again for your interest in Loom!

Best,
Johanna La Fleur
Founder
415 381 2820

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2059.jpg

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to:
Rayce 02/09/02
Charlye 12/20/03

sbjf
01-21-2004, 11:00 PM
That looks really cool! How much is it? Are you considering getting it?

kwc
01-21-2004, 11:06 PM
Just saw one today at DayOne in San Francisco (looks like that's where Loom is from the 415 area code). Looked very cool, but I didn't check it out too closely because I thought DH would kill me if I brought home a $150 diaper bag when I have a bunch that I switch off already.

Briefly, it was clearly very well made and the fabric looked sturdy and like it would not get dirty easily. I think it was sized like a small messenger bag (which was intriguing to me for use with slinging), similar in size to my Sally Spicer tote but could hold way more due to shape and pockets (and definitely smaller than my friend's Fleurville Mothership).

Didn't notice the carabiner and magnetic closures... very cool!

Karen

ETA: The one I saw was the moss green ballistic nylon... good thing it wasn't the red or there might have been trouble! Of course, note I said I wasn't looking but noticed the price!

sbjf
01-21-2004, 11:09 PM
Interesting. Do you think it would be big enough for use with a newborn, and to double as a purse?

kwc
01-21-2004, 11:16 PM
It's probably not an "all day" bag, and you might be pushed if you use cloth diapers, but that said, I use CDs and got along with the Sally Spicer for all but long trips (which almost never happened with my newborn, I am a moderate packer)... I'm guessing that it is bigger than DH's Lands End (new) Little Tripper but probably not as big as I imagine (not seen IRL) the DoItAll.

I didn't look much at the extra pockets, but I definitely think it could double as a purse, though I don't know if there is a dedicated cell phone pocket which I really like. However, as I don't usually carry bottles with me, I usually use the bottle pocket of my other diaper bag as a phone pocket (I never carry another purse).

sbjf
01-21-2004, 11:22 PM
Thanks a lot, you've been a big help! I wish someone in Atlanta carried them so I could take a look. It sounds like it might be what I'm looking for. Initially I was going to get two bags: one for me to use daily and one to leave in the car with extra stuff/and for all day trips. $150 is a lot though, yikes. I'll have to think about it some more. I was leaning towards the ism backpack/tote, but this look is a lot more my style. hmmm...I hate these decisions!

sbaker
01-22-2004, 12:52 AM
I am thinking about ordering it. I found it at diaperbags.com for $130.
http://www.diaperbags.com/store/html/Loom_Diaper_Bags/1.html
Now the question is - What color do I want?

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to:
Rayce 02/09/02
Charlye 12/20/03

sbjf
01-22-2004, 01:11 AM
If I do get it, I am SO drawn to the red. And I'm thinking about adding the matching watermelon pouch to use as a wallet!!! We are BAD!

I won't be ordering anything this month though, so if you do, you'll probably get yours first, I'll definitely want a review!

Calmegja2
01-22-2004, 08:53 AM
Man, I love those! So my style!

And Ann Arbor is but a hop, skip and jump from here. Hmmmmm.......

kwc
01-22-2004, 01:55 PM
Go Red! It looks so cool!
Of course, If you wear a lot of neutrals, the moss green is really nice, but I love the red. Plus if I had that bag, I'd want people to notice!

Ummm.... just because I probably won't get one doesn't mean I can't enable others!

sbjf
01-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Just wanted to add that I emailed the designer of the Loom bags and she got back to me.

She said that the Marsupial Diaper bag's suggested retail is $130. I emailed her again about the Watermelon bag because I didn't see if offered at diaperbags.com and here's what she wrote:

"As for the Watermelon -diaperbags.com will be adding those to the site any day. They are available in moss green (with contrast pink on exterior and lining), red, red+turquoise print, and orange and white print.

Why don't you drop an email to [email protected] about ordering
the Watermelon?

And yes, the Watermelon fits beautifully in the Marsupial bag. You can
clip it to the carabiner key clip, snap it to your belt or just stow it in any of the large pockets. I use one as a wallet myself and it's a nice easy size to carry!"

So I did email diaperbags.com and here's what they wrote:

"Thanks for your inquiry. Yes we will be adding the Watermelon bags on our site by end of day today or tomorrow. They will retail for $20.

We look forward to your order and know you will enjoy the Loom bag. We
have had several customer compliments on them recently.

In addition to free ground shopping on the Loom bags, we will also be
offering free Federal Express ground shipping on the Watermelon bags.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. We look forward to hearing from you."

I'm very excited about this bag! The Watermelon looks perfect for grabbing when running into the library or drugstore for a quick minute or two.