PDA

View Full Version : Another shopping cart cover question - somewhat related to ella bag

tigalig
02-24-2004, 11:05 PM
I am hoping to get in on the next ella bag sale, but I'm going to buy a smaller bag now while we wait for our baby girl to be ready to travel (just found out about her - she's in Korea). I found a website that sells the girls & kitten fabric available on ella bags. I thought it would be really neat to have a shopping cart cover match my small ella bag! So now my question is which cover is better, cover4kids (already have one that doesn't match anything) or buggybags? I know snazzy is recommended too, but I'm not sure I like the look as much as the other two. I would need to have it custom made and this ella bag obsession makes me think it's worth it so any input on which cover you have and how much you like it or not like it will be appreciated. BTW I have assured DH that it's essential that everything match. ;-)

Ida

Momof3Labs
02-24-2004, 11:49 PM
First you might ask if you can get a cover custom made from your fabric - not everyone will do it, so that might make your decision for you. Anyways, the covers4kids covers and the buggybagg are two pretty different products, even aside from price. The buggybagg is much thicker, and seems hit or miss whether it fits in restaurant high chairs. The covers4kids cover (we have one) is much thinner but fits well on almost all shopping carts and high chairs.

tigalig
02-25-2004, 12:08 AM
Thanks, Lori. That's a good point and I have checked with both companies and they will both custom make the covers (actually so will snazzy, but I don't think I want that design). I did not realize that the buggybag would not fit over all seats. I only have the other so that's really good to know.

Ida

houseof3boys
02-25-2004, 12:32 AM
Besides asking about the fabric and if they will do it (as Lori recommended), remember that your new Ella will be one bag. If you hang around these boards long enough, you will have more than one so it might not match your cart cover!!! :)

Just keep that in mind as you are shopping around for all of the matchy matchy stuff. There have been a few things that I wanted to match and now I don't even use the stuff that was so important that it match. :)

sweetbasil
02-25-2004, 01:05 PM
We have a shopping cart cover from www.babyalacart.com and had it made out of fabric that we supplied...so that's always another option, if you like their cover style.

HTH,

missliss55
02-25-2004, 02:45 PM
I also have a baby a la cart and it was custom made. It was super easy. Just send them your fabric. Their customer service was excellent. I just love our cover. It is so nice and thick. The padding is great.

Melissa and Emma (4/16/03)