PDA

View Full Version : Calmegja2-you wear same slings as me- which messengers and totes to you carry?

kkb99
02-25-2004, 10:49 PM
I should mention that this is my first time on the diaper bag board here (was referred here from the BB slings board) and I am pretty overwhelmed just looking through the current posts! I've never heard of any of these bags. I moved to a backpack style diaper bag back in 1998 when my second kid was born, and that's what I've used since. My current everyday bag is the Lands End day tripper sized diaper bag (so not the big one). But this does not work well with my slings, since it really won't work on the shoulder the sling is on, and the weight is all wrong to try to have it on just the one shoulder. Since I am clueless as to wear to start looking for messengers or totes, was wondering if you could steer me in a good direction?

Thanks so much
Kristen

nitaghei
02-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Not Calmegja2 but:

Try the LE messenger or tote. I have the LE messenger and it works really well with slings. I have the following slings: Hotsling, MnM pouch and Rev. Jan's ring sling. I found my Ella bag is okay with the sling too, so I'm assuming that the LE tote - one of the new bags - should be fine.

Another messenger style that might work is the Timbuk2 bag. I think that Beth has one and she uses slings a lot. I played with it at a store the other day, and it should work (tried it with my MnM pouch) for most people. I found the shoulder strap too broad for me.

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

Calmegja2
02-26-2004, 11:32 AM
My Timbuk2 is my favorite messenger. I tried a Loom in the store the other day with the Zolo on, and it was good placement, as well. I also wear the updated Little Tripper from LE as a messenger, and I'm very pleased with the straps, and how it goes on my shoulder.

Totewise, my very, very favorite is a Kenneth Cole Reaction Baby Bag. The drop is absolutely perfect to tuck.

Hope that helps!

kkb99
02-26-2004, 05:26 PM
Thank you both so much for the suggestions!! A couple of questions:

- don't see the LE messenger. Am I just over looking it?
- how is the Timbuk2 as a diaper bag? Which size do you have? How did it compare to the Loom you just looked at?
-how do you like the updated LE little tripper?

One thing I'm also wondering about all these bags (esp the ones that aren't designated diaper bags, like the Timbuk2) is does it have various compartments, are things easily accessible (esp things like my keys, wallet, cell phone).

Thanks so much! I'm going on a trip to SF next week and need a bag! Going to post a separate question next about recommended sight seeing bags....

Kristen

Calmegja2
02-26-2004, 06:14 PM
I don't think they make the LE messenger anymore....

My T2 has a middle compartment, and little spots to put things out the wazoo. Mamahill has pics posted here, she and I have the same size, the PeeWee.

Here:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=2771&mesg_id=2771&page=3

I liked the Loom. I really did. I thought it was sleek and and hip, and smart on the inside. And it hung on my stroller nicely.

This is going to sound weird, but the only real problem I had with it was the strap. I wasn't sure I was sold on the grommeting on the strap, and the bag didn't lay as flat on me as my T2, did. My disclaimer would be I couldn't pack it in the store the way I normally would, though. I used small items in the store to see what it would be like.

I like the redone Little Tripper. Is it the epitome of chic? No. But it is very smartly done inside, very smartly, and the contrast color is brilliant. That bag has great ideas, and a place for everything. So I really like it.