PDA

View Full Version : got my new Lands End diaper tote!

sadie427
02-20-2004, 10:57 AM
Went ahead and ordered one of these as I've been looking for a larger bag and didn't see any others I liked within my budget. It's the new "large tailored tote," in black, for around $40. Overall I'm very happy with it. The big feature is how organized it is--three zip compartments, all with pockets; two hook-thingies, one for keys and one for a pacifier; a waterproof pouch that snaps in, which I use for solids feeding stuff (small, but fits bib, spoon, a jar or two of food and a cloth); a "dirty duds bag" like in other LE bags; and a great changing pad with two zip compartments in it to hold wipes.

Downsides--it's nice-looking, but not quite as cute as the picture. I think partly it's that the handles are webbing rather than the same nylon/microfiber as the bag. And perhaps the other colors would be cuter. I got a new catalog with my order, and the colors of the other bags are different than the website showed when I placed my order--looks like the pink bag has khaki handles and bottom, and the navy bag is more of a medium blue, with light blue handles and bottom. And it's quite large--sort of on the edge of being too large for everyday. I got it more for travel and for when we're gone for the whole day anyway though. But the organization features are so great I may be tempted to carry it all the time (or to get a second smaller one in pink!) And for the price, it certainly has a lot of features.

houseof3boys
02-20-2004, 12:44 PM
Cool. Post a pic of you wearing it when you have time, I'd love to see it on.

Thanks for the review.

jec2
02-20-2004, 01:51 PM
Yes, please post some pics of you wearing it and of of the intereior (their pics don't help much!)

tigalig
02-21-2004, 05:56 PM
Susan, I'm so glad to read your report on these. I just saw them last night as I was thumbing through their kids catalog. Organizational features are always a plus! Thanks for sharing your review.

Ida