PDA

View Full Version : Diaper bag for vacation? - Will be flying

Phx115
01-26-2004, 09:24 PM
I am getting kind of tired of my Eddie Bauer backpack diaper bag. It isn't as convenient as I thought. Plus, it doesn't really hold all that much stuff.

Anyway, I will be traveling with my son for a week-long stay in Hilton Head. We will be flying without my DH. Also, my son likes to "read" books so I wouldn't mind something that can hold a variety of books and toys, etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Kristy
Eric (5-28-03)

Melanie
01-27-2004, 12:03 PM
I suggest a backpack for flying, even if you pack a different one for day to day. I found our backpack just invaluable on a recent trip. I used the McKenzie kids one, but overpacked it so the bottom started to rip...oops... I don't think my usual Avent would have been big enough, so next time I'll probably just use a regular backpack that we bought to replace the McKenzie. Ours is Columbia from Kohl's and has lots of compartments - I'm a compartment freak.

Just remember to pack enough extras in your carry-on to cover you both for a day if they lose your luggage.

nitaghei
01-27-2004, 02:05 PM
I used the LE Do It All (the old style) for two recent trips (with winter stuff) - and it worked really well. Got all of DS's stuff as well as mine in - so I didn't have a purse or a carry-on to deal with.

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

Ami
01-30-2004, 03:04 PM
Ami

Hi,

My Baby Sherpa is great for travelling. It has lots of compartments and by the change pad is a great place for books. You have a built in cooler section which is great for snacks and a compartment for your video camera. I only carried the Sherpa instead of 3 bags last time I flew. It is super comfortable too for carrying. Their website is www.babysherpa.com

Safe travels,

Ami