PDA

View Full Version : expecting 2nd child, do I need a more organized diaper bag?

Chelsey333
02-27-2004, 03:19 PM
Hi, I am new to this website and can't believe all the info I have gotten about diaper bags here. I had never heard of a Loom, etc. After reading all of your posts, I am thinking I need another diaper bag. I have a Kate Spade medium sized diaper bag (about 15 x 11 x 5)and I loved it for my first. But it also had some cons, there is only one zipper compartment inside and the rest is just space. The outside has 2 bottle holders or drink holders -which I love. But now that baby # 2 is coming, I am thinking I might need something with more pockets and compartments to be better organized. Is this necessary, or am I looking for an excuse to spend more $!? What do you recommend for 2 children. My 1st will be exactly 2 years old when the baby is born. Thanks!

emmiem
02-27-2004, 03:31 PM
It depends on what kinds of things you like to carry with you all the time. I have that Kate Spade bag too. Once we were off bottles, I bought the ks messenger bag. Then I found the Petunia Picklebottom toddler tote. We use that one in two different colors almost exclusively. We don't carry around sippy cups so I don't need the bottleholder although the PPB has one. I like to keep a container in my trunk with extra diapers, wipes, straws, disposable cups, bibs, and outfits but I can't tell you the last time I needed to go to it. For more that one child in diapers and bottles at the same time, you might want to go with a large backpack style or messenger style. Check out a Bumble bag or a Tulip bag at Babyoliver.com. I do like to keep my stuff more organized. I use more than one diaper changing to match my outfit. I keep diapers, wipes, and changing pads in each one and just move my personal stuff.
HTH
Michele