PDA

View Full Version : what diaper bag do you like to use when you are travelling?

etwahl
02-21-2004, 09:07 PM
we have to do quite a few flying trips this year, so i was just wondering what people like to use when they travel?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

khakismom
02-22-2004, 07:48 PM
When flying, I prefer either the Baby Trend ActivPak backpack, or a Land's End dipe bag (I have the Multiple Tot Tote). The ActivPak has awesome compartments, room for *everything*, plus is hands-free (since it's a backpack). The LE bags are awesome for traveling because there is so much room in them. Before these, I would travel with a messenger bag so that I could sling it over 1 shoulder and not have to monkey with always keeping it on my shoulder. HTH! :)

Kimberly H
02-22-2004, 09:43 PM
LE Deluxe Diaper backpack for me! We used it as our carryon both to and from China and it carried everything Mia needed for the international flight as well as both domestic flights. I didn't have (much) trouble finding things either.

It's too big for using every day so it stays in my car as the emergency bag and we'll use it again on vacation.

boys2enough
02-22-2004, 09:51 PM
I had an LE backpack diaper bag with DS1. I liked it becuase it's hand-free, roomy with a lot of compartment. Then I have no idea what came over me, I sold it! I immediately regreted it when we had to fly again, now with 2 kids! I just got an LE all-terrain backpack that's on overstock sale, and plan to use it for our long trip to Taiwan.

My feeling is mixed about backpack actually: on one hand, it is very roomy and frees up my hands; on the other hand, after shoving everything inside the big bag, I often have trouble finding things. I guess no bag is perfect? Good luck on flying with DD. Maybe girls are not crazy loud monkeys like my boys? lol Cheers, Lin

Ami
02-23-2004, 02:10 AM
Ami

Hi,

Baby Sherpa is the best. It has room for snacks for the kids and you. Bottles for baby, room for vieo camera, digital camera, your gear and baby's all in one. It is super comfy and the only thing that my friends with children and I will fly with.

Ami

lmariana
02-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Another vote for the Sherpa! I use this bag for long trips when I know I'm going to be out and about all day. This is our Disney diaper bag. :) Our son is 6 mo., and it will fit TONS of diapers, a whole can of formula, empty bottles, bottled water, baby food jars, extra changes of clothes (for baby and parents), and even a full-size tub of wipes. It's main selling point is it's insulated cooler section, which has kept pre-mixed bottles cool for over 8 hours in our experience (with the help of a few ice packs of course). Even better, it fits in our stroller basket, just in case my back wants a break! I also like all of the exterior pockets and the bungee cord. They are great for keeping frequently used items in close proximity.

Some cons for me are it's overly sporty design. I don't want to look like I'm climbing Everest everytime I go on vacation! Also, given it's large size, I find myself packing "changes to go" kits inside. I take a gallon size Ziploc bag and toss in a diaper and a smaller ziploc with a few wipes in it. I keep a few of these in there so I can just grab a kit and go when we have to do a change in the often crowded and small restrooms. Taking the whole bag in would just be too bulky and akward.

Hope this helps!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

etwahl
02-23-2004, 10:13 AM
that's one frustrating thing. they're all black inside, making it hard to find anything. ugh!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

lmariana
02-23-2004, 10:19 AM
Actually, the Sherpa has a gray interior, which is better, but not the best. I love the light blue interiors I've seen on some bags!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

RiaHannam
02-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Whether flying or driving I usually reach for my trusty Kelty DayPack bag. It's great to have the option of using it as a backpack (though I tend to just carry it on my shoulder with one strap or the shoulder strap) but DH uses it as a backpack. He tends to carry it when we use it (at amusement parks or trudging through the airport). I find it holds all that we need without being too huge and it's very sturdy.

We are headed to San Diego in June and plan on using that for our trip (driving). I barely have to think twice about that decision!

cinrein
02-23-2004, 03:55 PM
When we travel to visit family for a long weekend, my Mackenzie Kids backpack is my diaper bag of choice. I'm not normally a backpack kind of girl, but I need a huge bag when we travel. If the bag is huge, I prefer it hanging off my back than off my shoulder.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03