PDA

View Full Version : Cute LL Bean spring colors - good diaper bag perhaps!

toomanystrollers
02-19-2004, 01:57 PM
Take a look:

http://tinyurl.com/2uqyy

Granted there's not a lot of interior pockets - but for the price ($18 & $24), I'd bet they would be a nice alternative :)

BTW, the colors look a lot brighter in my catalog vs. their website.

Calmegja2
02-19-2004, 02:12 PM
That's cool. Love the colors. So springy. The lilac!

At Younkers today, they had a darling floral tote, and it even had two outside pockets that screamed sippy cup to me.

It wasn't a diaper bag, but it may have to be assimiliated into one. ;-)

caleymama
02-19-2004, 02:59 PM
I was just looking at that online this morning. It is cute! It's hard to think spring with 2 feet of snow on the ground, but I'm trying!

khakismom
02-19-2004, 06:35 PM
I actually have the medium on order in blue sky/apple green! :)

toomanystrollers
02-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Maureen,
Please post "details" when your bag arrives :)

TIA

khakismom
02-19-2004, 07:40 PM
Oh absolutely Pam! :)

kathsmom
02-19-2004, 09:29 PM
Maureen!

Aren't you getting 2 Ella bags? And now you have ordered one of these? Stop torturing me with your increasing diaper bag collection! ;) I am SO jealous!

Hmmmm, I do have an LLBean credit card and I have about $40 worth of coupons and I always get free shipping, sooooo technically, I wouldn't be actually "buying" a new diaper bag if I got one of these. That way when I do eventually get an Ella, ISM, and/or a Loom, DH can't complain too much! See, now I am trying to rationalize my purchases! The true sign of someone who has gone off the deep end.

I really do think I need a 12 step program. But, I am going to try using CDs, so I will need a larger diaper bag anyway. I am just so bad!

Calmegja2
02-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Toni...

Does it help if I tell you I bought two purses today? At the same time? (we need a paperbag over the head emoticon)

A pink one and a blue one. I went in for one pastel, and came out with two.

I've lost my ever lovin' mind. The sunshine and the balmy weather made me giddy....

So embrace the diaperbag collection. Feel the diaperbag love. DOn'r fight it.....LOL! ;-)

kathsmom
02-19-2004, 11:16 PM
Jessica,

ROTFL! I do feel a little better now! Did you get an Ella bag? I know you just got a Timbuk 2 bag. And now 2 purses to add to your collection! I am dying to get one of those jelly purses after you posted it awhile back. I did see one at mommyshop.com, but it wasn't the Besso brand.

I agree - it's been a "balmy" 60 degrees here and we had sunshine for the first time in a long time! I am afraid of what I am going to do with my credit card now that spring is coming! I hear several websites and stores calling my name! I am ready to buy some Hanna clothes for the kids (I have never ordered from them), get a Loom/ISM/Ella/Timbuk2 bag, and go on a shopping spree for new clothes, makeup, and home decor. However, DH likes to remind me that we want to move to a larger home. I've really tried to be good, especially since we've have had a lot of home improvement projects to pay for (and have a few more to do). Hmmmm, new home or diaper bags? Which should I choose?

Can I duck under the paper bag with you?LOL!

khakismom
02-19-2004, 11:51 PM
LOL Toni! I can't seem to help it, I am a purse/diaper bag JUNKIE!!

(As for the Ellas, I got my first one and love it, and finally am getting around to posting pix of it so you have to check out my new thread and tell me what you think! :)) Thanks sweetie!

houseof3boys
02-19-2004, 11:51 PM
Always get free shipping....do tell my dear!!!!

houseof3boys
02-19-2004, 11:52 PM
You are a bad bad girl!!!

Shopaholics anonymous should be contacting you shortly.:)

the5howards
02-20-2004, 12:29 AM
>Always get free shipping....do tell my dear!!!!

If you have the LLbean Visa you always get free shipping when ordering from LLBean.

kathsmom
02-20-2004, 12:41 AM
Debbi,

I have an LL Bean Visa card, so I get free shipping (and I *think* free monagramming) when I order from LL Bean. I also get points on all my purchases and when I reach $10 in points, I get a coupon/certificate towards a purchase at LL Bean. Right now, I have $40 in coupons to use up! :)

I also just got a Visa card from Bloomingdale's that gives me points towards coupons for purchases at Bloomingdale's. I know that I probably shouldn't have gotten the Bloomie's Visa, but with the sale they had after Christmas, plus a discount for opening an account, I couldn't resist!

Calmegja2
02-20-2004, 09:32 AM
Toni...

Yup. I got the T2 which I love, but a girl needs spring colors in her wardrobe. They were cute little 9West purses in a yummy pink and a clear blue.

I rationalized that because I was looking at the coach bags in those colors, but didn't buy them, that not only could I get two, I was actually saving money. ;-)

I know, I know...

When are you thinking of moving? We agonized between remodeling and moving, decided to move, and made a contingent offer on a house, which we had to release on Tuesday (we've owned two houses before, and I'm not in favor of doing it again)....so I feel like we have to start all over in the decision making process. Frustrating, to say the least.

So maybe bags are therapy? ;-) Don't answer that.

kathsmom
02-20-2004, 11:58 AM
Jessica,

I am going to have to check out those 9 West bags! They sound absolutely adorable! I agree - you saved yourself a lot of money by buying 2 of the 9 West bags instead of the Coach bag! Did you ever get the Besso bag that you were looking at? I think that Trista gave one to her bridesmaids when she married Ryan. I know - I am such a magazine junkie!

We had thought of putting our current home on the market this spring. We live in a school cluster that has a fabulous high school, so I don't think we would have too much trouble selling our home. We have a 3 bedroom/2 bath ranch and we would like a slightly larger home with a better floor plan. We went and looked at a neighborhood that is a little further out and we loved the model home. We put our names down to buy the model home (but we are under no obligation to buy it). The agent on duty said that usually they sell the model home for what the going rate is for the same house plan, but with the model home, we would get all the upgrades and not have to pay for them. She also said that she thought that the price included the furnishings. At the moment, the house plan is in our price range, but who knows how much it will increase by the time they get ready to sell it. Katherine was overjoyed, because she loved the little girl's room. She kept saying "Buy it now! Buy it now before someone else gets it!" We are first on the list to buy the model home, but they won't be ready to sell for about another 8 months. We are just trying to decide which area we want to live in. Ideally, we would be in a great school cluster, close to church, and close to Katherine's school (she goes to a small private school). I am so sorry that you had to release the house you made an offer on. I had some friends here who had to do the same thing. They were disappointed, but they are looking at the bright side - there must be something better for them out there.

Good luck with your house hunting!