PDA

View Full Version : How long do you use cart covers?

Melanie
02-24-2004, 07:15 PM
I had a horribly cheapo one for Ds when he was new to sitting that got thrown away b/c I was so sick of it not fitting the carts. I didn't know about the WAHM ones. Especially with cold & flu season I still hate him riding in carts and use a stroller whenever my shopping is small so I can use the stroller basket.

Is 2 too old for cart cover?

caleymama
02-24-2004, 08:41 PM
DD is almost 18 months and it's actually only recently that we began using one. I made one a couple of months ago (WAHM style) to replace the awful velcro one that we had been using. It didn't cover hardly anything, the velcro always got stuck together ... I could go on and on. I really like having one and anticipate that we'll be using it a while longer.

tigalig
02-24-2004, 10:59 PM
I just received one from cover4kids for our new baby (coming from overseas in three months) and I realized that my almost-three year old could certainly use it. It all depends what your reason is for the cover. I had a small one (secure me seat, I believe) when he was first sitting up and I used it to keep him from mouthing the shopping cart bars. After he stopped doing that, I stopped using it (plus he outgrew it), but lately I have been noticing that the crud in the shopping carts is pretty disgusting and I might try the cover with him to see if he'd stand it. I'm sure it's just a matter of preference (yours).

Ida