PDA

View Full Version : Got my ISM bag......

AdoptChina
02-06-2004, 02:37 PM
it's beautiful, but I think it may be too small :(
I ordered a large and I can't fit all my things in it. I don't think Im a big packer either. Im trying to decide if I should keep it or get the XL. Any advice?
thanks
Susan

JennyA
02-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Hi Susan - I have both sizes - the large works for me just fine (just one babe though - looks like you could have lots to carry!). I got the backpack for hand free at the mall kind of trips and it holds a bit more, but I think I like the large tote for quick trips - it makes me not be so obssessive about taking EVERYTHING with me.
jenny

which pattern did you get? I posted earlier today about the lighter tan bottoms/interiors as I haven't seen one IRL.

pamela mom of 3
02-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Unfortunately it truely depends on how much you carry...i've got the large and it's been fine with the 3 kiddo's..only one in diapers tho.

I am a very light packer, at least from what i gather from what others carry so i find the large size fine for my needs.

Really if you find you've packed it all up with what you carry and it's not enough the XL maybe the better route for your own specific needs. :)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://cmw.dailymoviereviews.com/contrib/fk/bunny.gif

KMommie
02-06-2004, 04:16 PM
Tee Hee! I only have one baby, and I found the large to be too small! I ordered the XL this time around. It's been shipped, but I haven't received it yet. I never thought I packed heavy, either. :) However, ISM is the only bag that I can actually FIND what I need, even if it's stuffed!

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

ppshah
02-06-2004, 04:53 PM
I had ordered the tailored stripe in a large with loop and button closure. I agree it is smaller than I expected- but to me that was a pleasant surprise- I was worried it was going to be too big. I'm only 5'2" and didn't want a bag that would look funny on me. I already have a large tote for traveling/longer trips and was tired of lugging it around for short trips. This is perfect for 1/2 day outings.

I took it shopping today and was able to fit:

matching changing pad
3 size 4 diapers
wipes case
wallet
cellphone
palm pilot
bib
plastic bag (for wet and dirty items)
spit-up cloth
extra outfit
several toys
mommy pouch

There was room for a sippy cup and small container for snacks.

I think I will keep extra diaper/wipes etc in the car- just in case!!

I love the fabric- it is actually more spring/summer than appears in the picture. The contruction is actually very solid- it holds it's shape very well. The items stay in the inside pockets and don't fall out- I was worried about this since the top of the bag is open.

I probably should have skipped the matching changing pad & just used a Huggies disposable changing pad. It's quite small for an older child and takes up quite a bit of room. I love matching things though!!! If you're getting this bag for a newborn it might be worth it.

I actually think this bag would be nice for a work bag too- all those pockets keep everything in place.

Oh yeah I got a free mommy pouch as part of the BBB deal but don't know what to use it for. Any ideas? I don't wear make-up. I have a wallet that I like- I don't think wipes will fit well in there. Hmmm-any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks !!!

Purvi & DS 10 months

pamela mom of 3
02-06-2004, 05:21 PM
I don't have a mommy pouch as they were not about when i got my bag last year but if i had one ;) i would pop my chapstick and nailfile/clippers in it that sorta stuff.
~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://cmw.dailymoviereviews.com/contrib/fk/bunny.gif

KMommie
02-06-2004, 09:26 PM
In my mommy pouch, I have Infant Tylenol, Advil (for me), lip balm, work keys and Dairyzimes. :)

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03