PDA

View Full Version : New Loom Bag!!!!

sbaker
02-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Johanna just sent me these pix of the new Bandicoot bag. I must have one! Any news on the Loom co-op???

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2882.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2883.jpg

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to:
Rayce 02/09/02
Charlye 12/20/03

etwahl
02-26-2004, 07:57 PM
cool! thanks sara.

last time i talked to him, he expected the promotion to start the first week of march...which would be next week! i'll talk to him this weekend for an update.

does that show the clutch purse attached? is that what the green part is? or is that part of the bag? do you know if it's bigger or smaller than the marsupial?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

sbjf
02-26-2004, 08:27 PM
That is cool looking. It looks a wee bit smaller than the Marsupial to me, but I don't know if it is in reality.

I definitely need more information on this one though. What other colors will it come in? Is that the green part the 'clutch' and if so, how does it look without the diaper bag/how does the diaper bag look without the clutch, how easy/hard is it to attach/detach from the diaper bag?

Very interesting for sure! Thanks for posting this! Can't wait to read more about it and see more pics of it on the Loom Life website! Oh and I wonder what the price will be like.

jasabo
02-26-2004, 09:37 PM
OMG!! I LOVE this bag!! This is exactly what I've been looking for - a messenger/backpack bag that's not too big and bulky. I love the little bag that's attached - I'm assuming it's detachable?

I'm so excited! I hope this is included in the co-op deal! Thank you for posting the pictures!

Lisa - mom to 8 month old twin boys

boys2enough
02-26-2004, 10:41 PM
Thank you for the pictures! I am sitting here drooling. lol. Do you know how much it's selling for? I am thinking I can ask for one as combined presents for my birthday, anniversary, and Christmas...

Can't wait to hear more. This bag looks awesome! And some of us are going to be the first ones to own this totally cool bag. Get ready for people's oooos and ahhhs. :)

Cheers, Lin

sbjf
02-26-2004, 10:50 PM
I'm just wondering what possessed Johanna to name it 'bandicoot'? I looked it up on websters.com and here is what the definition is:

ban·di·coot ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bnd-kt)n.

Any of several large rats of the genera Bandicota and Nesokia of southeast Asia.

Any of several ratlike marsupials of the family Peramelidae, of Australia and adjacent islands, that feed on insects and plants and have a long, tapering snout and elongated hind legs.

and:

bandicoot

\Ban"di*coot\, n. [A corruption of the native name.] (Zo["o]l.) (a) A species of very large rat (Mus giganteus), found in India and Ceylon. It does much injury to rice fields and gardens. (b) A ratlike marsupial animal (genus Perameles) of several species, found in Australia and Tasmania.

I still love the bag of course, just kind of a weird name!

lerlerler
02-26-2004, 10:57 PM
I'm guessing that because the Bandicoot (the animal) is a marsupial.. it carries it's young in a pouch in the front.

Since this bag has a little pouch that is carried on the front of the bag.....

but, I could be wrong!

heidi_timms
02-27-2004, 04:01 AM
Great, I'm drooling...This is way cute!! I wonder what the inside looks like?
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

JennyA
02-27-2004, 07:17 AM
Sounds like she is going with the marsupial / pouch / Australian theme. bandicoots look like mini kangaroos! Love that color combo! jenny

sbjf
02-27-2004, 08:32 AM
Oh, well mini kangaroos are cute! I was picturing rats, ewwww!

khakismom
02-27-2004, 12:45 PM
It looks like a FABULOUS bag! I love how it can be a messenger or a backpack. I thought I was done with bags for a while, but if the price is right, I may have to jump on this one during the co-op! :) Thanks for posting Sara!

etwahl
02-27-2004, 01:40 PM
diaperbags.com will be PRE-SELLING these as part of their promotion.

also, this promotion will probably start on Sunday! i'll post the details as soon as i get them and you can place your orders!!!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

Jeanmick
02-27-2004, 02:11 PM
It's a great looking bag...Thanks so much Tammy for putting this together! I'm looking forward to the details!

boys2enough
02-27-2004, 02:20 PM
Yipeeee!!!! I have to say I am going to the deep end: I actually dreamed about this bag last night. lol. Thank you for doing all the work! :-) Have a great weekend! Lin

parkersmama
02-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Whoo hoo!!! That is *the* cutest bag! I hope, hope, hope that I'll be able to afford one! :) Thanks for organizing this and thanks for getting pics.

myllam
02-27-2004, 03:55 PM
What a great looking bag. I was going to hold off on this co-op (hoping that maybe a Petunia Pickle Bottom or Timbuk2 co-op would come along :)), but I think I'll have to get this loom. I love the fact that it can be a backpack or messenger!

cvharris
02-27-2004, 04:27 PM
Woo Hoo! I'm dying for a Loom bag. I love the looks of the Bandicoot!

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

mamahill
02-27-2004, 06:52 PM
Crap. That bag is gorgeous. Must repeat to myself that my Timbuk2 was supposed to solve everything... *drooling over this one...* so gorgeous, though...

sbaker
02-27-2004, 08:32 PM
I got another email from Johanna. Here's specifics on the new bag.

"The Bandicoot is slightly smaller bag by design than the Marsupial. The goal was to create a bag for parents who really prefer a backpack style bag and don’t want the bulk of a full-sized diaper bag (there seems to be a real specific preference among bag users on this point – either you LOVE to carry a backpack or you DON”T).

That having been said, the Banidcoot has a very large interior capacity (approx. 840 cubic inches) owing to the fact that it’s a simpler, more open cavity design. The top opening is super wide (it has a large oval zipper on the 8.5” wide x 5” opening) and the interior has a large pocket against the back wall. Other than that, it’s a very simple interior- designed to hold lots to loose stuff (clothing, diapers, snacks, etc….) and without lots of pockets/compartments that eat up interior space.

As for the detachable clutch…

Yes, that’s the green bag you see on the front of the Bandicoot! It quickly and easily detaches/attaches via the sturdy nickel snaps on the front of the bag. The clutch (called the “Joey”) comes with it’s own little shoulder strap – so it works as a simple little clutch/purse in its own right. It’s got one interior zipper pocket in its compartment – which is large enough to hold a wallet, keys, cell phone etc…This bag was designed to carry mom’s stuff - and save her the hassle of loading and unloading her valuables from the diaper bag.

Here’s some more details of both :

Bandicoot features:

- Adjustable + removable wide shoulder strap

- Adjustable backpack straps with hidden stow pouch

- Sturdy nickel buckles + snaps

- Water and stain resistance inside + out

- Wide-mouth zipper top access

- 2 large quick-access exterior pouches for bottles, cell phone, sunglassses

- Stain resistant changing pad

- Large internal pocket

- Carabiner Key Clip

Dimensions: 14.5” wide x 11” tall x 5.5” deep

Available in contrasting ballistic nylon:
Robin’s Egg Blue backpack + Avocado “Joey” Clutch

Red backpack + Safety Orange “Joey” Clutch

Black backpack + Moss “Joey” Clutch

The Joey: A modern take on a timeless classic. A sleek clutch with detachable strap. The Joey can be snapped to unite with Bandicoot backpack or used solo. Joey features:

- Removable shoulder strap w/ snaps

- Water and stain resistance inside + out

- Sturdy polished nickel zipper closure

- Internal zippered pocket

Dimensions: 10” wide x 6.5” tall x 1” deep

Available in ballistic nylon: Avocado, Safety Orange, Moss.

Sara, the Bandicoot and the colors it comes in will be up on the Loomlife.com

Site by midweek next week…..i can send you an alert and you know when it’s up!

It will probably retail for around $110."

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to:
Rayce 02/09/02
Charlye 12/20/03

kathsmom
02-27-2004, 08:58 PM
Sara,

Thanks for sharing this information and the pictures with us. This is one cool looking bag! From the information that Johanna sent you, it looks like the Bandicoot includes the Joey clutch. Is that right, or is it a separate purchase? I am just so tired (DS is teething and getting over the rotavirus), so I am not processing things too well!

Thanks!

jec2
02-27-2004, 09:40 PM
"As for the name Bandicoot- it's kinda a funny thing. For starters, I
named the Marsupial partly because of the pouch like pockets on the ends
(which the Bandicoot shares), and partly after my maternal grandfather
who was one of my favorite people, and a really colorful entrepreneur.

My mom's maiden name is MARSILJE (a dutch name) - often we joke about
certain family traits being very "Marsupial" - as in "You have your
grandfather's nose. That's a very MARSUPIAL looking nose!"

So when it came time to name the new bag - I thought about other
marsupials that have snazzy names....and my 8 year old niece kept
choosing the BANDICOOT in our 20 question guess the animal games! So
Bandicoot it was. I also just like the sound of the word...but I have
seen pictures of a bandicoot -and they do look like a cross between a
bunny and a rat...
An interesting hybrid, but I guess that's what my bag is too!"

wendinbill
02-27-2004, 09:59 PM
Wow, that is a very nice looking bag. I too love the color combo, and the fact that it can be a backpack or not. I would love to know if it comes in other colors, and also how much? Those Looms are a bit out of my price range...just bought a Timbuk2 bag & my husband has NO idea how much that was!!

sarahfran
02-27-2004, 10:58 PM
OK, this bag is tooooo cute. I could be very interested.

So, what's the deal with the co-op? I read through the interest string and didn't see any announcement of details. Is it still open? What will the discount be? Is it through Loom directly, or through diaperbags.com (I thought I read that a while ago).

If it's still open and the discount is good, I'm in!

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

jec2
02-27-2004, 11:40 PM
Sarah,

You haven't missed it. Tammy will be updating us with info I think on Sunday and it is slated to start next week. But, just stay tuned. I'm trying so hard to be patient!

boys2enough
02-28-2004, 12:14 AM
Yes, please please let it be that the price is $110 for the Joey and the Bandicoot! I was afraid that it would be more $$ than the Marsupial since it looks more complicated (from outside).

Now... which color combo is your thing, ladies? decisions, decisions... lol

ETA: Thank you for the update!!! :)

sbjf
02-28-2004, 12:31 AM
That's neat! Thanks for passing on the info! I agree that the word 'Bandicoot' is a snazzy word, I like it.

As for the Bandicoot bag, I think it's awesome but I think I'll be better off with the Marsupial because I really love interior pockets to help me stay organized.

You all are so great here for being so proactive and bringing all of this opportunity for bargains and information here, thank you!

parkersmama
02-28-2004, 06:54 PM
I'm torn as well. Interior pockets are important to me too but I love the design of the Bandicoot from an external perspective. Also, love the two-color combos!

coffeemug230
02-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Do we know for a fact that it doesn't have interior pockets??

sarahfran
02-29-2004, 12:15 AM
Patient? Who, me? Never!

I'll tell you, there's nothing like these boards to whip me up into a complete frenzy over stuff. Hopefully I'll forget all about this fabulous bag between now and Sunday... yah, right.

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

tapr
03-02-2004, 08:47 PM
I feel the same! It is difficult not to get excited over such great stuff.

Does anyone know how this bag compares to the Loom Marsupial in terms of size and organization? Do you think it would be big enough for a toddler and newborn? Also, is it going to be included in the co-op on diaperbags.com or have I missed something?

Tracey