PDA

View Full Version : **POLL** What diaper bag do you use? What do you keep in it? How old are your

MamaKath
01-26-2004, 02:31 AM
baby/kids?

The post about what all the pockets are for had me thinking maybe it was time for a bit of a poll. There have been a lot of pregnant mamas around lately, so this is probably really useful for many of them. Tell us about you diaper bag habits, lol. Type? Stuff in it? Ages of kids?

Thanks ;-)

new_mommy25
01-26-2004, 07:41 AM
Combi Urban Sling

In the two small pockets under the flap I keep
wallet
digital camera
small hairbrush (for me)
chapstick/ concealer
Benefit Dr. Feel Good

In the flat pocket in front I keep
Various papers/magazines etc. that I pick up along the way
Coupons
keys
ziploc with extra nursing pads

There are two pockets on the inner main compartment
1st pocket - 4 diapers
2nd pocket- wipes case, travel size Aquaphor, baby hairbrush

In the Main Compartment
cloth diaper burp rag
disposable changing pad (I like the new Huggies)
recieving blanket (I like to use this as a pillow for DS during diaper changes as well as a million other uses it has)
a few toys such as plastic keys, teethers, his favorite catepiller
extra outfit, usually a one-piece like a sleeper to minimize bulk
extra sweatshirt for DS
Sling, right now I'm using my Zolo because it's my new favorite :)
Bottle Water if I remember
seasonally appropriate hat for DS
baby sunscreen in a ziploc so it doesn't squish all over (we just got back from a sunny vacation)

Everything fits perfectly in the bag though there is not much room for anything else. However I've started CD'ing so I will need a slightly bigger bag in the future.

Edited to add: DS is 20 weeks and I've packed the same way since he was born, with the exception of the toys, which we just started playing with about a month ago

edited again to add some things I forgot. I also wanted to say that DH has no problem carrying the bag and it also fits perfectly over the back of our P3

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-26-2004, 08:23 AM
I had to respond because I must be the minority with my diaper bag use :)and wonder ifthat will change...We got the black One step ahead over one shoulder back pack. My intention was DH can use it to. It is always packed and hangs either in the laundry room or stays in the back of our SUV. But I have NEVER taken that bag anywhere really...it's never been carried around by me like a purse or anything, If I'm out I jsut leave it in the SUV and if I need something we get it from there.
CD, Covers, Neosporin, two bottles (loaded once we go),...and we've never needed a "change of clothes" so I removed that set that has been hanging out in there a few months ago.

I've also never changed Tristan in a store, or on a changing table, we just go out to the vehicle to do it. When warm we are able to open the back and it is our changing pad...

I really give my diaper bag so little thought, and am suprised by that I must say...

I am 36
T is 11 months

Also: I did buy the zolo diaper bag to match my lsing but honestly have never used it...

I've always drooled over the PP bags and if they had one to match my sling I'd have bought it in a heart beat!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

bluej
01-26-2004, 08:57 AM
Currently I am using an "Ella-like" diaper bag I got off of ebay. Soon I will be using an Ella.

This bag only has two HUGE pockets. In one pocket I keep my wallet, keys, cell phone, lip balm, hand cream, sunglasses and grocery/shopping lists. In the other pocket I keep toys...beaded toy clip, cloth book, a few rattles. The bottom of the bag I keep a small blanket for use as a changing pad, three diapers and wipes, a spare outfit, a container of cheerios and a sippy cup of water. This stuff is seperated using zip-lock baggies (changing pad in one baggie, diapers and wipes in another, outfit in another and food/drink in another). In the summer I will also pack sunscreen, sunglasses for the babe, a spare sun hat and extra wipes for handwashing etc b/c he'll be mobile. After all of this stuff there is still a lot of room. This bag is 18 inches high, 15 wide and 5 1/5 deep.

DS is 7 months old. I have to other kids, but they don't require me to carry stuff for them.

On occassion I also use the Lands End Backpack Diaper Bag. I mostly use this one when we are traveling and in and out of the car a lot.

toomanystrollers
01-26-2004, 09:57 AM
Ok, with baby #1, I felt I couldn't leave the house without packing the entire contents of her nursery in a LE Do-it-all LOL

Now, with 3 kiddos (5,2,7ms), I get by with just a backpack that I leave in the car with extra dipes, wipes and clothes. And then I just carry my ISM backpack -basically as a purse - but with 2 extra cloth dipes/covers, box of wipes, my wallet, small camera, cell phone, a couple of toys, & stash of lollipops :)

cvharris
01-26-2004, 10:00 AM
DS is 7 1/2 months old and I am 28.

My first bag was an Eddie Bauer Backpack from the Eddie Bauer store. It's a nice bag, DH likes it, but I figured out I don't really like backpacks much. I can never find anything I want in it quickly, it has lots of compartments but not too many pockets and way too many zippers. Everything gets buried in the main area. I still use it if we're going someplace where we're going to be active and I want to use something durable. When DS was a newborn I was such a heavy packer and this held everything.

Then I got an ISM bag in Shangri-la Toile and found that I love totes. This one has 6 pockets which I find to be the perfect number and I know where everything is and can reach for things easily. I use this one if I'm going someplace dressy or if there is nicer weather outside. I would say that it's not a bag that I would like to take any abuse since it's so pretty.

I have the new style Lands End Little Tripper and I've been using that mostly for quick trips (the only kind DS will let me take now). I really like it. It holds enough stuff for a 3-4 hour trip anywhere, hangs nicely on the stroller or my shoulder, and it's durable. I think the new style is more attractive than the old ones.

Diaper bags we've had and don't have anymore: Old style LE Do-it-all, Mackenzie Kids Highland Satchel Backpack (this is a big bag and I didn't need the big size anymore).

And we have an Ella tote coming that should be here any day now!

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

JElaineB
01-26-2004, 10:31 AM
DS is 16 months old. I have the 2002 "old-style" LE Do-It-All and the "old-style" Little Tripper as well. I rarely use the Little Tripper, but I want to start trying. I am one of those who pack the whole nursery in the Do-It-All! My excuse is that I live 30 miles from just about anything, in-laws, shopping, work etc. So I feel I need to take it all with me.

Here is what I bring in my Do-It-All:

4-7 diapers (depending how long we will be gone)
change of clothes (right now a onsie, top, sweatpants, socks)
pair of Jack & Lilly shoes in case a shoe goes missing (happened once and I didn't have a spare!)
extra pair of mittens (winter only)
burp cloth and washcloth for any spills
Pampers travel wipes container
Enfamil insulated bottle bag, for carrying a bottle or sippy cup of whole milk
soft pack of Kleenex
dirty duds bag
some small teethers/toys
2 snack cups filled with Goldfish and cookies
1 Take 'n' Toss sippy cup
1 extra bottle
1 12 oz. bottled water
some Desitin, travel size powder, Gerber moisturizing stick, small Purell
small travel first-aid kit (in a ziploc, mostly just band-aids)
diaper sacks
baby sunglasses (left over from summer)
couple of Bibsters
disposable spoons
individual samples of Johnson's head-to-toe cleansing cloths and Pampers wipess
couple extra ziploc bags

I did have some Table Toppers (stick on placemats) but I ran out of those. I do have a resuable one, but that is big and I only take it if I know we are going out to eat.

WHEW! And it all fits in the Do-It-All with room to spare!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Calmegja2
01-26-2004, 11:53 AM
I'm a diaper bag bimbo. Completely unloyal. I switch bags like I switch purses. I use them all, just in rotation.

I have, in current rotation, a Kenneth Cole Tote in red, a Diaper Dude in Black, and Ameribag Healthy Back Baby Bag, a Bjorn Clamshell, a Gap brown corduroy tote, LE Little Tripper, and Ella that should arrive today, a Mid City (Kalencom) tote...and several others that have passed on.

My Bjorn is my refill bag, it always stays in the car, and there is much of everything in it.

Standard in all my bags:
diapers
wipes
wipes solution
mini baby powder, cream
little trash bags (for dirties)
sippy cups
2 containers, one of cheerios, one of cheddar bunnies
baby tylenol
sunscreen
bandaids (mini first aid kit)
table toppers
disposable bibs
baby spoons
crayons
printables for coloring
cards (for games)
handwipes
glass wipes (my preschooler wears glasses)
PDA
wallet
small amount of makeup

The amount varies, depending on which bag, but that's standard for me.

I pack mainly for a 21 month old, but also have to have stuff for all four kids, as we are on the go a lot, and I need to be able to entertain everyone.

justlearning
01-26-2004, 12:00 PM
My son is 8 months old. I always use a diaper bag from Timi & Leslie that I got for a great price. It's cute and doesn't look like a diaper bag really but it's also been very durable (I always hang it over my Pliko handlebars) and I like how I can just wipe it clean because it has a plastic coating over the fabric. I also have a MacKenzie diaper backpack, which DH uses if he takes DS somewhere on his own and which I use if we're going on a trip somewhere.

In my diaper bag, I always carry a change of clothes (haven't needed one in a very long time but keep it in there just in case), a diaper changing pad, wipes, diapers, my stuff (wallet, lipstick, cell phone), bib, burp rag, and small toys for DS to play with which I change out regularly. I also will stash my Zolo in my diaper bag if I think we might need it and will also put his coat and hat in my diaper bag after we get somewhere.

sntm
01-26-2004, 12:29 PM
Started with the babystyle undiaper bag but it was too floppy and though "divided" into two section by a separate zippered pouch, they communicated underneath so I could never find anything. That is now the daycare diaper bag.

I use the Nicole Miller bag and like it, though it is still a little too floppy. I keep in the outer flap (where the changing pad attaches) 2-3 diapers, Purell hand sanitizer, diaper cream, packet of wipes, and plastic ziplock bag for dirties. Floating around inside I keep a pretty burp bloth, 1-2 books, 1-2 toys, a bib and a sippy cup. Usually toss in a blanket when we go places if not covering the little man with it. I use the inner pockets for my stuff (wallet, keys, etc.) In the two small zippered outer pockets, I keep teething biscuits in a ziplock bag and my quick find stuff (lipstick.)

DH uses the Baby Sherpa but hasn't in a while, just because they rarely go anywhere without me.

edited to add:
Jack is 7 1/2 months.
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

mom2kandj
01-26-2004, 12:32 PM
I *really* want a Timi & Leslie, but don't want to pay the price! Where'd you get yours???

Rose
mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
& Jack 04/16/02

jec2
01-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Combi US. Finn is just now 3 months and going out and needing a diaper bag is relatively new! But, I am thinking that my US isn't quite big enough for some of our days (where were out for about 4-6 hours).

But, here's what we're keeping in it:

Main Interior:

3-4 CD's and couple of covers
soft cloth books (2)
receiving blanket

ETA: I also throw my Zolo in there or sometimes just wear it slung around me like a darn Roman (I'm a dork)!

in the pockets-
in one I have 2-3 disposable dipes (for emergencies)
in the other I have wipes container (with disp. wipes), a few wash clothes and wipes solution

In the flap pocket:
Spare outfit (usually a sleeper type) Trust me, I've needed it. Our first outing we had Major Poop Explosion that, well, it was major!
1-2 burp clothes
hat
keys

Small Exterior Pockets:

a book
barret for me

(honestly I don't use these very often as I have a hard time remembering they're there.

My wallet (I just use my checkbook part) I put in the diaper pad pocket so it's extremely handy.

I put my cell phone and pacifier in the cell phone pocket (but mostly just the paci).

stillplayswithbarbies
01-26-2004, 01:23 PM
I have the Kelty Kids diaper backpack. My baby is 10 months old.

in the front pocket:
diaper wipes
small tube of diaper rash cream
small bottle of tylenol
breastpads
comb for me

In the side pockets:
burp cloths when she was younger
small toys

in the back pocket
flannel receiving blanket
sun hat

in the main compartment
changing pad (came with the bag)
sling for me (cotton Zolo)
sling for my son to carry his sister (Maya pouch)
extra change of clothes
extra socks
diaper disposal bags (Sassy brand)
big ziploc bag (for wet clothes)
wetbag (for cloth diapers)
one disposable diaper for emergencies
cloth diapers (at least 2)
Lamaze Freddy The Firefly toy

in the cooler bag that came with my free diaper bag from the hospital, I pack the following, and then shove it in the diaper bag too:
bib
spoon
bowl
container of cheerios
jar or two of baby food
sippy cup of water

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

justlearning
01-26-2004, 01:32 PM
I got lucky... I bought my bag from babystyle and it was the exact bag that was selling elsewhere for $150 but I got it on clearance for $30 plus an extra % off coupon plus ebates so I think I paid around $25 total for it. It also came with a matching changing pad (which I don't use because I like the one from my backpack better) and a bib that's our absolute favorite bib and the one that we use at every meal. Unfortunately, I haven't seen another deal like this and babystyle hasn't stocked Timi & Leslie bags since.

Jeanmick
01-26-2004, 01:33 PM
Great question! It's fun reading all the responses!

We have two kids, ages 3 and 11 months. For outings, we use the Smart Innovations Messenger Bag Style diaper bag. Here's what's inside:

Main compartment:
2 Epipens (DD is allergic to peanuts)
Bottle of Benedryl (for DD also)
Portable toilet seat cover for DD
Snacks for DD (Goldfish, raisins, dried fruit)

Zippered compartment in front:
Changing pad
2 diapers for DS
Wipes case
"Emergency kit" (Bandaids, Tylenol for mom and child :), Small tube of Antibiotic pain relief ointment, small tube of aquaphor)
Plastic "Messy bag" (came with the diaper bag)
Purell hand sanitizer
A couple of Shout wipes
Desitin

Mesh pocket:
Two plastic disposible table toppers
A couple of ziploc bags

Side food pocket:
Snack cup (ziploc) of cheerios
Baby food
disposible spoon
vinyl bib (bumkins brand)

Side drink pocket:
Sippy cup for DS

We also have an Eddie Bauer diaper bag that has a change of clothes for the kids (DD: panties, pants and shirt; DS: one piece outfit), sweaters, diapers, wipes, bottled water and such for emergencies, like when I forget to restock the diaper bag. :) It always stays in the van.

liya
01-26-2004, 01:50 PM
I use a cheapo backpack really small made for kids really..LOL there are 2 compartments in it in the front one i keep 2 cloth diapers(i keep diapers in the car so i wont have to go out wiht a ton i can also keep more sposies if i were to use them in the bag persay cloth takes up space), wipes and a receiving blankie(to use as changing pad)...And in the middle i put my keys, cell phone, baby food, snaks and little formula dispensor, bib, spoon. On the side there is a pocket perfect for the bottle...LOL

Its my cute little baggie..Its looks sorta like the size of those little cutie dora bags but its blue and black. I have had totes etc but have found this more comfortable because of the size. I guess i would have to dig in for everything in any bag anyhow..LOl but it keeps itself really nice and organized...TOTAL COST!! $7.99 LOL and im 24 yrs old...Ari will be 1 on feb 13th YIKES!!!!

BTW KATH CONGRATS!! On the CD jump!!

Edited to say i am lusting after an ISM diaper backpack..LOL

blnony
01-26-2004, 02:07 PM
Right now I'm using an XL ISM tote
My DD is 17 months
Thing I like the most: The shape of the bag; you can see everything that is in it
Thing I don't like: I like the number of pockets, but I wish they were a little deeper and maybe elastic around the top so thing would actually stay in.
I carry 2 diapers, wipes container, straw sippy cup, a couple of books, a small toy, small stuffed Barney, small snack container, my wallet, keys and mom pouch, and cell phone, and a zip lock for dirty dipes; and usually a small handtowel for clean ups.
I like that it stands up by itself; will fit into the basket of my P3 and with the Techno I can stretch the straps and hang it over the handles and it doesn't hang down. But if A. gets out of the stroller its too heavy and tips.

parkersmama
01-26-2004, 03:01 PM
Brianna...this is very helpful! Did you use this bag when you were CDing? Trying to figure out if I would need an L or an XL.

lisams
01-26-2004, 03:17 PM
We've downsized to the LE Little Tripper. DD is 14 months. Here's what I keep in it:

2 diapers
travel container of wipes
change of clothes
a few hand sanitizer wipe packets
small toy
sippy cup of water
small tupperware of cheerios

ETA - the only place I usually take my diaper bag is to play group. When out shopping, at grandparents or just out and about I leave it in the car.

Lisa

parkersmama
01-26-2004, 03:28 PM
I basically have two bags that I use all the time (keep both in the van except when they need refilling).

The first is a small bucket bag that I bought at a local store. It's the yellow fairy fabric that Ella-bags has on their site and has her name in blue on it. It's a hand-held bag (can't put over shoulder) with 3 outside pockets. Anyway, it's basically just for use in the church nursery. I keep a couple of disposable diapers, wipes, a toy or two, and a pacifier in it.

The second is a Bubblegum Bag, size Large. It has 6 outside pockets and 6 inside pockets. In it are:
-2 or 3 CDs
-a CD cover
-changing pad from my Sally Spicer bag
-disposable wipes travel pack
-pacifier (or two!)
-several toys...teethers, rattles, & links to hook them to stroller
-plastic grocery bag to put wet diaper in
-napkins
-cheerios container
-diaper cream
-snappi (for CDs)
-toys for older kids...fan pack cards, wikki stix, etc.
-sanitary pads/tampons
-and lots of other accumlated junk that we pick up along the way

I have quit carrying a change of clothing (no blowouts now that we use cloth dipes!) and a lot of the other things you need with a small baby. Soon, we'll be adding a sippy cup to the list.

My kids are 6, 3 1/2, and 8 months.

I should add that I also keep a *ton* of crap in the van with us...toys for all the kids, books, KKAFP, Chic Slings sling, Kozy carrier, blanket, jackets, sweaters, etc. The area on the floor behind the driver's seat (which is in front of AG's Roundabout) is piled high with all our stuff! LOL!

mom2kandj
01-26-2004, 04:41 PM
TRAGEDY! Dcclerk(Kerry) told me about that special on Babystyle after they sold out! :(

Rose
mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
& Jack 04/16/02

cchavez
01-26-2004, 04:47 PM
I use my LE little tripper alot b/c we mostly make quick trips. When Diego was born I used a tote "My 3 Beans" all the time. If I am doing a longer outing....I will take my Nicole Miller bag. I don't use my LE back pack that often.

Anyway, I just keep a burp cloth, bottle, wallet and lip stick in my LT. If using the NM I will pack a few more toys and diapers.

I keep my cart cover in my SUV w/ a few extra toys and diapers...oh and a changing pad. This cuts down on what I have to pack.:)

Oh, hopefully my Ella bag will arrive soon and I will use that instead fo my LT.

Diego will be 9 months on Thursday and I will be 32 on Saturday.

DDowning
01-26-2004, 08:39 PM
I have the PP Sunset Dragon Roll boxy backpack. Love it and its my everyday bag. Over christmas, DH got me a Burberry Diaper Tote that I'm just now starting to use more and more.

I keep the basics as far as a couple of diapers, wipes, bottle, bib, extra pacifier, formula cup, a tiny tupperware snack size thing of cheerios, a couple of toys and my wallet.

sbaker
01-27-2004, 12:02 AM
Sorry to butt in here...Is it the sunflower bag you were looking for? If so, I got one when Babystyle had them on sale. I realized I didn't like it after it was too late to return it. I haven't ever used it. I think I paid about $30 for it. If you are interested please let me know.

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to:
Rayce 02/09/02
Charlye 12/20/03

marinkitty
01-27-2004, 12:41 AM
I'm 33 and DD is almost 10 1/2 months.

I have two diaper bags - one big and one little and I keep them both packed and just grab whichever one I need.

The big one is a cheap black nylon boxy bag (a la Kate Spade) from BRU. In it I keep:

Hand sanitizer
Antibacterial wipes
A few disposable bibs
A clean pacifier and paci strap
A couple clean spoons
3-5 diapers
Wipes
Diaper Creme
Changing pad
Change of clothes (something that folds small)
Jar of baby food
Tiny tupperware with finger food
Sippy
Bottles
Formula dispenser
Small lightweight blanket
A couple small toys
Disposable camera
Snack for me (usually a Zone bar or string cheese)
Wallet, keys, lip gloss, Palm Pilot, sunglasses (all in a little zipper pouch)

I usually keep my Zolo in the car, but sometimes I stuff it in too.

Little bag isn't actually a diaper bag - just a small black nylon quilted backpack from Target. Just holds a pared down version of the other.

I did just order two ISM bags - so I'm moving up in the diaper bag world (it's funny - I'm a huge bag person when it comes to bags for me, but until now haven't gotten into the diaper bag thing) - so I'll have to revamp when they arrive.

Oh, we also have a black nylon backpack purchased for DH that has never seen the light of day. I think he has left the house alone with DD maybe 3 times!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)

nc_hope
01-27-2004, 01:23 AM
I use a Sally Spicer diaper bag. I am 26 and Andrew is 5 mos. Here's what's inside:

Main compartment:
4-5 diapers
wipes
burp cloth
change of clothes (usually a sleeper)
a little ducky plastic bag dispenser (for dirty diapers, clothes, etc)
changing pad
1-2 toys
bottle (for emergencies since I BF)
lightweight blanket
my wallet

Andrew's side pocket:
pacifier
packet of desitin
baby brush
travel bottle of baby lotion
tiny tube of aquaphor
single serve packet of formula (for emergencies)

Mom's side pocket:
hand sanitizer
travel pack of kleenex
tube of lipstick
sunglasses
gum
ink pen

Outside small pocket:
I drop my keys and cell phone in here

JenCA
01-27-2004, 02:07 AM
I currently have the Kate Spade "contents" medium-sized diaper bag (black w/bright green accents). Earlier this month, I ordered the Petunia Picklebottom sunset roll toddler tote (to use for quick trips) and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. DD is just over 5 months.

In the Kate Spade, I keep diapers, wipes, diaper cream, a changing pad (came with the bag), antibacterial hand wipes, a formula dispenser, burp cloth, bib, a couple of pacis, some small teething toys, Mylicon gas drops, and infant's Tylenol. Before I go anywhere, I'll throw in a couple of bottles, a change of clothes for DD, my wallet, makeup bag, and cell phone.

RiaHannam
01-27-2004, 01:05 PM
Well traditionally I'm a bag-o-holic but for some reason I'm too lazy to want a new bag. I've been using my *Carter's tote* that was a special for $10 with purchase this past summer. I suppose it's working too well!
All it is is a tote.... it's navy on the outside with a striped pattern on the inside. It is reversible too. It has 2 outer and 2 inner pockets - roomy just enough for my water bottle. I use the inside ones for a number of small things. It has stiff handles that work perfect for over the shoulders and the tops is open but it does have a snap closure which I almost never use.
I keep about 4 diapers (I use sposies now), wipes, change of clothes, fleece changing pad, my wallet and such in there... lots of room. Only thing is sometimes I have to dig around in there to find stuff.
For now it's working and I'm happy!!

bnme
01-28-2004, 09:20 AM
LOL-I have to admit that I still use the free Similac bag as my main diaper bag! To me it is the perfect size\set-up. I also have an Eddie Bauer bp that I have never used and a not-a-diaper-bag tote ala ISM that does not zip close and to me is impractical.

It contains:
3 diapers & wipe contaier
Extra ls tee and maybe a pair of sweats (depending on where we are going)
small tupperware of Cherrios
spoon
Palmers cream
Mommy's Helper bottle holder w/ toy attached (my MOST essential item!)
board book
burp cloth
thin blanket for diap changes
my wallet and small makeup bag w/ brush, chapstick, etc

I also use a small 9 West bag (purse) that has an inner pouch and an outside zipper compartment for quick trips. The main compartment holds 1 diaper and wipes, burp cloth, and my Mommy Helper w/ toy. Plus a ziploc w/ snack and a small water bottle. I keep my wallet, keys, etc in the front compartment -and also my club cards (CVS, BJs, etc) in the built in wallet-y type thing. I can shove a pack of gum and my coupon hoolder in the bag pocket.

I just discovered a small rip in my Similac bag so now I will be forced to replace it
:(

I saw a similarly shaped bag on BRUs website. Ill go check it out in person when I get a chance! I will be happy if it is similar -yet different in that it is blck or tan rather than the chessy blue print!

mtnmom9
10-18-2004, 12:11 AM
I love this & don't understand why more women don't use a backpack diaper bag. I think it's great for a few reasons: you can always free up a hand/arm to use for opening doors or for personal safety (you're already a target as you're likely distracted by baby/vulnerable when getting baby in/out of car/stroller....so at the very least, be able to instantly free up a hand/arm hand to use your car remote panic alarm or to hit someone, etc). Also, save your back by being able to ergonomically (sp?)carry your infant seat close to your body & with both hands most of the time (see "lecture" above!)with shoulders straight vs. hiking a shoulder to keep a purse style diaper bag from sliding off or needing to use your other hand to hold the purse style.

Eddie Bauer Backpack Diaper Bag (and fanny pack with wallet & phone), with:
ziplock of wipes
diapers
rain cover & bug net for infant seat
extra baby outfit, plus onesie & 1 pr socks
2 pacifiers
burp cloth
1-2 blankets depending on weather
hat
bottle
divided container for formula powder
sometimes bottled water depending on where we're going
small size Mylicon
small size Baby Tylenol
thermometer
changing mat (bought one from BRU that's bigger, as the one that came with the pack was tiny...I took it out and use it for floor changing in our living room vs. going upstairs all of the time to the changing table)
diaper rash cream
tampon & panty liner :)

masetane
10-18-2004, 01:30 AM
I would be interested if you could send me pics. I can't email you directly and my email is [email protected]
Caroline
http://fool.exler.ru/sm/ma.gif
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

robmab719
10-18-2004, 11:07 AM
I have one 9 month old DD and I mostly use my Bandicoot. In it are:
2 size 3 diapers
Huggies wipes case
1 travel pack of wet ones
2 burp cloths
1 romper (change of clothes)
1 Bibster
1 tube Desitin
1 board book
1 teether/rattle
1 Avent bottle
Small ziploc full of Cheerios

When DD was younger (up to six months old), I used my Mothership and (in addition to what's listed above) I carried:
Kozy carrier
Receiving blanket
Extra bottle
Extra change of clothes
Socks
Cloth bib

marnay
10-18-2004, 11:36 AM
>Sorry to butt in here...Is it the sunflower bag you were
>looking for? If so, I got one when Babystyle had them on sale.
>I realized I didn't like it after it was too late to return
>it. I haven't ever used it. I think I paid about $30 for it.
>If you are interested please let me know.
>
>Just my two cents...
>:) :+ :)
>Sara
>Mom to:
>Rayce 02/09/02
>Charlye 12/20/03

I too would be interested, if it is still available

Naydene
[email protected]

audball
10-18-2004, 11:41 AM
This group is so funny! I don't feel so much like a weirdo for loving and having so many bags (actually not that many, by most of the accounts here ;))...

I have an OiOi Messenger, a Red SkipHop, a small Eddie Bauer sling, and an Old Navy/Timbuk2 knock-off, which I am currently using. I'm considering getting a Bandicoot, but since I can't decide on a color, I'm holding off!

I have 2 kiddos: a 2-year old and a nine-month old (primarily bfd)

My bags contents (at any given time):
-Meds for DS (he is very allergic to dairy, so just in case), including Benedryl and epi-pin
-4, #4 diapers + changing pad
-small case of wipes
-hand sanitizer
-insulated bottle holder
-plastic knife, baby spoon
-snack cup for DD
-sippy cup
-small snack cup for DS
-small book, small toys (2)
-wallet, keys, cell phone, Palm Pilot

From all the listings here, I guess I should be carrying extra clothes too!

marnay
10-18-2004, 11:58 AM
I have two children, ages 5 and 2 yrs old. I rotate between all my bags depending on my mood and the lenght of the outing. The bags I use the most are the following;

Timi & Leslie Large Bebe
Timbuk2 Small Messenger
Ameribag tote
Red Kecci
Chester Classic Diaper Bag

I think I am a heavy packer.... for my things!

3 size 5 diapers
Wipe container
Huggie Changing pad
Snacks (usually 3-4 different things)
Sippy Cup
Make-up Case
Small First Aid Case
Checkbook
Large Wallet
Credit card case
Contact lense case
Spare outfit for the 2 yr old