PDA

View Full Version : is there a messenger style "purse" you recommend?

etwahl
02-15-2004, 09:24 AM
in starting to search for a new diaper bag (for the summer use) i'm wondering if i shouldn't also get a small messenger style purse? that i can throw in the diaper bag. i have a tiny one right now i bought at target just to get me by, but it's not big enough. it JUST fits my tiny wallet and that's it.

the times i need it is when i'm running into a store and just need my wallet, keys, and a place to store sunglasses, etc. but want it in a style that will stay put like the messenger bags.

are these around?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

lmariana
02-15-2004, 02:33 PM
I was just checking out Timbuk2's website, and they have a section for "small bags." You should check it out! They have a cute small, messenger bag that sounds like it would meet your needs. It's a little on the sporty side though.

For me, I like a small clutch for quick trips into the store. I have one that I "lock" onto my shopping cart by fastening the strap onto the cart handle.

Some very cute, duarable (but still a little sporty) bags can be found at www.yakpak.com. I LOVE their bags! They're cost-effective and have tons of fun styles and colors to choose from! I even use some of their larger bags as diaper bags...

Good luck with your search!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

sbjf
02-16-2004, 12:16 AM
They sell the coordinating Loom Watermelon clutch that is perfect for just those types of things. It can strap to your wrist and when it's in the Marsupial it can be clipped onto the key ring loop thingy.

As much as I'm impressed with the Timbuk2 bags I'm still favoring the Marsupial/Watermelon combo because the Marsupial seems to be more rigid, which I like, and it has little metal feet on the bottom, which I also like.

When I inquired about the ISM bags I found out that they can sell you a longer strap for the tote/backpack ISM so that you can also where it messenger style, pretty cool. I think that thread is around here somewhere and I believe the designer said that the extra strap would be less than $5. I think.