PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen or bought this bag?

jec2
02-15-2004, 09:27 PM
http://www.babyoliverboutique.com/diaper-bag-matte-vinyl-avocado.html

Any comments?

I think this is cute and large enough for us, but I didn't find anything on it in searching the archives. Don't tell me I have to buy it to see for myself. DH will shoot me if I become diaper bag obsessed. He just wants me to find something bigger than the combi US. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Calmegja2
02-15-2004, 09:34 PM
No, but I lusted after it for three weeks, and finally decided against it, but only because I was considering the black, and I don't need another black bag. I'm trying to branch out from black. ;-)

I think it looks like an amazing bag, I really do. It's so chic....
Did you look at the pics in the lifestyle gallery?

I also really like this one from Baby Oliver:

http://www.babyoliverboutique.com/swtupavidito3.html

jec2
02-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Yes, love the lifestyle gallery. It makes understanding the size of the bag so much easier. And, I do love that Sweet Tulip bag too. I just wish I could see the interior.

Are you familiar with the combi US? Do you suppose that the Glen Royal is functionally larger than the US?

houseof3boys
02-15-2004, 11:19 PM
No experience with these bags but they sure are cute Juliet! :)

ppshah
02-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Nope...but have been eyeing it for the past several weeks( along with about 10 other bags-LOL!!!). The avocado color is super cute for spring/summer. Looks pretty big by the pics and dimensions. You should get it and let us know !!!!

Calmegja2
02-16-2004, 09:10 AM
I think many bags would have to be functionally bigger than the US. I'm just not a fan. I returned mine, because it just wasn't right for me, and it was bulgy when I packed it.

I would think that bag would definitely be larger.

cma
02-16-2004, 01:18 PM
I saw this bag IRL yesterday.

My friend has the red one, but it looked more terracotta to me.

It has the main compartment (which I think was divided into two because 9 diapers were in one section and then a change of clothes were in another section), a pocket on the backside and then a pocket on the front side and then the 2 small pockets and zippered clear pocket you can see in the picture.

I'm not sure if it comes with a matching changing pad because another brand's one was in there. (However it was packed by my friend's DH because she was in the hospital having her 2nd!)

The only thing I didn't like it was that it felt a little heavy to me. It wasn't fully packed -just some disposable dipes, a change of clothes, and a couple of tubes of ointment. I'm not sure how it will feel when fully packed with sippy cups, snacks, and other stuff.

HTH

the5howards
02-26-2004, 03:39 PM
I just got the GlenRoyle bag today. I found one on ebay super cheap. I am borrowing a friends Urban Sling tommorrow. if you are still intrested I can snap some pictures for you.

My bag came with a changing pad but it is plastic and quite padded. I would probably sub another changing pad in there.

Chrissy

sbjf
02-26-2004, 05:02 PM
I think it looks cool. If I were a tote person I'd go with this one because of it's sturdy, cleanable fabric and cool look.

jec2
02-26-2004, 07:58 PM
Chrissy,

Wow, thanks for the offer. Let's hold off for now because I think I am going to get a bag from the diaper bag co-op and sadly, diaperbags.com doesn't sell this one. If I need the comparison in the future, I'll know you're the gal. But, how do you like it? What color did you get. It looks like it is so well organized. Please give me some details when you get the chance. I'd love to hear more.

the5howards
02-26-2004, 08:37 PM
Mine is the red and it has a cream vinyl inner. I think I am going to enjoy it. I prefer the messenger style but I have been on a diaper buying spree lately. I am hoping this will be a good larger trip bay bag. I have yet to put anything in it, but size wise it seems prefect. I love the front flap as a changing station.

My current purchases incluse the Glenroyal, a Kate spade messenger , The alpha 7, possibly a Loom but I might wait til the co-op, and LE tote for Church. Not bad to add to my growing statsh.

burkesilver
03-04-2004, 12:29 AM
I also had this bag & returned it. I felt that is was very heavy even when empty. Ended up getting a Loom Marsupial instead.

wdland45
03-11-2004, 04:30 PM
I just picked up this bag and before I really commit to it, I was wondering if you had used it yet, and if you liked it?
TIA

Danielle, Mom to Alex, 12.03.01 and Brian, 7.27.03

the5howards
03-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Its is probably a good all day bag but its just not my favorite. It does seem a little on the heavy side and inside there are only two pockets. Would you like me to pack it and tacke a pic? I choose my Alpha 7 or Chester bag over it every time.
Chrissy