PDA

View Full Version : Got my Ella bag

nitaghei
02-24-2004, 10:35 AM
Actually - I got it last Friday, but I finally packed it. And I was hoping to post pics, but still don't have any.

This is what I got:

Lily, 28" straps, tear-away snap to hold the straps together, zipper closure.
Black geo squares body (this is actually really nice for spring - there's lots of white in the pattern, and it looks very crisp - the picture on the site does not do it justice)
Black base
Hot pink piping
Hot pink interior
Extra pockets. My bag has 8 pockets - 4 with elastic, 4 without. Which is strange- I thought it was a total of 6, 3 are standard, and can add 3.
Straps are black and hot pink.
I should have gone with a slightly less vibrant pink. A medium pink would look nicer, I think.

It is very lightweight - which is a plus for me. I did not get extra interfacing or vinyl, but the bag stands on its own. The straps are a little narrower than other bags - which is a plus for me, since I have narrow shoulders and I finally have a bag where the straps don't keep sliding off. And it's really well-made. Overall, it's a great bag for what I paid ($44).

I'm really glad I got the Lily - the Elaine would definitely have been too small for me. I'm using it for work during the week, so I have all my stuff (papers, lunch bag, ISIS, Filofax etc) and some of DS's stuff in there as well. It was really easy to organize everything.

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

cchavez
02-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Sounds like a great bag! Can't wait to see pics!

khakismom
02-24-2004, 02:19 PM
Ohh Nita, it sounds so pretty. I so hope you can post pix, I am dying to see the Geo Squares, and it sounds like such a fun bag! :)

doubleL
02-24-2004, 02:28 PM
Sounds great! Can't wait to see it.

Lou

etwahl
02-24-2004, 02:32 PM
nita, can you post a picture of you HOLDING the bag also? i love seeing that view :)

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

papal
02-24-2004, 04:02 PM
Nita!! Pictures please whenever you get time!!! Sounds very pretty... i loved those geo squares.. i usually stick to blacks and earth tones but for the Ella i decided to go with colored stripes.. hope i don't regret it!

nitaghei
02-25-2004, 02:46 PM
Okay - took some pics and will try to post in a day or so. But I just noticed that there a picture of the new bag style with Geo squares/pink on the Ella homepage - except that it is a lighter pink than mine, and actually looks better, IMO.

www.ella-bags.com

I'm really glad I got the piping instead of the custom band I'd originally planned - just enough for a shot of color without being too much.

edited to correct typo in URL

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

houseof3boys
02-25-2004, 02:56 PM
Nita!!! I am so excited you got it, I hope mine gets here soon.

Post pics since our bags are so similar (me red - you pink) and I am dying to see mine.

I'm glad you like it!!!!! :)