PDA

View Full Version : Be HONEST! Do you hate this fabric or love it??

papal
02-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Not sure that i can even get this on my Ella but just to confuse myself even more i followed the link on the Ella fabrics page to www.thecottonshop.net to see what fabrics are out there... anyhoo.. if she says yes i was thinking of getting this but i am BLIND when it comes to thinking creatively so was wondering.. would this fabric look hideous on a backpack Ella. Be HONEST!!!
You will not hurt my feelings. :)

Rashmi
(mom to Leela, born 10.17.03)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2273.txt

pritchettzoo
02-01-2004, 09:26 PM
That would be so adorable! Ooh, would you use a black heavy-duty bottom with a brightly-colored band or a bright bottom? I think that fabric would be really sharp!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

papal
02-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Black bottom with a bright band/piping (orange?). Ofcourse, i dont know if she will do it in this fabric for me.

I guess we are the only people not watching the superbowl? (Or were you posting at half-time, which would make me the only person not watching? :))

Rashmi

Momof3Labs
02-01-2004, 10:06 PM
I think that fabric is really cute. Dark, maybe too dark for summer, but cute.

I know that someone else asked Aimee to make a bag with a fabric that she did not carry (Brianna?) and Aimee said no, so maybe ask her before you put too much energy into finding a fabric that she doesn't already stock.

papal
02-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Lori, i guess you are not watching the superbowl either then? Gosh, we are such awful junkies of these boards!

I emailed Aimee about the fabric.. i will be sad if she doesnt do it in this one.. then its back to circus toile or geo squares... and another 50 million hours of insanity going thru the Ella website!!

Rashmi

blnony
02-01-2004, 10:19 PM
Rashmi-
I had found a fabric at the cottonshop that I LOVED too!! I ask Aimme if she would do it and she said no, and I asked Mackenzie at ISM and she said no too. :(
But the lady at bubblegum bags will do it; but she doesn't do backpacks.

papal
02-01-2004, 10:34 PM
:(
That is too bad! Even if i bought it and mailed it to her? :(

Oh well... back to drawing board then.

(hmmm... Anna, Lori and now Brianna.. i guess a lot of people dont like football then... phew.. thats a relief. )

ETA: Anna.. not Debbi.

Rashmi

blnony
02-01-2004, 10:57 PM
I watched half time; and SATC. I've been trying to play with Audrey so Paul could watch the game in peace! LOL!!
I had also offered to buy and send it to her; but she said that the fabrics she uses have to be a certain weight or something like that; and the fabrics she has now are the only one's she will make bags with until fall; except for a few novelty fabrics that she uses for ebay bags (like the nova check plaid)

sbjf
02-01-2004, 11:33 PM
I love it!!!!!!! Good pick!!

Edited after I read the other posts...........

BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!! I guess if it was the right weight she would have already snapped it up and offered it on her website since it is really so perfect.

kelly ann
02-01-2004, 11:54 PM
Hello Rashmi-

I love that fabric choice. I am also trying to decide on my Ella design. I emailed Aimee last Wednesday with a bunch of questions, but have not heard back yet. Have you emailed her before? If so, how long does it usually take to get a reply? I am getting anxious to order my bag :D

Anyway, since I have been obsessing diaper bags with all of these BBB discounts (I just ordered the ISM bag on Friday), I have been searching the web and ebay for other cute fabric diaper bags.

Here one site that I found that allows you to use your own fabric - not provided by the designer. I can't vouch for the quality or customer service since I just found this website yesterday.

http://www.sweetlystitched.com/BuildABag.html

Good luck with your decision!

Kelly Ann

Edit: Oops I realize they don't do backpacks. Maybe this will help someone else though.

parkersmama
02-02-2004, 01:17 AM
I thought Bubblegum Bags did do backpacks. There's one in her In Stock store. Did she quit doing them??

sweetbasil
02-02-2004, 01:28 AM
Kelly Ann,
I e-mailed Aimee and never got a reply, but when I called her she answered right away and was very helpful, so you might try that. 1-866-837-2300 M - F, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST

HTH,

sweetbasil
02-02-2004, 01:30 AM
whoops. my apologies :(

blnony
02-02-2004, 02:49 AM
You might be right...I don't know why I thought she didn't. I'm getting myself confused now!

Momof3Labs
02-02-2004, 09:56 AM
I e-mailed Aimee once and didn't hear back, and when I called her, she said that she didn't get the e-mail. So if you haven't heard from her, give her a call this week.

cchavez
02-02-2004, 10:01 AM
I also had to call her. She also mentione I could "chat" w/ her through her website....but when I tried I didn't get a response.

chlobo
02-02-2004, 12:07 PM
Cant vouch for the quality but there are a lot a people who make custom bags that sell on ebay. I found one who was more than happy to special order the fabric I want. I found another who was happy tomodify her design to meet myneeds.

Again, I havent ordered anything yet so I cant vouch for quality.

cinrein
02-02-2004, 04:31 PM
She always responded right away to all my emails, except one. If you don't hear back from her in a couple hours, I'd call.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03