PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone post a photo of their Timbuk2?

smomom
02-04-2004, 03:00 PM
I am debating on purchasing a Timbuk2 messenger bag, but there is not a dealer around to see one IRL. The pictures on the web site are so tiny. I'm also curious to see what different color combinations look like. If anyone has a T2 messenger bag that they would love to show off, I would love to see it!

thanks!

mamahill
02-04-2004, 03:11 PM
I'll try to get a picture up later today, but wanted to say that I received mine yesterday and am in LOVE! I got silver-mint-grey, with the center divider and a pouch strap (for keys, since I am always losing them in the bottom of my bags unless they have a key ring or something). They actually sent two and when I emailed them about it they said "Keep it - it's on us." I got it in cordura and it is a pretty matte finish. One of the pouches was, I believe, the Ballistic since it was a different sheen from the other one. From what I can tell, the Ballistic is a bit brighter and shinier (but not plasticky). But, being particular about color, I went with the cordura because it offered more options (and I love mint green!).

I also got the PeeWee on the recommendation of a few here and it is definitely big enough for me. I'm coming from a LE Little Tripper, though, so I didn't want to end up with something gigantic (it looks like I could carry a couple children in the Dee Dog:).

Anyway, right now I have a couple diapers, my Little Tripper changing pad (although I'm considering just getting those disposable changing pads since I so rarely change her diaper when we're out), disposable bibs, cream, wipes, small bottle of Purell, my wallet, lotion, lipstick, a pad of paper for Ainsleigh to draw on, a bag of crayons, a small doll, a take n' toss snack cup of crackers, my checkbook, a few "personal" items;), my PDA, etc in there, and I've still got room.

And it comes with a couple weird straps/tags so I included in my email an inquiry about those (an obvious messenger bag virgin!) and the guy explained it perfectly. I feel so "in" now. Maybe I'll have to take up messengering... I just can't say enough good about this bag - it is constructed so well and fits my style perfectly. Dare I say it, that I've found the perfect bag (for me)?

kathsmom
02-04-2004, 03:16 PM
Sarah,

Could you post a picture of you holding it? I always have trouble imagining what size it is (even when they give me the dimensions) unless I can see it on a real person.

I am glad that you like it! I am looking for something between my Baby Trend Activpak backpack and my Little Tripper. I would return the Little Tripper and sell the Activpak (which I just love) if I could find the right medium size bag!

Thanks!

smomom
02-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the review! I look forward to seeing your pictures.

and I LOVE your new avatar!!!!

houseof3boys
02-04-2004, 06:24 PM
Ooooh, I'm stoked (did I just say that?) to see a pic. I love those bags and Sarah makes it sound so pretty in the green.

I can't wait to see a pic. I've been eyeing those bags for a while now since I don't like my Combi Urban Sling anymore.

papal
02-04-2004, 06:31 PM
Debbi!!! Didn't u just order an Ella? How many diaper bags do you have girl?

Rashmi
(mom to Leela, born 10.17.03)

sarahfran
02-04-2004, 07:13 PM
Thought I'd share this little gem I found while searching the web:
10% off, free strap pad, free shipping. Good deal!

http://www.gearguys.com/timbuk2.html

It looks like you can build your own through them too. They say it's a limited time offer, and I didn't find the offer when I went to their site and searched on timbuk2, so I'd use the link above.

ALSO, Sierra Trading Post has messenger bags on sale. They're by Dana Designs. i don't know the brand, but they say the retail price is $150, STP price is $60.

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

houseof3boys
02-04-2004, 09:56 PM
Just think of it as an accessory Rashmi! It's like a pair of shoes for different occasions. I would sell my current messenger one to get this "cooler" one anyway. :)

smomom
02-10-2004, 05:39 PM
bump...

Can Sarah, Beth, or any other Timbuk2 ownwers post a pic of their bags?!?!

Thanks!

sarahfran
02-11-2004, 12:18 AM
I don't have one... wish I did. I'm hoping to see photos too!
-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

mamahill
02-11-2004, 10:51 PM
Argh! Sorry - DH walked off with the digital camera and left it at work and only brought it back today. It's dark now, but tomorrow in the light of day I WILL take pictures - I promise! I haven't forgotten!!

And I do have to say that the more I use it, the more I LOVE it. Yesterday I noticed I was wearing a solid-colored long-sleeved t-shirt that matched the mint green in the bag. And, I've got to admit, I looked fabulous:D!

houseof3boys
02-11-2004, 11:46 PM
LOL....I am sure you did look fabulous too! :) :)

Cant wait to see the pics.