PDA

View Full Version : Diaper bag contents question...

jerseygirl07067
02-05-2004, 12:40 AM
I have been tempted to jump on the Ella/ISM bandwagon. My personal favorite is the ISM bag in the central park stripe design. Anyway, I recently found 3 really cool Nine West diaper bags (black microfiber) at TJ Maxx and bought all three sizes as I am decided as to which I need.

One is a large messenger bag, one is a large tote, and one is a mini tote (called the baby shopper). Anyway, I have been using the baby shopper mini tote and it seems to work fine. However, DD is currently BF and is also only 6 weeks. I was wondering if this size will still work for me as DD gets older. It is a little larger than the LE Little Tripper. I currently carry the following items in it:

4 diapers
wipes case
desitin
mylicon
receiving blanket
disposable changing pad
extra onesie and extra sleeper outfit (just in case)
disposable camera
2 disposable breast pads
my wallet (it's actually a wallet on a string which I use as a purse)

Everything JUST fits in there now.

What other items will I need to transport as DD gets older? I see parents of older kids and they seem to transport a lot more things? Yes, I am the first timer for sure!

I want to make sure I buy the right sizes but don't want to keep all three (have to save money so I can extend my maternity leave as long as possible :) ) Or heck, return all three and get the ISM bag. But the black microfiber does look pretty sleek and stylish I must say...And I do wear lots of black, even in summertime.

Thanks for you help, this board is addicting!

Mary

Kimberly H
02-05-2004, 02:20 PM
Mia is 14 mos old and we keep a stocked diaper bag in the car, just in case, and that includes 4 diapers and a change of clothes. In the bag I carry WITH the baby is:

wipes case
2 disposable diapers
soft changing pad
2 toys on links
blanket
Purell (we use it to wipe tables and highchairs)
2 Sassy diaper sacks (phew)
pesonal pack of Kleenex
my tiny wallet
equally tiny cell phone
Pink Grapefruit Mentos (got 'em in China and I'm hooked!)
washcloth
small terry bib (will add big vinyl bib if we're eating out)
Sassy snack cup with Kix, Cheerios and Apple Crisps
bottle (if it's that time)

I still need to get a new disposable camera to keep in there too!

jerseygirl07067
02-05-2004, 04:18 PM
That's helpful! I will probably keep the larger nine west tote. Out of curiosity, which bag do you use?

Mary

Kimberly H
02-05-2004, 08:22 PM
We have a custom tote made by Petaluma Design (petaluma_design on Yahoo) and I'm so happy with it.