PDA

View Full Version : A couple of Ella questions

jayhjay
02-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Ok,I have finally narrowed down my fabric choices, and now I need some help with a few things from people who have already bought theirs.

First, can you wash the changing pad if you get the vinyl on it? I like to throw my ISM pads into the wash after they get gross. Trying to decide if I should get vinyl on an Ella pad. On one hand it would keep it from getting too dirty, but on the other, I wonder if it makes it so you can throw it in the wash.

If you got vinyl inside you bag, are you happy with it? I am wondering if it would be helpful to keep those leaky sippy cups from making a mess, but I don't have it in my other bags so I am not sure if it is worth $15. I am getting a backpack, so the ability to stand up well isn't a big issue. I wonder if the vinyl would make it too stiff to be comfortable on my back?

Last, has anyone gotten the feathers on their bag? Do they shed? Or crumple on the side that is against your body? I am wondering how they wear.

I think that's it! I appreciate any thoughts from others who did research or who have gotten their bags. Thanks!

houseof3boys
02-08-2004, 09:56 PM
You know that the deadline to place the order was on Saturday, right? Maybe you contacted her privately, but I just wanted to mention it.

I wish I could answer your questions, but I just ordered last week. :)

Momof3Labs
02-08-2004, 11:25 PM
I didn't get the vinyl because I haven't had a problem with any of my other bags, and it didn't seem worth it to spend $15 to protect a $30 bag (I got the Elaine and the Caroline). I only carry water in sippy cups, though, so the potential damage from spills is fairly minimal.

Regarding the feathers, I skipped them because it seemed to make the bag less washable. Plus, I figured that my cat and my son would have more fun picking them off than anything!

jayhjay
02-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Yes, I couldn't buy through the sale b/c I just had my DD and was off line when the sign up was going on. DH is getting me a few as a birthday gift.

Momof3Labs
02-08-2004, 11:33 PM
There is going to be another group discount in another month or so, if you want to wait and save a bunch!

khakismom
02-08-2004, 11:43 PM
I ordered 2 backpacks--one is finished and on its way :)--and the other was ordered last week. When I asked Aimee about adding vinyl to the inside, she mentioned that it makes it harder to cinch the bag closed. She also mentioned that they are now going to be adding extra interfacing to all the backpacks to make them stronger. So I passed on the vinyl.

HTH some. Have fun designing your bag! :)

cchavez
02-09-2004, 10:16 AM
I got the vinyl on my bag and initially I thought it was great. But the pocket are not vinyl so the pockets are not protected from spills. I contacted amie and she said the pockets could not be covered w/ vinyl b/c the way they are sewn. I only paid 5.00 for my vinyl??? At least, I think that is all I paid. hth