PDA

View Full Version : A question showing my bag ignorance-How do you wear a messenger?

kkb99
02-28-2004, 11:28 AM
Like the T2 or the Loom Marsupial- do you have it(1) hanging on your shoulder and it hangs down; (2)hanging on your shoulder and it lays on your back ; OR (3)over your head and oppostie shoulder (does this make sense? suddenly realize I don't know how to describe). For the 1 &2, what I mean is you put your right arm through and lay it on your right shoulder, traditional way to carry a purse. For #3 what I mean is you put your right arm and head through, lay it on your left shoulder (but bag would be on your right side). I have been using a backpack so long (and happy til now) that I have not even noticed the way others wear bags. In thinking about all this new bag stuff, I was just thinking it would be laying on my right shoulder (not over my head, etc).

If you do wear over your head and so strap goes across your body- how does that work with a sling??

This is probably a really dumb question, but its something I thought I should mentally clear up before I ordered something with a certain expectation in mind. What made me aware is one site had the model wearing it over her head.

Thanks!

Kristen
DS 1/5/97
DS 6/28/98
DD 11/23/02
DD 10/13/03

wendinbill
02-28-2004, 06:01 PM
I just got my Timbuk 2 yesterday...and used it all day today!! I LOVE IT. I couldn't be more pleased!! There is so many pockets to store various things!! I wore mine on my right side/right shoulder like a purse. HTH!!

jerseygirl07067
02-28-2004, 06:25 PM
I wear mine diagonally across my chest, I think like the #3. That way it doesn't fall of my shoulder.

Mary

momma_boo
03-01-2004, 01:31 PM
I usually wear it over the opposite shoulder (#3), that way you can put the bag behind you and free up your hands. I use a regular messenger bag for work, so when I'm on the subway, I put the bag in front of me (to keep any prying hands out!).