PDA

View Full Version : My Ella is here (PICTURE: Nova Check...Backpack!)

LD92599
01-29-2004, 08:37 PM
It's here, It's here!

I haven't (obviously!) had a chance to use it and won't until at least the weekend, but I love what I see/feel so far :-) The bag is gorgeous (DH says he'll carry it too...he better...he's the SAHP!)!

Here's what I got:
Backpack in the Burberry Nova Check
Changing Pad to match
Small Cosmetic Bag
Paci Pouch
Vinyl Inside
Key Loop

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2184.jpg
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2183.jpg

I *love* the magnetic closure; I'll have to get used to the ribbon tie, but it's grommeted and w/ the magnetic closure, probably won't NEED to use the tie too much!

The backpack is super lightweight (I can't stand a bag that's heavy when it's empty!) and stands on its own. 3 of the inside pockets have elastic; 3 do not..fine w/ me. I don't have pockets now as it is!

I wonder what I'll use the paci pouch for...maybe spoons, a disp. bib, a toy link or something?! Interesting concept though! There's also a "handle/loop" on the back which I like...I occasionally will pop the backpack on my wrist, so this works for me!

The straps match the fabric of the bag and aren't adjustable. At first I thought that was odd..then I thought again..when was the last time I've ever adjusted a back pack? NEVER!

Laura
mom to William

bluej
01-29-2004, 08:44 PM
Oooohhh, it's so pretty! You lucky lucky gal!

parkersmama
01-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Gorgeous! And the vinyl looks great...a good addition it seems. :)

blnony
01-29-2004, 11:22 PM
*TOO CUTE*
I love it. It looks great.
And just think..its one of a kind! :)
I think the lighterweight fabric will be great for a backpack. It will really reduce the weight for you.
Is that vinyl inside? If so, it looks great. I think I'll do that for my next bag.

houseof3boys
01-29-2004, 11:39 PM
My my my, very nice! I think it's cute that your DH says he'll wear it too. We might have to see a pic of him wearing it. :)

I never thought about vinyl on the interior but it looks nice. What would you compare it to? I mean, what does it feel like?

It is really nice!!! :)

khakismom
01-30-2004, 12:24 AM
Laura, it is gorgeous! What an awesome bag--I love it! Lucky girl! :) Now I'm getting anxious for mine to make an appearance!

Melanie
01-30-2004, 12:45 AM
That looks so nice! I can't wait until you can use it and let us know how it is to wear. Out of curiosity, where's the key loop in the bag? I couldn't see it in the photo.

Edited to add: Duh! I bet the key loop is that loop right at the top, isn't it? I was thinking that was for a button closure, which obviously does not apply to a backpack.

heidi_timms
01-30-2004, 12:50 AM
OOOH! That's super cute. Thanks for posting the pics. I am still on the fence!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

cinrein
01-30-2004, 09:22 AM
Gorgeous! I'm not even a plaid-kinda-girl and I love it!

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

Ang6
01-31-2004, 09:47 PM
Hi Laura,

I am completely out of the loop here. I love this bag, where did you get it? I've read something about a list to be on and a sale that I evidently missed, but would you mind filling me in?

Thanks so much!

LD92599
01-31-2004, 10:18 PM
Ang:

You had to be on here a few weeks ago to get on "the list!" I'm sure there will be another sale soon though...

I got the bag through Aimee w/ http://www.ella-bags.com

Note: the Nova/Burberry plaid was a one time shot...i happened to mention to her that that is what I was interested in and she just so happened to have recently ordered some! Lucky me got a bag out of it!

Laura
mom to William

Ang6
02-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Bummer...

Thanks, Laura!

papal
02-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Melanie... i dont think that loop on top is the key loop.. its a handle if you want to just carry the backpack in your hands.

Laura... am i right? If i am, then where is the key-loop?

ETA:. My bad.. that must be the key-loop.. the handle cant be INSIDE the bag.. what was i thinking!

Rashmi
(mom to Leela, born 10.17.03)