PDA

View Full Version : Okay..Sally Spicer wholesale co-op???

firsttimemommy
02-25-2004, 12:29 PM
First let me say that I am sooooo grateful to Tammy and to everyone else on these BBB boards who go to all the trouble to set up buying co-ops for us! I LOVE IT! (although my DH and pocketbook are complaining!!)

Anyway, I was reading the Loom Marsupial/diaperbags.com co-op thread (I plan on getting a Loom if the deal is good) and saw that someone posted that they KNOW the Sally Spicer company will do 50% off with a wholesale order of $250 or more - that sounds SOOOOO awesome - it wouldn't be hard to get $250 together I'm sure. And at 50% off, I could get a Loom AND a Spicer!

I do NOT want to step on anyone's toes AT ALL or seem greedy, and I am sure it would be best to wait and see how the other co-op pricing turns out on the Spicer bags...... but my thoughts (kinda thinking out loud here) were maybe to do a seperate coop with Spicer IF the other coop can't match 50% discount on the Spicer bags (which they prob can't b/c understandably they have to make a little money as a retailer)

So we could order Looms, OiOi's, Fleurvilles, etc. through the co-op with diaperbags.com that is already started and do the Spicer as a seperate one through the Spicer company itself?

Any thoughts? Please please please I hope I am not offending anyone who has worked SO HARD to put together the current coops. Obviously we'd have to verify from Spicer about the deal and I would be happy to spearhead it IF and WHEN everyone feels it is OK?

I just saw that post about the Spicer wholesale and my mind starting spinning and was dreaming of a Spicer at 50% off - I want a backpack!

Ronda
Mommy to Jenna born 1/10/03
and Jacob due 4/28/04

etwahl
02-25-2004, 01:43 PM
ronda, of course you're not offending me, that's for sure. Hey, if you can get 50% off sally spicer, i'll get one too :)

can you find out for sure if that's possible or not FOR SURE? because if that is for sure, i can certainly ask the diaperbags.com rep if they can match it. but i would need to know for sure. are you able to find out?

and if diaperbags.com can't match it, then i say let's do something within this group FOR SURE! that's a GREAT savings.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

firsttimemommy
02-25-2004, 02:13 PM
Hey Tammy :)

Good, I am so glad it would be ok!!! I emailed Spicer and am waiting for a response. I am trying not to get my hopes up too high, but oh wouldn't that be wonderful to get 50% off?

If they don't email me back today, I may just call them tomorrow!

Talk to you soon,
Ronda
and Jacob due 4/28/04

firsttimemommy
02-25-2004, 04:17 PM
I got a fast response, but they said no - here is the reply:

"Thank you for your interest in Sally Spicer. Unfortunately we do not participate in any co-op programs. We sell our products strictly to retail stores. If you are interested in the baby bag, I would suggest visiting our website to see if there is a store in your town. If not you can find our baby bags at one of our on-line retailers.

Again, thank you for your interest in Sally Spicer."

I can understand - I really would have been suprised if they could do it - most bigger companies prob.have to do it the "real" way b/c of their retailers. But it was worth a shot!!!

Obviously we will have much better luck going with a retailer that discounts (like Tammy is already doing, or like the Kettler coop recently)

Sorry!
Ronda
and Jacob due 4/28/04

myllam
02-25-2004, 05:13 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to say thank you for trying! It would have been awesome to get that kind of discount. It never hurts to ask right :)

And thanks Tammy for doing the diaperbags co-op!

Monica

newmommah2004
03-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Hello all,

Very new to message boards and what co-ops are. I'm assuming that you contact the seller and buy in bulk to get a discount. Am I right?

How does this work and would I be able to participate? Sounds like a great deal!

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Susana