PDA

View Full Version : Here's my Ella bag!

ginamlee
01-30-2004, 01:11 AM
This is what I got:

Lily size. Body of the bag is Cabana Stripe Ocean. Bottom of the bag is Roman Glass Stone. The prints are separated by a khaki tan Custom Band. The khaki tan is also inside.

I think this is not a very complimentary photo. The bag is much prettier in real life, and the prints look like they were made for eachother!

http://www.adoptionannouncements.com/ebay/ellabag.jpg

Melanie
01-30-2004, 01:21 AM
The cabana strip ocean is GORGEOUS! I like how the roman glass looks with it. Was it empty or full in the photo? How do you like it so far?

ginamlee
01-30-2004, 01:39 AM
I photographed it empty. (I probably won't actually use it until spring.) It really does look better in person. The prints don't look like they match in the photo, but they are perfect. I'll probably try to take a better photo when it is light outside.

I like the accessories. The changing pad rolls up pretty cool with the scrunchie thing. I also got the dirties bag and the paci pouch.

I wish I had known that the key loop was just a loop. I'll probably end up hooking the paci pouch to the key loop and put both the keys and the pacifier in there (my Avent paci has a cover to keep it clean). I didn't know there was a paci loop??? I would have gotten that if that means that the loop opens and closes in some way.

Although the fabrics are very beautiful, the bag came out less my style than I had anticipated. I'm more of a neutrals kind of person, and this is more pastel. It will probably look very nice in the warmer months, though.

I love the Ladder Abstract ISM because it has black, browns (1 dark, 1 lighter) and maroon. These are my wardrobe staples in the fall and winter.

I wear a lot of khaki in the spring and summer, and wanted to bring that color out in my Ella bag. I wasn't as successful as I had hoped. I also wear a lot of black and was hoping that the Roman Glass Stone would have a dark charcoal grey background. As it turns out, it is more of a greenish grey color (which looks terrific with the stripes, but not part of my grand plan ;))

As for the Ella bag itself, I am pleased. It is a lighter weight bag, but that's fine with me. The size is great, the pockets are great (love the elastic) and the workmanship is wonderful, too. I wouldn't hesitate to order again. But, from now on, I really have to focus on having black, brown and khaki tan in by bags. I'm one of those wierd people who have to have their shoes match their bag, and those colors pretty much cover all of my (boring) bases. :)

heidi_timms
01-30-2004, 03:08 AM
Very pretty. I love the stripes. Thanks for sharing the pics Gina!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

cinrein
01-30-2004, 09:19 AM
Very pretty Gina! I think the bag would look great on a khaki-dressed person.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

houseof3boys
01-30-2004, 10:33 AM
I love that Roman Glass stone, it is really pretty.

This will be great for spring!

khakismom
01-30-2004, 11:59 AM
Gorgeous bag Gina! I love the fabrics you picked out and the button tie too! I'm in love with that Cabana Stripe! :)

tina-t
01-31-2004, 01:05 AM
That is just too pretty. Too bad I missed out on this deal.

lmintzer
03-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Gina,
I love this combo. So pretty! I'm getting ready for something "springy" and I may do something similar.

Lisa

sweetbasil
03-03-2004, 07:39 PM
Gina, it's beeeeeeuuuuuutiful! I bet you can't wait to give it a try in the spring. My bag is way too springy for now, but I packed it up the other night when dropping the boys at my parents for a few hours- it was the perfect size, and I just couldn't resist. Admittedly a funny bag to be carrying in 40 degree weather, but it was almost dark outside ;)

Anyway, enjoy your gorgeous bag!

jasabo
03-03-2004, 08:04 PM
Wow! It's beautiful!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors! I was eyeing the Cabana Stripe on their website too. It looks really fabulous with the Roman Glass print.

Enjoy!!

Lisa - mom to 8 month old twin boys