PDA

View Full Version : Need help fast! Trip to SF next week with baby:which bag, what size to take

kkb99
02-26-2004, 05:43 PM
I currently use a LE backpack diaper bag, which is the size of a little tripper (so a smaller backpack- they don't seem to have it now when I just looked at the site). When I need a bigger bag, like on a day trip, plane trip, etc, I have a bigger backpack diaper bag, which I think is Baby Trend. I am wondering what size bag would you guys recommend for me and a baby to tour around San Francisco? My dh will mostly be at meetings, so I need to be pretty self sufficient and comfy. I plan to tote baby around either in my Combi Savvy Z (because it is so lightweight and compact to carry onto public transportation) or in one of my slings (Zolo and KKAFP). Problems with my current diaper bags- the small diaper bag is a bit small for more than short outings, and the big one is awefully big for just me and baby. The other thing is that the backpack style does not work well when slinging since you can't really put it on the shoulder with the sling, and the weight doesn't lay on you right if you one arm it.

So far I'm looking at the LE updated little tripper bag, Loom (though I'd hate to get it and miss the co-op deal!), Timbuk2 as per suggestions from my last post. I noticed there's lots of stores that sell the Timbuk2 in SF- maybe buying one right after I get there would be a good option???

I'm expecting that I'll probably go out on mostly half day excursions, but maybe a few all day. Oh, and baby will be almost 5 months old.

Thank you so much!!

Kristen