PDA

View Full Version : My Ella-Bag is here!

sweetbasil
02-22-2004, 07:49 PM
It just got here Friday late afternoon, and this was my first chance to take pics and post...it's bigger than I anticipated (as others have said), but I love it. I ended up getting vinyl inside (thanks, Christine, for the real-life review) and a little wet bag, which is too cute. I wish I had a wet-bag to match all my bags ;)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2742.jpg
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2743.jpg
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2744.jpg

jasabo
02-22-2004, 07:56 PM
How pretty! I love the fabrics you chose. They're beautiful, and look really great together. I noticed that stripe on their website and thought about using it for the bag I just ordered. I ended up getting a solid, but now I'm second guessing myself. Hmmmm....I may just have to get a second one...

Enjoy your new bag!
Lisa

khakismom
02-22-2004, 07:59 PM
Julie, we may just have to trade bags! I LOVE IT! :) It is gorgeous!! I love the fabrics you picked--it is a stunning bag. Are you ready for spring now, because your bag sure is! :) (Plus, you are going to get tons of compliments on this bag!)

papal
02-22-2004, 08:26 PM
Julie!!!! That is my dream bag!!! Those were the two exact fabrics i was looking at! It is gorgeous.. the fabrics go together perfectly! If you ever want to swap.. let me know!!!

wendinbill
02-22-2004, 08:48 PM
That bag is GORGEOUS!!!!! Great pics...I'm looking at the Elaine style. Now I'm second guessing...lol!!

wearing pjs
02-22-2004, 09:01 PM
love it!

could someone please post the website url? i'm hoping they deliver to canada.....

thanks....t.

momtoemma
02-22-2004, 09:04 PM
Julie,

I love your bag! It makes me want to order another in a more springy print! I have just started using my Caroline tote bag as a purse, and I really like the size. I can't wait until Ella does another group discount, so I can order more!

bluej
02-22-2004, 09:04 PM
I have really loved everyone's bags and they have all made me so indecisive b/c they are all so pretty, but honestly, hands down, yours is the prettiest (IMO)! Now I'm off to order the large toiletry tote bag (caroline size, vinyl interior, 7 interior pockets, $35) in the sky flower burst fabric!

Momof3Labs
02-22-2004, 09:50 PM
www.ella-bags.com

Julie, that is great, and so summery!!

houseof3boys
02-23-2004, 01:03 AM
Julie it is really pretty!! You are going to get tons of compliments on this bag. Great choice. :)

Thanks for the pics.

lmladuke
02-23-2004, 11:24 AM
Your bag is so pretty! The print fabric in your photos looks soo much prettier than it did on the ella-bag site. I have a question - did you pick the coordinating stripe yourself or did they recommend it? I am so confused as t which fabric I like - and which ones to put with which, so it would be nice to know if they make recommendations on custom bags.

Enjoy it!

Lori

sweetbasil
02-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Hi, Lori~
Thanks for the compliments- I'm really pleased w/the bag. I picked the stripe, then asked Aimee with Ella-Bags if she thought it matched/coordinated well...she said she thought they were made for each other, and when I checked the link (maybe from papal?) to the fabric site where the prints came from, they were all grouped together like that. I knew I wanted coordinating piping and vinyl inside, and left it to Aimee's professional expertise to pick the colors. I couldn't be more pleased.

Know that Aimee is really great at offering advice, and was more than willing to dream up a bag with me.

HTH,

lmladuke
02-23-2004, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the response, that was helpful. One more question - why did you choose vinyl inside? I have read mixed reviews on the vinyl - do you like it?

Lori

sweetbasil
02-23-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm a mess, and am always getting leaks/spills/crumbs in the bottom of my bags, which when combined, makes a sticky, gooey mess. So the vinyl will be perfect for wiping the bag out when these inevitable mishaps strike :)

cvharris
02-23-2004, 04:31 PM
Julie - it looks great! You did an awesome job picking fabrics! It's so pretty!

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

blnony
02-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Julie--
That is one beautiful bag!! It looks so Springy!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!
I like the pink inside. And the stripes...I am really in love with bag. :D

partyof5
02-23-2004, 06:19 PM
I love your bag. It looks great! I ordered the Sky Flower bursts but with the sky pink red stripe in the Lily. I can't wait to get mine!

~Cindy mommy to...
Isabella (11/1999)
Sophia (10/2001)
Ethan (4/2003)

Melanie
02-23-2004, 06:28 PM
That is beautiful!

doubleL
02-24-2004, 01:25 AM
Too cute!!! I love it! What style is it?

Lou

sweetbasil
02-24-2004, 07:03 AM

The bag is a backpack style, with Sky Flower Bursts fabric on top and Kiwi Sky Pink Stripe on bottom.

doubleL
02-24-2004, 02:25 PM
Okay, blushing and feeling incredibly stupid for not realizing that was a backpack! Saying I'm new to the Ella bag thing doesn't even comfort me. So how about that I was surfing late last night and apparently should have been getting some much needed sleep... nope... still feel really really dumb.

You are kind.

:)

Lou

deborah_r
02-24-2004, 07:12 PM
Lou,

If it's any comfort, I was going to ask what style, and I did not realize it was a backpack!! I'm still trying to get my footing with all these bags. I didn't even use a purse for about half of my adult life.

OK, that wasn't very comforting, was it?!? :)

sweetbasil
02-24-2004, 11:02 PM
Well, it would have probably helped if I would've mentioned it was a backpack to begin with...sorry, mamas!