PDA

View Full Version : What gorgeous diaper bags you have found!

tigalig
02-13-2004, 04:37 PM
I'm new, well really old, but away from the computer alot with a 30 month old toddler. We are expanding as a family and I began shopping for diaper bags a couple of months ago. I was originally looking into the Baby Bjorn, but the reviews are awful so I decided to keep searching. I love the idea that a diaper bag does not have to look like a diaper bag (my previous two are both Lands End and while they were great at the time, I want something different this time). I'm pretty sure I'll be giving up my purse (except for runs that I can make without our children), so I want something with LOTS of pockets to keep me organized. I was about to settle on the Samsonite Traveler Series Diaper Tote (not very exciting, but has most of what I think I want) when I decided to browse this board. My, oh my, you have all been very helpful! Your posts about sizes and features have kept me on the computer for at least an hour. I'm not sure I understand the sale ending stuff on ella bags, but I'm definitely getting one. My only question (and perhaps it's a really silly one) is whether you consider your husband when you purchase a diaper bag like the ISM or Ella. Any time he goes out with our son he never takes a bag anyway, but I'm wondering just how crazy I can get in my selection.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing all of the info. you already have. Your advice and input will be greatly appreciated.

Ida U.

cchavez
02-13-2004, 05:08 PM
DH only uses the LE backpack. The others are mine!:)

jjj
02-13-2004, 05:12 PM
My DH never thinks he needs the bag. HA! He doesn't seem to mind a quick pick up of my I'MStill Me as long as he also has the baby so noone could possibly think it was actually his bag!!! LOL jj

boys2enough
02-14-2004, 12:10 AM
Although I never have had any exciting or colorful diaper bags, my dh NEVER EVER carried any of them.

When I got my Combi Urban Sling though, he declared that he would NOW help me carry my bag if I ask.

So I asked him, "Why wouldn't you help me with my older bag? It's just a black backpack (by Lands' End)!!!???" He said, "because you always had stupid baby stuff stuck in the side pockets! and I don't want to be seen carrying baby bottles or stuffed animals around!"

Go figure!

tigalig
02-14-2004, 12:17 AM
Oh that's funny. I just told my DH tonight that there are lots of other diaper bag options out there and that since he never carries it anyway, maybe we'll keep the LE little tripper for him and let me have a really nice one. He said, "oh" - don't think he'll be volunteering to carry the next one either.

Oh well, glad to know there are others out there with more than one or two diaper bags - makes me feel much better about to spend alot of money. ;)

Ida