PDA

View Full Version : ella opinions

ismommy
02-04-2004, 03:27 PM
Okay so I am completely indecisve. and the deadline is approaching so HELP! Please:)
I have a red kiwi and would like to have some red in the bag. I love the red cabana and dragonfly prints bu I have a kate spade bag which is the sage and red so I am afraid it is too similar.
I was thinking of the daisies(my favorite flowers) witha red band and black bottom but not sure if its summery enough.
I love the kiwi stripe and watermelon stripe but she says there is no red in eiether:(
so now I am looking at the softspot berry.
Any opinions suggestions would be sooo appreciated. I want a fun bag for the summer but I feel like I keep veering to more traditional looks.
I don't tend to wear alot of colors but just want something bright and fun to carry.

Thanks
Helene

nitaghei
02-04-2004, 03:37 PM
I like the soft spot berry.

Otherwise, how about :

Disco dot flamingo - or is that too pink?
sky pink red stripe - with a red base and interior?
Jello Box -black - though that might be too dark for summer.

I loathe the fabric on my Pliko (chesapeake - DH's choice), so I didn't really care about matching my bag to my stroller.

Have fun.

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

papal
02-04-2004, 11:08 PM
Helene, I was also looking for something to match my red mbus so here is what i think:

- the Kiwi Sky Pink Stripe has a line of red thru it and would go great with the Sky Flower Burst. after ordering mine.. i did some more thinking and if i could get two this is the combo i would get.
Look at this link to get an idea why those two are meant for each other!
http://www.artofthemidwest.com/amybutler/fabrics_temple_cap3.phtml

2. Sky Pink Red Stripe. This is the one i ordered..with a dark denim bottom and a red ribbon trim.

3. Red Cabana (but you said you have something similiar)

I think the first one would look really really good. Main fabric Kiwi Sky Pink Stripe, bottom something dark (or red twill), a ribbon trim of the Sky Flower Burst and handle with Kiwi and Sky Flower.

Hope that helps!!

Rashmi
(mom to Leela, born 10.17.03)

heidi_timms
02-05-2004, 02:47 AM
Geez, I love this website. The fabrics are so beautiful! I just love all of the stripes and pretty fabrics. I agree that the kiwi pink stripe would look way cute with the sky flower burst.

I don't try and match my bags with my stroller either. I have a boring navy stroller and like fun bags:)

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

ismommy
02-05-2004, 08:54 AM
Rashmi,

Your first idea is what I was thinking but the woman I sopke with at Ella said that there isn't red in either the kiwi sky or sky flower burst. I am confused because it looks like it has red to me.
Maybe I will call and check again with another person.

Thanks everyone for you help.

Helene

sweetbasil
02-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Helene,
That's funny, b/c Aimee at Ella-Bags told me that it does have red in it (that thin line, like Rashmi was talking about). My backpack is going to be Sky flower burst on top, kiwi sky on bottom, with a salmon-colored piping and matching interior (vinyl).

ismommy
02-05-2004, 06:34 PM
Actually I just called back and at first the woman I spoke with kept saying it was burgundy but then she held it up to red and said maybe it does have red in it.
I am thinking of skyflowerburts a red feather and the stripes on the bottom. Is that too much?

Helene

papal
02-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Julie... that sounds awesome... when you get it can you post a picture..i want one exactly like that (except with a red piping to match the mbus). Looking fwd to seeing everyones Ellas!

Rashmi

papal
02-05-2004, 06:44 PM
No it is not too much.. it will be beautiful... these two fabrics will definitely be my next bag.. i am not a feather person so can't say i will get the feathers but other than that i LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it!

i guess my reasoning for getting the dark-denim bottom was that it is sturdier and since it is dark if it gets dirty it wont show as much. i wonder if she can do the bottom in two parts..so just the base has a sturdy fabric but the bottom half is a nice fabric.. you know what i mean? just thinking aloud here.

Rashmi

ismommy
02-05-2004, 07:00 PM
Hi Rashmi,

I am not usually a feather person either but just want something super fun and whimsical. I still have not called it in so might chnage my mind. I agree with a dark sturdy bottom. I might end up with a sage or red bottom and the striped trim.

AHH who knew this would be so hard. And of course now I keep loking at the soft spot berry which has more of my colors in int. But it doesnt seem as fun or unique

Helene

papal
02-05-2004, 07:08 PM
You could always get two! ;)

Rashmi

ismommy
02-05-2004, 07:28 PM
Thats what I keep thinking. I deserve it right. DH gone for 7 weeks, car accident it has been tough. But in anticipation of having to buy a new car I have promised myself no more spending. I should not even be buying one but...

Helene