PDA

View Full Version : Little Tripper version 2 or version 3? Which is better and why?

egoldber
02-11-2004, 03:27 PM
SO I have a Little Tripper now (2001 version) and I like it fine. But honestly its gotten fairly beat up and icky over the last 2 1/2 years. I'm thinking about getting a new one to replace it. I noticed LE is selling both versions on their website now. Those of you who have later versions, which do you think is better and why?

kathsmom
02-11-2004, 08:00 PM
Beth,

I have the one with the little handles with the removable strap. I don't have the other one, so I can't compare the two.

I like the one the one I got, because it has a zipper that opens really wide on the sides so I can see what is in there. I carry it by the handles mostly, since I only use it for the church nursery. It has a front pocket where you can keep cell phone, pacifiers, etc. Inside there are 2 mesh pockets on one side. One of the mesh pockets is large enough for a wipes case. On the other side of the interior is a zippered pocket. It has a key clip as well. There is an open pocket on the back of the exterior for the changing pad. A "ditty bag" comes with it too. The approximate measurements are: 11 inches long, 10 inches tall, and 4 1/2 inches deep. This is smaller than the version I bought in 2002 (I ended up selling it). I believe the other version on the website is larger than the one I have.

Oh, the interior of mine is black (exterior color is a dusty color of blue called turquoise - I think!) ). The other version has a blue interior to avoid the "black hole syndrome".

I believe that it was Sarah (sbaker) who posted pictures of the newer one and the other one side by side and showed the interior of the new one. I will try to find the thread and post it here.

ETA: here is the link to the thread with the pictures and some comments by others. http://tinyurl.com/34r9y

Melanie
02-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Does it have small handles, too, or just the shoulder strap?

egoldber
02-12-2004, 10:44 AM
LOL! Do you mean me or Toni? My 2001 version only has a shoulder strap. Right now I'm leaning toward the newest version.

parkersmama
02-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Beth, I think you should go with the newer version. The other one is one that came out less than 6 months ago but wasn't a big hit because the handles were too short and there was lots of complaining. It sounds like the new one has a nice combo of shoulder strap and handles...keeping your options open! :) If you get it, post a review!! I think dh would be in favor of me getting him a diaper bag that isn't quite so "girly" to use when he's out and about. He feels silly carrying my Bubblegum Bag which is a nice sedate brown corduroy. I don't even want to think about what he's going to say about the Provence ISM backpack making it's way to me right now! LOL!

Calmegja2
02-12-2004, 03:08 PM
I've got baby sleeping on me, but I've got both versions you're speaking of, and around here, it's hands down version three.

It's better organized, the contrast interior is a dream, and it hangs from strollers, or around me and the sling and the baby, with no troubles.....

kwc
02-13-2004, 02:00 AM
Me too!
Never had the other versions, but we got the "updated" version.... um, well, DH got it for Christmas as his non-girly bag but I promptly appropriated it. It holds a lot for the size since it is so well organized, and I use it a lot since I can wear it while slinging (but less bulky than a messenger bag) or drape it over the handles of the umbrella stroller. I find that I can put almost as much in it as my much larger but less well organized Sally Spicer bag.

It is a bit small for CDs though, so I often use it for "sposies" outings or if I only need to bring a couple of CDs.
Also, just spilled EBM on it and it wiped right off.

Karen