PDA

View Full Version : Medela Pump in Style Traveler Backpack as a diaper bag???

ppshah
02-20-2004, 12:38 AM
Anyone use their Medela Pump in style Traveler Backback as a diaper bag. I'm not really a backpack person- but I do remember I liked this bag back when I was breastfeeding. I even was asked several times where I got my bag from and people were shocked to discover it was a breastpump!!!Now that I'm not pumping, it's been sitting in the basement. Well I brought it out tonight and removed all the breastfeeding/pumping stuff and it might work as a diaper bag.

It has 2 big compartments. The bottom compartment I packed as a "diapers area" It fit 4 size 4 diapers, a huggies disposable changing pad, and a travel wipes case. They're a small netted pocket that I put a plastic bag for "dirties". The top compartment is larger and could be the "snacks" area. There's a small pocket inside this compartment as well. I velcroed the battery pouch on the shoulder strap to use for keys and there's a small zipper pocket on the side that's perfect for cell phone. There's also a pocket on the back for your wallet. And it's an easy to clean fabric!!! The padded shoulder straps are super comfy too.

Just a thought- since I'm a diaper bag junkie now- this was a way to get my "fix" without spending any money. LOL!!! Well I should try it and see how it works.

gracelynne
02-20-2004, 04:47 PM
We use our backpack as our stay-in-the car emergency diaper bag! The bottom compartment (where the motor used to be) contains a pack of wipes and a tube of Aquaphor. The top is filled with diapers. The back pocket holds a bunch of disposable changing pads (actually incontinence pads we got at a local drug store) and I've put a few Lansinoh breast pads in the zippered side pocket.

I'm still pumping, but since I don't use the Medela bottles/cooler and I leave the motor at work, I stopped carrying the backpack(horns/Avent adaptors and cooler bag with Avent bottles fit into my briefcase). I hated wasting it, so I was happy to transform it into a diaper bag.