PDA

View Full Version : Nine West Diaper bags

kzstraw
02-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Help! I'm looking for a large diaper bag that is also somewhat trendy and something my husband would not be embarrassed to carry. I LOVE the Kate Spade diaper bags but they are just too darn expensive. At TJMaxx I found some black microfiber Nine West messenger diaper bags and large tote bags and wasn't sure if they were big enough/functional enough. Has anyone tried Nine West Diaper bags? Are they any good or should I go with something else?
-kzs

kathsmom
02-06-2004, 12:15 PM
Hi, KZS!

I don't have any of the Nine West diaper bags, but I have had Nine West microfiber purses and they held up just fine. As far as diaper bags go, one piece of advice that I got from these boards was to use the hospital diaper bag until you determine what your needs and the baby's needs are. I did try out various diaper bags before my DS was born and I would pack them up with what I thought we would need and if they didn't work, I would return them. Even after he was born, I tried out a ton of diaper bags and then finally settled on the Baby Trend Activpak backpack. I am still on the prowl for the "perfect" diaper bag and DS is now 16 months old!LOL!

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck shopping!

trumansmom
02-06-2004, 12:21 PM
I have this bag and used it approximately twice. It was bulky but didn't hold as much as I would have liked. It's definitely a cute bag, but if you tend to pack a lot (like I did and will again with an infant!), it may not be the bag for you.

Good luck,

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

jerseygirl07067
02-06-2004, 01:48 PM
I too found the black microfiber nine west bags at my local TJ Maxx. They had only one of each size so I snatched them up and will return the ones I don't want once I decide. One was a messenger style bag, one was a large tote and the other was called the baby shopper which was a bit smaller. I have tried the shopper for two days and it is a good every day quick errands bag. My friend has the large tote and LOVES it. I may keep the large tote for times when I want to carry a bit more. I thought the messenger bag was a bit bulky. The large tote and the shopper bag are easy to set down and get in and out of with one hand, which I like!!

Unfortunately DH likes the Eddie Bauer backpack that I have but it is a pain to get things out of, especially when you might just be carrying a few items.

HTH!

Mary